:spam: I presume
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    :spam: I presume

Yes that be my guess

Aas for the topic about Trsupilot, you should take whats posted with a pinch of salt, less than a pinch actually.
  • PhylPho
    PhylPho Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Definitely, less than a pinch. TrustPilot makes its money -- and quite a bit of it -- from companies and businesses who choose to register with it. Well, howz about that? A 'consumer website' . . . that oh-so obviously isn't. There are numerous review sites out there without any consumer helpfully boosting the traffic numbers of a website that's run by big business, for big business. Trust Trustpilot? Yeah. Right.
  • Bigtwin
    Bigtwin Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Trust Pilot is nothing more than a sham for unscrupulous companies to hide behind. You post an honest review, the company objects on some specious grounds (usually claiming you are not a customer but a spammer, despite your having provided the necessary proof etc). TP takes down your review immediately, then ignores all communication. Hey presto. TP is in my view a very very dangerous and misleading site.
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    Also with Trustpilot anyone can go on their site and place a review of any company they like, even it is false and you have a job to get trustpilot to remove it.

And if you ask them to remove your company details from their website they refuse point blank.

I think if you want to add a review about a company it should not be published until you can prove that you are or were a customer of the company you are reviewing
  • takethemon
    takethemon Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I posted reviews on three scam companies on Trustpilot, linking each to their parent company.
    They have currently been removed, as each company has reported my post, not on the grounds of any inaccuracy in the post, but that I wasn't a legitimate customer.
    As I have not made a purchase I cannot expect Trustpilot to reinstate my posts.
    Each company named have continual 1 star ratings from reviewers and Trustpilot are happy to publish them, though feel unable to show just what a big scam that is being committed by refusing to show the links of the three companies concerned.
    These companies do not just operate under a uk website, they go far and wide through Europe and as far as Australia.
    I have posted about them on MSE Scam sites Venturedirect.co.uk Onedigitals.co.uk Mobicity.co.uk
  • takethemon
    Options
    Thanks for your constructive contribution.
  • Qwiksilver
    Qwiksilver Posts: 83 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 22 August 2017 at 4:48PM
    Options
    Trust Pilot would be the very last place I would go to check the reputation of anyone.
    I had a very difficult time getting my negative review of a company published and found myself monitoring the subsequent reviews which were placed after mine. Without fail, every negative review (including those from confirmed purchasers) was removed within 24 hrs and replaced by a number of positive reviews (usually placed in the middle of the night by first time reviewers).
    As someone else has already said, they are a dangerous company and in my opinion are complicit in prolonging scammers and scoundrels actions.
  • happyandcontented
    Options
    Strangely, I have just had a negative review published on TP with no problem. The company responded and the issue was quickly resolved. I was very satisfied with my experience.
  • Chickabiddybex
    Options
    Personally I use sites like Trustpiot not to determine the exact ratio of good to bad experiences but to just make sure it's a real company that I'm buying from in case I haven't heard of it. People don't always leave reviews so it's very hard to tell just from a review site how good or bad a company's service is. But you can get a really good clue as to whether or not it's a genuine business if they have years and years worth of reviews.
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure