BT Rewards and Cashback

Options

Comments

• titanflux
    titanflux Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Mine arrived at the end of last week. It's a Mastercard Debit Prepaid Card. I have used it once for an online transaction and it was fine.
    I'm a pharmacist, not a psychic. :rotfl:
  • DrZoops
    DrZoops Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    <Sigh> Still no cashback cheque. This is beyond a joke. Just sent an enquiry via https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/6090. I wonder how many people just forget about their claims or give up...
  • WBAPanthers
    Options
    Sorry to hijack this thread!

Quick question, I have a BT Reward card for £200, how does it work if you want to buy something on the internet that is more, but put this £200 towards it?

Example: PS4 Pro is £350, I want to use the reward card to bring it down to £150 and then pay the difference on my debit card? Can this be done, and how does it work?
  • scarymonster
    Options
    Can anyone clarify which 3rd party will pay my £50 cashback?

From the MSE email of 12th April, I ordered non-fibre BT broadband -

'Don't need fibre? See full options incl BT standard speed for £298 over 12 months + £100 Mastercard and £50 cashback.'

Having had problems claiming my reward card via the BT website, I finally did so by webchat with BT last night. When I asked about the cashback, they simply said it would come from the relevant third party. But as the weblink I followed from the MSE email is no longer live (or archived) I have no idea who is the third party. Any clues?

Thanks.
  • ed1su
    ed1su Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

I claimed my card on 8th June, yesterday I received an email stating that I would receive my card in next 10 days. It arrived today and I have activated it now.

I can pay £150 toward BT bill. So the payment can be taken from the credit?

Thank you
  • mouse10
    mouse10 Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am still waiting for my cash back, despite chasing it 3 times and going through the same routine of 'when did you order', 'what website' blah blah.
    Has anyone had the cashback?
  • DrZoops
    Options
    I finally received my Cashback cheque today after four months of waiting and at least three emails to BT Customer Services (in addition to the ones that were required to obtain the Reward card)!
    I had contemplated switching my mobile phone over to BT as there was a package on offer that looked competitive once cashback is factored in, but I'm not sure I have the patience to jump through so many hoops again. I find it hard to believe the apparent incompetence is not a deliberate strategy to ensure that a proportion of customers never receive the incentives they were promised.
  • At the end of August I signed up with BT for this deal: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips/23-08-2017/#bband It promises a £150 BT Reward Card.

After claiming the reward, I was sent a notification email that said a £125 reward card would be on its way.

I used the contact form in the rewards section of the BT website to ask why/how come the £150 was reduced to £125. I got this reply:

"We have checked your BT Reward card claim and can confirm that you’re eligible to receive one.
    I have therefore arranged for a £125 Prepaid Master card to be sent to your installation address
    to arrive within the next 30-45 working days."

This clearly does not address my query. I shall be following this up.
  • steveE2
    steveE2 Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    @DiscountofMonteCristo
    Have replied on your own thread
  • Thanks Steve.

With regard to my post above, I have started my own thread: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5714013
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure