• annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Options
    It's bluelass, it's a wind up.
  • Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Does your husband resemble Prince William or Prince Harry?
  • bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I really can't see why some of you think that it's weird for a man to give his phone number to another man who he met in a pub.

I got talking a bloke who I'd never met before in our local - it turns out we both play guitar and are looking to start a band up.

As we usually go to the pub at different times we exchange phone numbers - really suspicious, eh?
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,756 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    annandale wrote: »
    It's bluelass, it's a wind up.

I did wonder that as well. Except bluelass would keep returning to ramp it up a bit more and bath cube doesn't and the posting style isn't quite the same. I'm not so sure that it is.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Money_maker
    Money_maker Posts: 5,471 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cjdavies wrote: »
    I remember a post a few months ago from a bloke saying the woman who worked for the housing association he was living in, he built up a friendship, but she was moved by the employer as it was not wanted and wanted advice should he make contact.

Most of the replies if I remember were roughly "No, you are scaring her".
    Makes me wonder now after seeing replies here if something did happen or did she encourage it in the first place.
    No, the friendship was all in his mind. The woman did not give him any reason to think there was any form of friendship at all, let alone relationship. She was trying to avoid him but he wasn't listening to the 99% posters who tried to show him this. That was really creepy.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    I did wonder that as well. Except bluelass would keep returning to ramp it up a bit more and bath cube doesn't and the posting style isn't quite the same. I'm not so sure that it is.

Let's look at the evidence shall we?

Blue lass wrote in a complete block - as does Bath Cube

Blue lass mum died 3 or 4 years ago, as did Bath Cubes

Blue lass had a brother who didn't work, so does bath cube

Blue lass had a cat who was ederly and was concerned about it dieing and was looking to get it stuffed. Bath cubes cat recently died

Blue lass was rather scathing of certain jewellers, as is bath cube

Blue lass was a vegetarian , as is bath cube

Blue lass had a variety of nutty relatives who were work shy , dole fiddlers etc etc etc, seems bath cube is a member of the same family

Blue lass told many stories about the weird and wonderful people her and hubs met in their local pub, from women who were jealous of her stunning good looks, to men who made passes, bath cube is now introducing similar characters

Just far too many similarities for it to be two different people
  • Bath_cube
    Bath_cube Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    I'm getting tired of some forum members comparing me to this blue lass person. For one thing Im originally from Sheffield and can't afford designer clothes. I texted my OH on my way home today and told him we must talk about this and if not I will leave. I spoke to a lady at work I have known for many years who is a trusted colleague to many on my break. She said have you not heard of sadie Hartley? And said I must take this seriously. I read about the sadie case on my phone on the train journey home and I see she was killed by a jealous obsessive. When I got home earlier I went to find our wheelie bin to put it back in its normal place and a neighbour who works from home and lives across the road asked if everything was alright. He said a man knocked on a few doors on the road including his and asked when my OH usually gets home. No one said anything to him. It now seems clear this man is going to call at ours and tell me they have been seeing one another. My OH told me the man was never part of the pubs social circle. He just stood on his own drinking and people used to say hi to him but that was all. For some reason my OH got talking to him and this man misinterpreted it as mutual attraction. My OH said because he comes across as a very nice person this man must have wanted to cling to him. My OH is no Brad or Clooney but isn't bug ugly either and this man is pitiful looking. My OH also said the man stared wearing better clothes and aftershave after a few months of meeting him. Also he was using cosmetics to try to cover his rosacea (he told my OH he had rosacea and was embarrassed about it). He also told my other half he had been bullied in child and adulthood because of his skin complaint. I noticed this man also speaks strange. He kicks his lips often whilst speaking and sticks his tongue out too. That does not give him the right to try to infiltrate and disrupt a marriage because of envy though. And I am going to insist on at least logging thsee incidents at our local police station even if OH thinks it's unnecessary. If and when the police speak to this man I think he will try and turn it round on my OH or himself though.
  • SuperPikachu
    Options
    Sorry but you are being so over dramatic that I now doubt the entire situation.

Either start a novel or sort your life out.
  • Bath_cube
    Bath_cube Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    Oops sorry I meant my post with try to turn it round on me also. My OH spoke to me a few minutes and I told him what our neighbour said. OH doesn't think the man is dangerous just jealous. I said I beg to differ and it has to end. OH said before the man revealed his feelings before Christmas he asked my OH if he could start coming to our house for his tea on his days off. OH was going to say yes! I'm know very concerned as we don't invite relatives for tea never mind strange men. I told OH if you need to tell me something do it now before I involve the police and we both get embarrassed.
  • seashore22
    seashore22 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Here we go again. i wondered how long it would be.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure