oh my life...... Light Bulb moment.

Options

Comments

• MiMi66
    MiMi66 Posts: 198 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 6 February 2013 at 9:19PM
    Options
    Wow sistafromanothermista - you paid back £6K in less than a year - I am in awe!!

And I must look into ebaying - god knows what I would sell - do children's clothes sell I wonder - My son has a few immaculate jackets from Fatface that he's grown out of. I shall look.

Also a trampoline, mind you that has seen better days.....

Thanks for all the good tips!
    MiMi66 2023 and moving forward ☺️
    £38154 - DEBT FREE May 2021
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    Children's clothes go like hot cakes...massive demand

And who are you calling FatFace? Who told you??? Goddammit, if I find them I'll...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Jonesy88
    Jonesy88 Posts: 959 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    just popped in to say good luck! (i'll go back to lurking now...)
    :rudolf: DF by Xmas 2018: #83 £8,250/£15,000 55% :rudolf:
    SPC 7: #135 :staradmin | MFW 9.72% | Groceries: £6.49/£80 | Exercise 0/20 | NSDs 0/15
  • Nickyj
    Nickyj Posts: 231 Forumite
    Options
    I sell quite a lot of kids clothes on eBay and they do sell well. I also use my local 'buy and sell' sites on Facebook. Buyers collect from you so you don't have the hassle of queuing at the post office x
    Sealed pot member #1950 - £44.79
    Debt free since Dec 2012 :)
  • yan101_2
    yan101_2 Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    hi, regarding child benefit, you should still get it up to September this year. ring them to find out but we deal with this in my job and im 90% sure its paid up to September of the year the child turns 18
  • MiMi66
    Options
    Thanks yan101 - I looked into it yesterday and you are right, Sept - so some space to consider other cuts - so glad that it still remains at £80 per month for one child - I'll have to keep my son repressed and never let him grow up!

And Nickyj and Willing2Learn I shall have rummage today and see about tryingone or other sites to sell a few bits - I've wondered about the 50/50 shop in town as well. I live in a town, but in a very quiet rural area - not a mass of people to sell things to locally, but there must be someone.

I woke feeling quite panicked today - early. Tried to calm myself and focus on the small steps - The big picture is just too overwhelming and feels enormous. I am looking forward to my pay day when I can make the payments that I have worked out as doable. I think it works out at something like 1.7% of my debt - am an anorak in many ways - I think it will take around 7 years to pay off that's incluidng transfer fees and a little interest. But still in March it will be 6 years and 11 months. Not wishing time to pass by though - there is a danger in that I guess.

I am back to work tomorrow after being ill - flu, bronchitis and depression just hopped on board - I have to be grateful though - being brought to a halt has made me face up to things . My job is pretty stressful - up there as one of those ones that people say - I don't know how you do that.... but I am grateful for haivng a qualification that means I can work, and I am very grateful for my salary, particularly in todays awful economic climate - it would be a million times worse if I did not have an income. So I shall smile, try not to cough to much at everyone and get on with the job at hand to the best of my ability.
    One day at a time.
    Thanks again everyone for tips and guidance.
  • Nickyj
    Nickyj Posts: 231 Forumite
    Options
    You will get such a good feeling when you see your debt totals going down, I thought I would never see the day when they were all zero but it did happen and I'm proud of myself for doing it (not proud that I racked up the debt in the first place but have learnt from my mistakes) you are doing so well and have got the right frame of my mind to do this.
    Have a good day and will pop back later to see how you are getting on x
    Sealed pot member #1950 - £44.79
    Debt free since Dec 2012 :)
  • MiMi66
    Options
    :TWell - I have just got off the phone from Orange and arranged that they take over my landline - all together I have saved just over £10 per month by having broadband and anytime calls with them - I had been paying £25.50 to BT for the calls and £5.11 to Orange for Broadband. Now am all to Orange for Anytime calls and unlimted Broadband, plus 500 minutes to mobiles and 64 countries free calls (Australia for me), for £20 all in. Not a introductory rate so it won't go up, and I am pleased.

I know talktalk and a few others do cheaper rates, but I looked at the satisfaction surveys and they were not inspiring. Orange have been pretty good and it does save £10.61 a month:T Yay!!
    I thik BT might owe me some money back actually - they said on my last bill I was in credit by £26 - does that mean they owe me money or do I owe them money?? Hopefully they owe me - it can go in the pot!

Now its pouring out there but I might head to the bank to do that account change - I am still cross about the increase in account fees. If I beg off due to rain, I will definitely do it tomorrow.
  • sistafromanothermista
    Options
    Children's clothes go like hot cakes...massive demand

And who are you calling FatFace? Who told you??? Goddammit, if I find them I'll...

:rotfl:
    <sista runs in>
    It was me :p
    <sista runs out>

:rotfl:
    DEBT FREE AND PROUD:D
    'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt'
  • sistafromanothermista
    Options
    MiMi66 wrote: »
    Wow sistafromanothermista - you paid back £6K in less than a year - I am in awe!!

:o

It's been hard going i can tell you :)
    It's not just about saving money, it's about changing your mindset of spending it! That's the hardest bit.
    No nice clothes, no going out....nothing.....nada.
    I just CANNOT wait until it's all paid off so we can enjoy our lives again!
    The kids are getting older and i'd really like to spend some money treating them that at the moment is just not possible:(

You're in it for the long haul the same as me, if you ever need any support or just an ear to chew i'm here. Have a dodgy hug
    >:grouphug:
    DEBT FREE AND PROUD:D
    'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt'
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback