PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• minicooper272
    minicooper272 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi minicooper, I have had similar symptoms for about 4 days, so I sympathise with you. There is a stomach bug going around here at the moment. I found milk and milk products were making it worse. I seem to be back to normal today, so thankfully I think mine was just a bug.

Yeah, that's what I think, but it has been on and off for a few weeks now. I reckon it's just a bug I haven't shifted. I'll see if you're right about the dairy- I have a big tub of yoghurt to finish, then I'll cut it out (waste not want not and all!), I don't drink milk, but I will miss cheese!
  • financially_gaga
    Options
    Evening all

Good day today, hope for others as well :T

Food today:
    B coffee, peach on the run
    S apple
    L wrap, and salad
    S high bran cereal
    D cheese nd ham toastie
    S frozen yogurt

Exercise: 1 hours brisk walk to work and back, 30 mins cardio at the gm and i plan to do some bingo wing exercises once kddies are in bed :j
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Evening All
    I'm sorry i did not have a good day, lets just say busy day at work and left over Chinese in the fridge....have made my lunch for tomorrow, chicken salad......sorry.
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • EllaRose
    EllaRose Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Rose Wood. Sounds like a brilliant idea, ill have to try it out. What a good way to have cauliflower too, which can so often be boring. Ive made courgette pasta before, which was delicious and satisfying, but Ill try this too.

Today was quite good for me.

B: 2 slices wholemeal toast with butter. Glass cranberry juice.
    L: coronation chicken rice, salad, pitta bread. Apple. Wasabi peas.
    D: Bean curry with mixed frozen veg and cous cous.

Too many carbs though. I need to cut down.
    :)
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,569 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all, its raining here today which seems more normal for the school holidays :( Have got a busy day ahead

B - poached egg on toast
    L - out with DS, maybe chinese noodle bar
    D - gammon & salad

Exercise.

I managed a 40 min brisk walk last night but I dont think it will be enough to burn off that ice cream sundae ! Today I am going to chop up an old sofa that no one would take away for free (!) and the charity shop rejected (!!) so I can get it in my car and take to tip. Then DS (17yo) and I are going clothes shopping to get him some Tshirts etc for holidays, so I will probably lose loads of weight with the stress of it ;) Hes a nightmare clothes shopping but if I give him the cash he will probably come back with 1 expensive tshirt rather than several cheapo primarni ones. Need to also pick up a few food bits in MrA
    I would like to get another walk in later esp as I'm going to a friends house tonight for glass of wine (or 2... or 3 :p) Wonder if you can get low calorie wine ? I am not a big wine drinker - more of a lambrini girl :D
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • LittleMoog
    LittleMoog Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    morning all :)

woke up at 4.30 am and couldn't get back to sleep, boo! :( did mean that I got up at 7 (instead of 10 to 8 like I have been recently) so I had time to make porridge for breakfast, yum! Think I'll suffer for it later though, will try and do all my thinking at work this morning before the tiredness hits and save some boring paperwork for this afternoon! :o

Today:
    Breakfast: porridge made with 50/50 ss milk/water, dessert spoon of demarera sugar and sprinkling of raisins. fruit juice
    Lunch: chicken and cheese sandwich, babybel, apple, satsumas
    Snack: mr kipling cake bar, plums, kiwi (if ripe enough, rock hard yesterday!)
    Dinner: unplanned - will see how much time I have to cook after our landlord's been round.

Exercise: possibly swimming, depending on landlord visit. Think it will take a while as we found a crack in the bath on Sunday that's leaking onto the ceiling downstairs :eek:
    Little monkey born November 2012:j
    Froglet due March 2016 :D
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning everyone!
    i am still keeping an eye on this thread, but i have now started my own thread (feel free to pop over and say hi!) called 'On a mission to lose 1st. Anyone fancy joining me?'.
    I post on there mainly, but still read this one :)

So far i am doing OK. On my 1st week i didnt lose any weight at all ( :( ) but am determined to have lost something by this Friday!
  • DaisyDayDream
    Options
    Morning all

Fuddle, I agree with everyone else's comments, don't feel guilty, we've all been there.

Welshwoofer, wow, go girl with your exercise goals. I've been thinking about upping mine over the weekend and will try a version of the couch to 5k, with your positivity urging me on. Thought I'd do it instead of the fast dog walk and then shammy dog can still have his amble and sniffing later in the day. Not sure how I'll fit it in to my work days, but not back until friday night, so clear run till then.

Rosewood, your dinners continue to look amazing, hubbie is thinking about going lowcarb to lose some weight, he's looking into the d*k** plan. So I'm storing some of your recipe ideas just in case.

Didn't post yesterday as 12 hour shift ended up being 13 :eek:, so no exercise yesterday either. Food was, allbran and fruit, small portion of l/o sunday dinner and grapes, small jacket, beans and salad and 2 slices of toast with jam at suppertime.

Today:
    B: all bran and fruit
    L: pasta & sauce with salad
    D: beef strips in fahita type sauce with jacket potato and veg
    S: fruit, ? nature valley bar

Ex: my first couch to 5k run, 30-40 min dog walk later and housework catch up.

Hope everyone has a good day.

D
    Success is a journey, not a destination
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :)

B - spicy, fruity porridge made with water, a little sk milk added afterwards. Made a big pan last night so I have enough for 5 more days in the fridge, just hope it keeps!

D - Bottom of fridge omelette made with one large egg, drop of sk milk and black pepper, diced courgette, red pepper, mushroom, red onion, aubergine, tomato, grated sweet potato, celery. Grated apple in rf yogurt for pud

T - Ainsley's cup of Moroccan cous cous soup. 2 crackerbreads spread w/rf yogurt. 1xvegemite, 1xprawn.

S - Orange, pear, grapes

E - Bathroom and kitchen blitz, no gym aswaiting on plasterer - who has yet to arrive. Bleddy British workmen!

Bit damp outside today but might get something done out there if it brightens up. Have a sunny day :)
  • nat21luv
    nat21luv Posts: 3,434 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    As of this morning I have officially lost 1st :D:D:D

Last time I was this weight was after I came back from morocco in January. Here's to the next stone :D (and the next....and the next...and then the next 5!)
    £20k in 2023 = £2718 £2023 in 2023 = £196.41 Grocery challenge £250= £195.80 **MONEY MAKES ME HAPPY**
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure