Icesave account ... Account holder opinions/experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Options
I am considering opening an "Icesave" online savings account, and would love to hear account holder opinions/experiences please. Do you recommend this account, and this foreign bank? Many thanks in advance for your help. :money:

Comments

• cambsman
    cambsman Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    OK. application process was slower for me than i remember ING being (in 2003) or ICICI, but other than that everything ok (as was/is case with ING/ICICI), always able to log on, transfer funds, recieve interest etc.
  • MJMum
    MJMum Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options

Don't see the point anymore in offering advice to people who only want to be agreed with...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks - Have either of you ever had to speak to customer services; and if so, are they helpful; and are they english?! (I assume they are)..
  • raider
    raider Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Opened an account last November, welcome pack came within about 2 days. Transferred £10 from 2 linked accounts, money arrived bang on time. Asked a question by email in November, took about 10 days for a response (no surprise, as I knew they were really busy).

Needed a question answered about 2 weeks ago, called them and they answered within 3 rings, with the answer I was looking for. Emailed them the following day with a further non-urgent question and they responded within 24 hours.

Recently transferred a 6 figure sum into the account without any complications.

So far I'm very happy with their service and would recommend them to anyone.

Hope that helps!
  • oldagetraveller
    oldagetraveller Posts: 3,653 Forumite
    Options
    No problems whatsoever in opening and running the account. Customer Services are based in the UK, NE England possibly. I suspect that was the regional accent of the people I have spoken to. Initially it took a while for the call to be answered but it's possibly improved now.
    E-mails are answered usually without too much delay.
    Money transfers in my experience have been completed in 2 working days. Only paid in so far so can't comment about withdrawals.
    I would recommend.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No problems here. I think the account opening process was a bit slow initially, due to loads of people wanting to open accounts, but I had no problems, and the account works just fine.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    :T Thanks folks; I appreciate it. More opinions would be great...:D
  • david78
    david78 Posts: 1,654 Forumite
    Options
    I have had no problems. Set-up of the account was very quick. No ID documents to send. The only thing I have noticed is it takes a few minutes for the website to respond when taking money out. I have not needed to speak to them on the telephone yet.
  • chesky369
    chesky369 Posts: 2,590 Forumite
    Options
    I agree, my experience has been pretty positive thus far, but I've yet to pass money out of the account.
    But how many opinions do you need?
  • calisto
    calisto Posts: 152 Forumite
    Options
    raider wrote: »
    Recently transferred a 6 figure sum into the account without any complications.

I will soon be doing the same, and would like to pay my bank £20 to transfer using CHAPS in order not to lose so much interest. I notice Icesave want funds to go in via direct debit.

Did you do a CHAPS transfer, and was it any hassle? Or if direct debit, how many days interest did you lose?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport