Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017

Options

Comments

• elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mooloo

If you take the brush off and attach a stocking or leg of tights to the tube then you can pick up the lego without it going down the tube.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • surveyqueenuk
    Options
    elona wrote: »
    Mooloo

If you take the brush off and attach a stocking or leg of tights to the tube then you can pick up the lego without it going down the tube.

Seconded! Good for errant contact lenses too : )
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    elona wrote: »
    Mooloo

Gosh so simple but never thought of that. Will try the next time which will probably be quite soon.
    Apart from cooking tea And washing up, I didn't do anything else. BF came over and we sat watching the TV. I still haven't done anything about my paperwork! Whether he is here or not tonight I will have to get my act together.

I think your right, I have had quite a stressful week and I have not realised how much it takes it toll on me these days.
    I have to cope so I do. I haven't mentioned any of it to BF as we don't tend to talk about money, and he and DS have never gotten on really, so I didn't really talk about anything with him.
    I am still on course to be debt free in 2019, but I am going to have to be on top of the money to rebuild my emergency funds etc.
    So before I can fight the good fight, I need to have the energy and so I need to remember to think and act on, keeping my self healthy and build up my energy levels.
    I know that if I don't look after my self then I can't look after the rest.
    So what is in store for today?
    BF went to work at 6.30 and will be back before me around 5pm
    After the school run I go straight to work and put the heating on in the sales floor and then the kettle. I then look at the invoice book, and make sure all the jobs are on the wall.
    I open the post, hopefully marry up zips with their coats etc, and then check for the right threads. I am usually called down to serve a couple of times before staff arrives and if we have any fittings then I do them before I get going on the sewing around 10am when staff usually arrives.
    I then just work my way through the list, hopefully in number order, but sometimes in date needed order. I have a suit for a wedding that came in urgent so that will go to the top of the working day so as to take any pressure off of me.
    I usually stop around 1pm for lunch, and straight on with the next jobs and as I have an iPhone I tend to check my email and the pages for messages when I have my cup of tea and order anything required as I go along.
    Staff leaves at 3pm so I don't often do major jobs then, as I am interrupted with serving, so I tend to do trouser hems and simple Repairs in the last hour.
    As work has been quiet I have been going home ( CIA collecting dgd), just after 4.30
    But if I get busy I can stay until 5.30.
    It's getting lighter now, so I feel better at staying but actually I should probably come home and start in the garden etc.
    I am probably just going to do sausage mash and peas with gravy tonight as I did a chichen dish from one of the simplycook recipes last night. So keep it simple tonight.
    Time to get up properly now.
    I am feeling calm and in control today. Wonder how long it will last?
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Calm and control is good. Hope you have a good day.
    I don't know how I feel about you not discussing finances with your partner, having been there and done that I would not personally down that road again.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I will discuss money with him if we are nearing the option of moving in together etc. He never ever mentions his money, and won't openly discuss money, I have told him about my situation before and all he ever said was "you have to be self sufficient".
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    At least you know how the land lies.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Time to call it a day.
    1zip in jacket, I dress sleeve shortened. 1 blouse shortened, 1 blouse sleeve shortened.
    1 jumpers holes mended, 3 pairs of Trousers shortened and a pair of curtains. the rest can wait until tomorrow. I have 6 jobs waiting for zips to arrive, hopefully they will be here tomorrow.
    I could stay a little later, but I am just too cold and tired.
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    I will discuss money with him if we are nearing the option of moving in together etc. He never ever mentions his money, and won't openly discuss money, I have told him about my situation before and all he ever said was "you have to be self sufficient".

This post has so many underlying messages that I'd love to explore but at the end of the day, your relationship is private and all that entails it is private too. It's not something any of us should judge or comment upon.

But having said that, make sure you do remain self-sufficient as I'd hate for you to rely on someone who could pull the rug from under you at any time.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I would be very very careful. I have been left to survive on my own through two failed marriages where I was left with out any financial support at all. In fact I paid for them to have a car etc and a roof over their heads!
    I doubt that I would ever trust a man to support me.
    If we do get to the stage we do share there would definitely have to be a signed agreement that I would not be left homeless etc, especially if anything happens to him and his kids want me out!
    That I have already told him when he asked me at Christmas.
    I have a very long way to go before I leave my house and family etc.
    I have an aim, but it's not written in stone, and currently I am not exactly self sufficient as I rely on Tax Credits and housing benefits to survive. That is one of the reasons why I am trying to get the business to improve and the 0% debt to clear and the target is 2019.

Last night I looked for an alternative hotel for Mum and my Christmas week as the one we booked is closed for the period, and the one they offered was some 3.5km further out.
    I have emailed the original company to say to cancel the accommodation and transfer, and refund the money ASAP.
    Funnily enough through the company I used last night, we don't have to pay the hotel until we arrive, and have free cancellation up until a week before we travel. The prices vary so much. Last month the hotel I just booked was too expensive at some £2,200!! And last night we got it at £717. The difference between the first hotel and the second means we have £499 to come back and then we can use that as our spending money, although that Mum said was already in hand.
    As I go to the area regularly I know that it is a very good hotel and Mum will love it. When I told her where it was she remembered where from when she came out in the days when I had a timeshare and we could see it from our balcony. That's 28 years ago!

Time to face the day. I didn't manage to finish all the accounts last night but I did do quite a chunk of it.
    Onwards and upwards! X
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Annandale - I think the offending post has been deleted - cannot see it now!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure