Thrifty Gifty Santas Challenge 2014

Options

Comments

• Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

DundeeDoll, I am sorry that you have to deal with this kind of thing at home which should be your sanctuary.

Yes, MSE has been good for me too when I was going through the legals with ex. And this Thrifty thread is brilliant because we can talk about anything.

I overslept this morning only woke when a friend phoned to meet for football on tv in the pub in the afternoon. Not that I'm the slightest bit interested in sports but feel I should get out of the house as not been anywhere since Sunday and need some fresh air. Had some bad headaches all week which I guess are about the furniture and overdoing the computer. Normally I do about 2-5 miles walking daily.

Found the usual sui...dal stuff from the texter this morning after his night out. Everyone thinks he's using emotional blackmail to keep our friendship going and implore me to drop him. It feels wrong to do that.

Can't believe how sunny it is. Ex will be collecting DS in about an hour.

Hope you all have a good day. How is the dog settling in Rufus?
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hope everyone ok, flying visit, to let you know Grandad Hoodies operation went ok, and he is home safe, got his arm in sling, then waiting follow up appointment (1mth) then he has to start physio - not sure when.

A massive thank you to the hospital where he got treated, they were one in a million xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hi all

mum2one, that's fantastic that Grandad is now home and nothing unusual happened.

How is Miss Hoodie now - any better as she was in the wars lately?

How about that visa?

I nipped out of the pub a few times and gravitated to the charity shop, I've got an addiction to buying bracelets lately. There were only a few today and nothing I fancied but I saw a really unusual necklace for only £1.50 I felt like getting it with the idea of taking it to pieces to make something else as I don't wear necklaces anymore but didn't get it as I've bought several in the past with the same idea and still haven't started. I don't think I have the right equipment or know how. I made a bracelet from a kit, it looked really nice when I first put it on - luckily in the bedroom as it broke straight away and beads went everywhere.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fab news re grandad sending virtual get well vibes
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Thank you both, all ok, I think I just over worried more coz of his age he's 76 this yr, and to be honest all the stress we had with my ex and his family took a toll on dads health.
    xx
  • rufusdog52
    rufusdog52 Posts: 3,972 Forumite
    Options
    Glad everything is ok Mum2one.

Had day out yesterday with both daughters, was nice as they havent been speaking to each other for about 6 months so was first time they have seen each other. Did lots of walking, about 6 miles altogether what with stops and starts (lunch in the cafe etc). Went back to Cheryl's after and stayed there a couple of hours as legs were aching before the long walk home again. Managed to get myself a nice top in CS, its one of those that look like a tshirt with a cardigan but all in one. Was only £1.99 and very smart.

Having more of a lazy day today, might do some sewing after taking the dog out but nothing else planned apart from cooking dinner.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    glad everything went well mum2one.

had the sewing machine out most of the weekend - made the second cuddly toy and an owl doorstop for mil for mothers day
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Been good today, Tesco and Iceland for shopping with help from Miss Hoodie, certainly a different list then when grandad hoodie goes!!
    So treated her to mcD's for her dinner (both just had kids meals in the car) but it was a treat.

Run around 2mor - feet check up in morning then Miss Hoodie to opticians after school. xx
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks to march's challenge i have renewed my love affair with the piano. Ok so fingers didnt quite do what they were sposed to but not as bad as i feared. And who cares anyway? This is me time for me :D
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • whitesatin
    whitesatin Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This might not seem "thrifty" at first but I thought I would share it with you.

I have just bought 2 Paint your Own Nativity sets from John Lewis at £10 each, reduced from £20. They are really meant for age 7 upwards but I bought two to do with my grandchildren (5 and 6 by then) with help where needed. I tend to look after them in the school holidays including the run up to Christmas and I can see this activity keeping them occupied for days! What surprised me was the size, they really are a lot bigger than I thought they would be. I can see them being kept for years.

Anyway, they still have some if you take a look, I think. Think keeping the children occupied at that time of year, in anticipation of Christmas. Worth every penny to me!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure