PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 16th May 2016

Options

Comments

• bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :wave:

Hello, thanks for the lists, I'm going to try be in too - although I really need to wash some conservatory windows _pale_ the sun can't get through :eek:

I've come home from work as no-one is there. Wish they'd told me before I drove in. Gah. Could have saved time and money. Never mind. I'll WFH the rest of my days this week. Not long now!!!

So, I've just put a wash on and clearly I'm being very productive lol. My head is a muddle as I need to decide between two kitchens - they have come up with essentially the same design. There's not much in the price so I guess I need to break it down and see what each includes. Lol, I hate that I'm going to have to say no to one of them :)

I've also been trying to organise some replacement life cover - it was provided by work but obviously that will end - so I need to sit and think. And possibly talk to my mum - I wonder if she would be better with a monthly payout rather than a lump sum (to look after the kiddies). So many options!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    A few hours flying at my parents' home as I can't go my usual day this week due to big meeting for ds2.

Dry washing brought in :)

Time to Henry the ground floor
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Afternoon

Tip run done
    Shopping done
    Been out with OH for a long walk!
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • katiecat
    katiecat Posts: 231 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Didn't really get going last week. I went back to work Tuesday first time since losing Dad to' take it slowly, we will look after you' - then by Thursday it was back to normal as if nothing had happened, back to target driven work and I was finding it really hard to cope :mad:. Did manage to do all week but was exhausted so nothing else got done. Back in again tomorrow .

Have done some cleaning in kitchen washed all cupboards and went for a walk with the dog. DS3 now home from work so its cuppa time.
    Have had quick read of old thread but not remembered much!
    Hugs

Katiecat

x
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 16 May 2016 at 5:17PM
    Options
    Afternoon all

Hugs Katie, sounds like you need more time and a little compassion from your colleagues. Take care of yourself grief takes a different amount of time for everyone to go through each of the stages, you never get over losing someone you love you just learn to cope with it eventually.
    Just got back in from work, bird feeders all refilled, post dealt with and just had a live chat with hot point re mils faulty tumble dryer got waiting time improved by 9months so she's only got to wait till next month now instead of till next March.
    Going to nip shops now and see if there's any salad left for tea and we need bread.
    Then I'd better get on with the kitchen list.

Hope all are well
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Katie you take it slowly, if need be go and see your HR dept. as explain to them how you feel.

Roast dinner cooked, the first time in ages, it was nice and made a good change.

Bins out
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,666 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Started early this am; finished a report just before 1am then came downstairs and put picked, washed spinach into freezer bags and froze.
    - checked and emailed report
    - ordered theatre tickets for Mr N's birthday in August
    - washed up
    - went to uni, saw student for 2hrs
    - wrote sponsor cheque (monkey!)
    -sorted another couple of letters/queries which have been in 'pending'
    - put runner bean canes up
    - more beans in to soak

Plan now to do a bit more of a report till I get bored, then attack a bit more of the kitchen.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening - thanks for the lists pigpen :A

I know some of you have seen on FB but I had some fab news over the weekend . . . . .

My avatar is of a gravestone of an 'unknown sailor' in Cassino War Cemetery which, after much research, we believed to be that of my Grandfather. On Friday, having reviewed our evidence and conducted their own research, the MOD agreed and he will now finally be getting his name on a gravestone :j :D

Monday - kitchen

Level One

Clear and wipe work surfaces
    Wipe and replace small appliances

Level Two
    Wipe the front of the units, kickboards and the large appliances
    Sweep and mop the floor

Level Three
    De-web and fluff the room
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 16 May 2016 at 8:51PM
    Options
    Just read my meter and emailed the readings off, first time I've done that.
    It is so quiet here just me Dh and the radio in the garden, all we can hear apart from that is the birds. Guessing everyone else is in the city centre getting hysterical about football and the recent success. That or theres been an alien abduction and the population of our town has been taken.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Biscuit_monster
    Options
    Evening all,

Done:

Long day at paid stuff
    Wm
    DW
    Kitchen worktops and dining table cleaned (very bad, children making unsupervised salt dough)
    Hoovered kitchen floor
    S&S
    Poo picked
    Swept garden path
    Cleaned out cutlery drawer

Now just going to mop kitchen floor, and then take doggy out for an evening stroll before it goes dark.

Froddington that is excellent news x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport