"Looking forward to paying off all my debts and getting back to just being broke"

Options

Comments

• White-as-Snow
    Options
    Took some metal rubbish from the garden today to the scrap dealers - on the same estate as the recycle place so no further to go- and got £8 for my trouble. Won't be in my bank until Tuesday but better in my pocket than someone elses!

Thinking I should do some of my Christmas shopping in Argos whilst they've got their 3 for 2 on toys on. Will have to check when the offer finishes.

Filled my car at Tesco's and got over 6 pounds off my petrol! Thank you Mr T!

All seem to be small things but as long as it makes a difference!
    Total Debt:
    Dec 2015: £20,090.87
    Dec 2016: £16,320.85
  • White-as-Snow
    Options
    I know nothing to so with money saving but I just need a winge tonight. Will feel better about it tomorrow but for now need to just offload .Feeling annoyed and emotional today. Miffed with oh to be honest. He goes through periods of being depressed. He's been on antidepressants and therapy previously but nothing at the minute.

We've had 3 family functions this year (2 weddings and a christening) one of which was today. He's only come with me to 1 of them. Tells me less than 12 hours before that has not coming- because he just doesn't want to. What????

Annoyed me because I then have to give reasons why people ask where he is. I dunno. He goes to work but that's all he does apart from play computer games. He's being snappy. Uninterested in anything anyone has to say including me. I think he's gone into one of his down periods but still does make it easier to deal with and just need to wait for him to realise too.

Sometimes I find it hard to deal with and need to just let it out but then I feel bad because its not something i've been through and I don't really know what he's going through.
    Total Debt:
  • belleandthebudget
    Options
    I'm sure you already know this but just realise that it's not personal, WAS. Sometimes it can seem like someone's being ungrateful or selfish but when depressed even the thought of interacting with someone you love can seem like a huge effort. It's tough on both sides. Maybe talk to OH about going to discuss his options with someone again?
  • White-as-Snow
    Options
    Thank you Belle. I know its not personal and most days I can let it pass but sometimes -like last night- I just feel like I need to talk to someone about it and on here seems a great place to do it. His family aren't very supportive about mental health issues and mine don't really understand.
    Feeling better about it today and will have a talk with OH tonight about it see what he feels is going on and how we can deal with it.
    Total Debt:
  • White-as-Snow
    Options
    :( Car decided to break down on me today just as I was getting DS from nursery :eek:
    Had to call round everywhere to make new arrangements and let them know id be late etc. what a palaver. £80 it cost to fix and I actually had it in my budget to pay it so not feeling too bad about it. feeling quite smug that i haven't added any debt to be honest :D

Found 5p when I went to pick up my car. Not really much but it took my car bill to £79.95 ;)

Feeling very tired today so am going to have an early (ish) night and start afresh tomorrow :heart2:
    Total Debt:
  • White-as-Snow
    Options
    Is it just me or is there really not enough hours in the day? One of them where you wonder where they day has gone. So much to do and haven't even seemed to do half of it!

Work, parent duties, sorting stuff for my OU course next week, wife duties and household chores to do, and my mother comes round today and the first thing she says is "your house could do with a proper clean and your floor needs bleaching aswell". Arrrrg. And that was after I had scrubbed the kitchen and cleared the living room :( When I'd told her this she looked under the sofa and commented on how much Lego there was under there.
    However my house - my rules so I ignored it an changed the subject :rotfl:

Got a carrier bag of magazines off the MIL today so no need to buy any for a good while.

Paid DD's school dinner bill. She only has them about once a week as she still wants to see her dinner friends as well as her packed lunch friends :cool: she asked so .....only a bill for £6.15 so not too bad really.

Popped into Asda today to see if there were any offers and DD asked if she could spend her pocket money. I agreed and asked her what she wanted. So she bought ........ A loaf of bread!?? I asked her why and she replied so she and her brother could have a picnic tomorrow ! My little munchkin!

Shes growing up so quick. Takes her handbag with her everywhere now and wants to buy her own things. Such a little lady! x
    Total Debt:
  • IPopped into Asda today to see if there were any offers and DD asked if she could spend her pocket money. I agreed and asked her what she wanted. So she bought ........ A loaf of bread!?? I asked her why and she replied so she and her brother could have a picnic tomorrow ! My little munchkin!

Shes growing up so quick. Takes her handbag with her everywhere now and wants to buy her own things. Such a little lady! x

That's so cute! Kids are fabulous.

My daughter asked me to be quiet tonight when she went to sleep, as 'she was getting ready to have a nice dream about something' :)
    CC debt at 0%: £7540
    CC debt paid off: £297

• White-as-Snow
    Options
    Aww pudding. Its the little things they say when you don't expect it that make you smile the most. Really makes your heart glow for ages after just by remembering what they said.
    :smileyhea
    Total Debt:
  • White-as-Snow
    Options
    You know if there's one thing I've learnt along the moneysaving way is to keep receipts for everything. This year I've had things break from Argos and Tesco which were within the 12 month guarantee and previously I'd have no idea where/when I bought things so no idea if I could take them back! So I would then just buy new ones and thereby waste money. But now I do and I have to say I have had no problems with either shop getting things replaced.

Had to take 2 things back to Argos yesterday that I had for 2 weeks short of 12 months and they replaced one (even though it was currently priced £5 more than I paid) and refunded me the other.(stopped selling them)

Very happy (money saving) customer x
    Total Debt:
  • White-as-Snow
    Options
    Well I have no unbudgeted money left for this month according to YNAB but I paid what I did have over to my Tesco credit card. This is my current lowest debt and the one I will be tackling next. It was supposed to be card that I used for purchases and paid off straight away but somehow they balance kept creeping up. But I wont be letting that happen again.

Bought some Christmas presents over the week and didn't add them to the cards for a change. :A
    Total Debt:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills