PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thread - Sunday 8th March

Options
1235»

Comments

• kazzaw
    kazzaw Posts: 717 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Very quiet on here today!!

OH cooked us a lovely roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings whilst I was making my W.I. Panto costumes. Only need a few tweaks and they should be ok. Dress rehearsal next Sunday then 3 performances the following week. I love it but it is a lot of hard work!

Sent DS2 back to Uni with HM scones and a couple of chicken fillets for him to play with! He is experimenting with his cooking at the moment. Wish he was more keen to experiment with his laundry!

All laundry up to date but need to catch up on the housework in between work & rehearsals this week.

(((Hugs))) to everyone!!

TTFN

Karen
    :j New Year, New You = 1.5lb/12lb:j
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    evening all!

just quickly skimmed the thread, been at work all day.

redruby - glad you had a great day yesterday!

sistercas (((hugs))) to your DH

Anniestar - hope you are feeling better and enjoyed the day in London x

(((hugs))) to all those in need.

Not too happy with DS2(aged 16) - he went out with friends last night and came home drunk and was sick in his bed:mad: then he carried on sleeping in it_pale_ so we have had to clean the mess up. He's been suffering though today;) He got served in a pub even though he doesn't look 18 at all - no ID asked for

DS1(aged 19) who is on holiday with my Mum in Cornwall managed to stop in bed till 3pm today:eek: we're used to it but she isn't:rolleyes: :D

hope you're all having a great weekend, am off work now for just over a week:j

take care all x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ruby....I am a creature of habit....off to Sardinia. Didn't get my 'fix' last year as OH was inconsiderate enough to have his stroke 2 days before we were due to go!

Weezl...that Fergus is one beautiful baby...take it easy

Night all...there was a newbie I meant to welcome but have forgotten your name, sorry, advanced Alzheimer's kicking in!

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    stefejb wrote: »
    he's actually on page 21 of the thread in the linky and very boofles

ahhh thanks stef, you are right he is delish xx
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Options
    taplady wrote: »
    evening all!

Not too happy with DS2(aged 16) - he went out with friends last night and came home drunk and was sick in his bed:mad: then he carried on sleeping in it_pale_ so we have had to clean the mess up. He's been suffering though today;) He got served in a pub even though he doesn't look 18 at all - no ID asked for

My son only came home drunk once, I heard him in the bathroom, went in behind him pushed his head down and pulled the chain!!!!!:D :D

My cousins wife complained that her DS was going out and coming home drunk, so I told her what I had done.....a couple of days later said son rang me up
    'do you know what Mum did to me the other night' ?????? He was so shocked that his mother would even think of doing such a thing. He was expecting sympathy, he just got me laughing down the phone.......but he did not come home drunk again and neither did my son!!!

Its very worrying especially if they are sick in bed, they can so easily inhale the vomit.

I did make the Amish bread, it was quite different to the bread we normally eat, I guess you get used to it. I am feeding the starter at the moment...heaven knows who is going to be the recipient of what I have left
    at the end.......

Supper was delicious, the chicken was one from Asda £2 the meat was suculent and tasty......I did once buy an organic chicken, I was not impressed with it and it cost me 3 times what I would normally pay for a chicken. As pensioners we have to be careful with money, I cannot justify spending £8.00 on a chicken which still will only give me 3 meals and stock from the carcass and does not taste any different.......... I seem to remember one of the TV chefs doing a blind tasting and they picked the factory chicken, could not tell the difference........:eek: :eek:

Well its beddiebyes time for me, see y'all tomrrow..........
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
  • justpeyton4now
    Options
    Awwwwwww, Weezl, what a beautiful boy you have. :) I had to play search and hunt to find his pic and am so glad I did. For anyone else who finds picture finding a challenge, here's a direct link. http://weezl.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/fergie.jpg

Oh Taplady, I remember the night my DD did something similar. She didn't get sick but she turned lovely shades of green when I asked her if she wanted bacon and fried eggs for brekkie the next morning. :rotfl: Now at age 27 she's a dream.

The chicken livers came out wonderfully for our tea tonight. Even DH who eyed them suspiciously liked them. I heated up some of the leftover mash from last night's roast and we had peas and pickled beetroot with them. Then we had a slice of the lemon drizzle cake for our afters.

The washing up is done and the kitchen clean for morning. The flat has been tidied and I'm trying to catch up on here with a cup of tea before bed. Just need to switch on the coffee maker and make DH's lunch in the morning. I've pulled veg soup out of the freezer to go with his lunch tomorrow. It's suppose to be very cold again so that will warm him up when he comes in for his lunch break.

It will be a long week coming. DH is working 7 out of 7 days so I know he'll come home tired and not in much of a mood to talk or play games etc. I certainly understand that. Maybe I'll get some reading done this week in the evenings. I don't know very many people here and so most of my talking with other people is done here on the forum (via posting) or at the park when I take Bree. Hopefully it will warm back up a bit as it's so cold today with the wind, going there was out of the question. Done the moaning, sorry about that. :(

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your night.

Take care and gentle hugs for all.

Peyton xx
    Take the first step.
    Even if you cannot see the whole staircase,
    Just take the first step.
    ~MLK, Jr~
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Welcome Lucy and congratulations to Weezl!! :D
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    red ruby you need to follow the link to my diary and he's there...all went as well as giving birth could me thinks!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure