feel so stupid

Options

Comments

• powerful_Rogue
    Options
    sam_m wrote: »
    Oh, i am keeping my anger in check. If i had found that out before i would have screamed into my pillow and felt even more worthless. but now i am even more determined to get better in my life.

How do i develop friendship though, i really want this xmas to come and me having found a really good female friend or even a partner/girlfriend.

How do i start though

http://pof.com
  • sam_m
    sam_m Posts: 429 Forumite
    Options
    No, not that. I have been on that site before, i never got any replies, i was on there for over 2 years messaged loads of girls and none replied.
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    sam_m wrote: »
    No, not that. I have been on that site before, i never got any replies, i was on there for over 2 years messaged loads of girls and none replied.

Then it all depends on your profile and style of communication.

April 2015 I went on there. Had many dates/ short term relationships until I found the right person in November 2015. Now been happily living together since October 2016.
  • sam_m
    Options
    my profile was fine. It said

Hello, my name is Sam, i am 24 years old i have autism. My hobbies include reading, walking and watching movies. I also love traveling and it is my dream to travel the world. The place where i would love to go most of all is Australia. I am in college studying for level 2 travel & tourism, people always say i have a kind personality and a nice smile.

Then i had 6 photos of myself.

People looked at my profile but never responded and it made me feel worthless
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Hmmm. I'm not sure on forum rules without looking them up but it feels really dangerous to me that you have posted your profile on a public forum like this. I'll check the rules and get back to you. (Trying to protect you, not trying to be obstructive, honest! :D )
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • sam_m
    Options
    im posting my profile because i am just stuck. people just dont look at me, i need to know if i am just ugly because i think i am and if i am what chance to i have to find a job and a partner
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    Please remove your profile link, you should not be posting so much identifying information.

I did look and honestly, stop focusing on your autism. You mention it three times yet you say it doesn't really affect you! Focus on the positives, what you enjoy, what you want to do and what you are looking for. Mention the drama group but you don't need to tell people it is for people with learning difficulties, and don't say that you got no replies last time.

Your autism is reflected in your personality but it doesn't define you. Let them get to know you and when you feel comfortable you can mention the autism.
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    sam, I'd agree. Posting personal info IS against forum rules, so please remove your link. (You look like a perfectly presentable - indeed, borderline handsome - young man to me.)
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • sam_m
    Options
    well in my last time i created the profile i didn't get any replies so I still don't get any views. This is the problem i have messaged thousands of girls thousands on this site but no one actually replies
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    Thank you for removing the link so promptly. IAmWales has made some very good points which I think would help your profile. In fact I don't think you need to mention autism in your profile at all (although I think you should mention it before an actual date). This is the sort of thing I would put.

Hello! I am on here to broaden my circle of friends as I really like meeting new people. One day perhaps I will find something that can be more than friendship, as well, as I love having someone to love and care for.

Then say the bit about what you like doing, and you are right, no need to mention your drama group is for people with LD.

Perhaps you could mention that although you are a confident person, you know that sometimes you struggle with social situations, and so you are keen to try new things to develop your skills? Something like that. Try to sound upbeat and friendly throughout your profile - think of the sorts of things you would like to read.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure