overwhelmed new member

Options

Comments

• Barbeduk
    Barbeduk Posts: 869 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi coco, I am feeling so much less grumpy today! DH and I had a shock as some friends are likely to go bankrupt, gulp. Thank god I'd already started the debt free journey.

Snowball calculator sounds like a fab idea. I was so lucky as I managed to get mine all onto 0%. Are they maxed out? Just wondered if you could move some of the debt with higher rates to the accounts with lower rates?

Made a mountain of 'find the mince' bolognaise last night so easy kids' tea tonight! Do you think if we all won the lottery life would suddenly become really dull, none of this scheming and planning?:p
    Make £2020 in 2020 £178.81/£2020
    SPC 13 #51
    Feb Grocery Challenge £4.68/£200
  • Coco114
    Coco114 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh that's bad news about your friend B , sadly it seems to be quite common place now - just hope I dont have to go that route myself !

I think I may have filled snowball thing in wrong - it said I would have to repay 2.7million £ ..... Ok I knew it was bad but really :rotfl:
    That's what you get for not concentrating & having to answer the phone during lunch as so busy !!! Think I might give that another go :) I am not even sure why I am looking yet but anyway - at least it will give me something to aim for. Sadly , maxed out so I can't move anything around .... Never mind , where theres a will, there's a way I guess.

Your spag bol sounds like mine ! I figure if they are hungry they will eat it :)

Now off to make dinner from not much !

Coco x
    The final chapter - £4893 to go out of £30K
  • Coco114
    Options
    Morning :)

Was so tired I caved and went to bed before 10 last night & yet still I am tired !!
    V stressful house this week - eldest has 2 exams today and he is cramming & generally grumpy :) youngest is just grumpy because he has to go to school :rotfl:

Another mental day ahead at work ahead but at least I have a Job I guess :)

Hope you all have a great day !

Coco x
  • DrunklMunkee
    Options
    Hey Coco,

just checking in to see how it is all going.

Glad you got to sleep early last night - maybe this is a sign that all those thoughts running through your mind are starting to subside?

Hope Son no.1 gets through his exams ok. I know what it is like to have a stressed snappy teenager around the house.

Did you manage to send the PPI forms (consider your backside kicked for today :D)??

DMx
    ** Ambition - To be debt free by December 2013 **

Debts as at September 2008 - £63,050.94 :mad::mad::mad:
    [STRIKE]Debts as at April 2012 - £15,279.72 :T:T:T[/STRIKE]
    Debts as at June 2012 - £11,654.59 :T:T:T
  • Coco114
    Options
    Hi DM :)

Yes did sleep better but I think its because I have changed my thinking a bit. Have finally realised that worrying myself to death doesn't change anything .... Just drives you nuts !! So , am trying to work on just worrying about what's happening today & not worry about tomorrow till I get there ? Well , it makes sense to me at least !

Stroppy teenagers x 2 ......:mad:

Yes , I did post my PPI form back - ex told me to do all the paperwork and he just signed it. So let's wait & see what they say - nothing ventured nothing gained.

Hope your day has been good ? I am looking forward to your diary , I think there may be an interesting story lurking there :)
    No pressure though :rotfl:

I hope work is a bit calmer tomorrow - its so tiring when your day goes at 100 miles an hour ! Apart from anything else, I won't get chance to look at my snowball calculator otherwise lol.

Coco x
  • anita55
    anita55 Posts: 198 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, Coco114, have just finished reading your diary, it has taken a week, my daughters think I am addicted to it, but I read bit out aloud and they laugh, so keeping them amused as well.

I just have to say how much I admire you for what your doing, when you look from the outside you can see how brave, hardworking and what a wonderful mum you are, well done to you and I'm sure that you are going to crack this debt with or without the old man's help. I would be very much like you I think anything for a peaceful life.

Anyway just wanted to say you have inspired me to sell some books on Am... (don't know if I can say the name but you get the jist) only put them on yesterday and one already sold. So thank you and good luck with your journey, I shall be watching (does that sound creepy)
  • DrunklMunkee
    Options
    Oh Coco....

You won't believe it. I actually started it tonight..... I wrote another one of my epics (you know how I do go on!)

I pressed send - and MSE had timed me out. I lost all of it!

I think it is because I type so much that their computers can't handle it!! Oh well - I shall just have to write it on something else and copy and paste it in. But that is when it misses all those spaces that were missing off my first post!

I shall try again later. few things to do now.

Catch you later

DMx

• DrunklMunkee
    Options
    Oh yeah - great news on the PPI letters:T.

All you have to do now is wait. Be sure to open all of your letters though - just in case they write to you wanting more information.

See ya later

DMx

• Coco114
    Options
    Anita thank you :) glad you guys enjoyed my mental ramblings ... Theres never a dull moment in this house ! Feels like a bit of a car crash most of the time !
    Just to give you an idea .... Youngest has misheard " it's bed time " as please feel free to go on face book , play on PS , chat on phone & DONT pack your bag for tomorrow .... Must get his ears check lol - eldest this morning heard "please do the dishes " as please eat all my food , spend all day watching tv & make a special effort to wind your brother up when he gets home !!!! They drive me mental :rotfl:

DM I will let you off ..... For now :) I am so curious to know how you cleared that level of debt - amazing ! Will wait patiently !

I cannot believe it's thurs tomorrow already :T

Coco x
  • anita55
    anita55 Posts: 198 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know this house is like a war zone most of the time and mine are all grown up except it starts all over again with the grandchildren, he ho, life's too short and I have a glass of wine so can't be that bad eh?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback