Frump to Fab 2016 - Lets make it AWESOME!!!

Options

Comments

• Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy New Year Fabbers _party_
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Options
    Happy New Year

May I join please?

Function better when I have a project!

Cleared a DMP approx 16 months ago. Been coasting since. Lost 3.5 stone with low carb but managed to put it back on all bar 6lb. Grrrr

Decided 2016 is going to be my year. Stop living in the past and start looking to the future.

Have made a start; doing some major declutter which is challenging, anxiety provoking, physically demanding and with small bouts of exhilaration thrown in. Am sure it will be worth it in the end.

Significantly over weight and increasingly unfit. Only went to the gym once last year despite paying each month. Have just signed a contract with a personal trainer. Dreading it. But; no pain no gain.

Also a fan of keratin blow dry. Managed to get some keratase oil for £26 which was significantly cheaper than the salon.

Good luck to all

HHx
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning fabbers, hope you all had a fab New Year's Eve.

I didnt go to bed too late, but the children got me up early, so I'm pottering about online to try and keep myself awake.
  • Freckles86
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker for sometime but I feel now is a good time to join.

My goals for for 2016 is to continue to lose weight with juice plus, keep challenging myself with running and look fantastic for my wedding in June!

I've got my 30th birthday in a 3 weeks and so many exciting things planned this year that I want to feel confident and fabulous!

Wishing everyone else all the best for their goals.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi folks and Happy New Year!

I rejoined last year with a new username. I don't post much because it's a bit awkward on my 'phone but I read regularly and cheer everyone on in my head :o

indiepanda it's lovely to hear you so happy, I do hope things work out with the new bf :)

Maman I was out yesterday too, we had a glorious walk in Kew Gardens, there were snowdrops and even a few daffodils out! It was chilly but the sun was lovely.
    Not so glorious ride home on the motorbike - it started raining on the M4 and by the time we got home we were drenched and frozen :rotfl:
    One hot bath later I was fine :)

I'll have to think about my goals for this year, I do have a tendency to flit about, and the threat of redundancy has been hanging like the sword of Damocles for 18 months now and distracting me from life. Maybe my goal is simply to get through the next year without going potty :o
    Oh and keep up the long walks that keep me sane (ish!) and enjoy OHs company when I can get him to myself :D

Thanks for continuing with the thread LL, I'm glad to hear you're feeling better and looking forward to the wedding :)
    Cheers
    TDx
  • ali-t
    ali-t Posts: 3,815 Forumite
    Options
    My goals are to lose weight, wear the lovely clothes i have that dont fit, wear some of the jewellery i have (especially earrings) and wear my hair down more. That way the day to day me will closer resemble the me who is sociable and goes out rather than the me who works hard and overlooks her appearance.
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    edited 1 January 2016 at 11:45AM
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy New Year Everyone,

I have been reading along every day but it is a while since I last posted. We have been very busy at work over the Christmas period - this is my first day off apart from Christmas Day for about 3 weeks.

I've had a productive morning sorting out my Household Planner, reading meters, sorting finances etc plus a nice long leisurely bath, complete with defuzzing, foot filing etc so am all ready to face the day. I'm wearing black leggings with a long, loose and fluffy burgundy jumper, black boots, jewellery, perfume and freshly styled hair so feeling FAB!

I have been reviewing my aims from last year and setting new ones for this year. Taking a leaf from lesson planning (I used to teach) I am going to list my aims and then a success criteria to show how I have progressed towards that aim over each month. I still haven't achieved my target weight, although I am five pounds lighter than I was on 1st January last year, which is something I suppose.

Aim ................................ ................................. January Target
    Reach target weight.................................... Lose 5lbs so will be 9st 7 by Feb 1st
    Keep hair looking good ............................... Cut and colour booked for next week
    Teeth healthy..............................................Appt booked for 2 fillings replaced
    Keep up fitness...........................................Up daily average steps to 14,000 ( currently 13,357)

I shall also go to my usual fitness classes (Yoga, Pilates, Metafit and Tennis) and I and a friend have booked a day at a Spa for the end of January. I won't be running this year as my running partner has given up running for good and I only ever started running to keep her company. We shall try to fit in a couple of long walks together each week though.

I am continuing to refine and pare down my wardrobe. I have regular trying on sessions and discard anything I am not totally happy with. I bought some new exercise gear with my Christmas money this week so need to go through the old stuff and see what I don't use - especially if I am not going to be running at all.

I am also hoping to move house in the next couple of months (just around the corner). We have sold ours and had an offer accepted on the one we want so it is all in the hands of the solicitors at present. More reasons to de-clutter as I don't want to move anything I don't need.

I really enjoy reading everyone's goals and wish everyone success over the next few weeks.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks LL.

My goals for 2016 are to tone & trim for my DS2s wedding in September, possibly to try contact lenses, and to improve my general fitness through walking more with DH, using my gym membership & possibly buying a rowing machine to use in the attic.

I also need to reduce and refine my wardrobe (when DH is away so can't see ;)) and keep up my regular hair, nails & perfume fabbing. I also want to have regular 3-monthly spa days with my BF who lives 120 miles away :( so we can catch up & fab at the same time!:)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all!
    Got up fairly early and walked the dog for 3 km - didn't see a soul!
    Then came back and have cleaned right through - always feel better when the house is clean and tidy, it calms me :)
    Not got any big plans for today so will get a big of fabbing done....
    The plan is to...
    Dye hair (grey roots :( )
    File and tidy fingernails
    Tidy toenails
    Do a face mask - skin feels very dry
    De fuzz
    Body moisturise

Received a massage voucher for an Xmas present so will see it they have an appointment available tomorrow - I love having this done and always feel better afterwards. Fingers crossed that they have a space free.

With regards to my priority for 2016......I have three :-
    Lose 7-10 lbs
    Exercise more - not just walking the dog
    Look after my skin - have loads of products I just don't use them often enough

Hope everyone has a good day xx
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 1 January 2016 at 1:31PM
    Options
    Happy New Year!!!

Hello Ladies and welcome to all our newbies and Returners. Some wonderful thoughts and ideas. Lots of plans and goals.

I particularly liked this one from Hopelessly Hopeless

"Stop living in the past and start looking to the future".

I think we should make this our Mantra.

I'm definitely going to say this to myself whenever I start to flag. I did shed a few tears for my darling last night but I'm fine. He's still in my heart but I'm happy and hopeful.

I would add a further thought to this.

Looking to the future is good, it's healthy but I think we also need to live for today, learning to appreciate the moment.

I notice that weight loss features in most of our goals. This is good. We all know that shedding excess weight helps us look better and of course has real health benefits.

I'm going to make a suggestion that might sound a bit radical and which might seem counterproductive but it's something I think is important. It's this.

Don't postpone life until you have lost weight.

What do I mean by this.

Well how often do we say to ourselves things like "when I've lost weight I will..........."

Fill in the blanks. It might be buy some clothes, have my hair done, start exercising........

I would suggest we rethink this. Don't wait, do those things now. Start fabbing now, not when you've lost weight.

Wear your nice clothes, don't leave them languishing at the back of the wardrobe. Style your hair, take care of your skin, paint your nails and wear lippy.

Don't put your life on hold just because you haven't reached your target weight!

Carpe that diem.:D

Have a lovely relaxing day, have fun.

Tomorrow I will talk our newbies through our programme, starting with the Mirror Test.......

For the returners and regulars it will be "back to basics" - a sort of refresher course. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure