Sky Loophole!! TV, broadband and phone for £6/mth

Options

Comments

• xfilesvideo
    Options
    not sure about these cashback sites, I used one to buy my holiday last summer and the funds are still pending in my account. :rolleyes: anyone thats had any luck with this offer may be a good idea to post on this thread? For free Sky discount vouchers i recommend signing up to the free email on skyvoucher.co.uk which has half-price installation codes and free Sky broabdand wireless routers.
    :beer:
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ultrak3wl wrote: »
    Tickles me to read this thread... longstanding people with history of hundreds or thousands of posts think Sky are rubbish but there are several contributions with "post count 3" or similar praising Sky to the skies "best most wonderful company ever." Just sayin'.
    What are you saying then??
    So, just because some people have thousands of posts they must be the ones to trust? Come on, get real. That's like me saying that the ones with thousands of posts need to get a life, and are constant moaners, and the ones with just a few are the ones that only post when they have something of worth to say. But of course, we all know that is a wrong assumption as well.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • n3phi1im
    n3phi1im Posts: 219 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Zetec_Andy wrote: »
    Ive been with Sky 20 years and they still want to charge me £250 for a replacement sky+ box, i had to threaten to cancel to get one free.

They still want to charge me full price for a Sky HD box.

You'll only get a bargain if you really are willing to cancel. Call em up ask to speak to the cancellations team. Tell 'em you want to cancel, see what they offer you, ask for what you want (as a benchmark, I got a Sky+ box installed - which included a new 4 way LNB on the dish - for £49.99). If they won't even try to meet in the middle just hang up - don't say good bye or anything just hang up. Now call em back, apologise for being cut off and say that you were about to cancel but you were offered this great deal to stay...
    If it doesn't work, hang up and try again. You might find after a few attempts that what you are asking for is beyond what they are allowed to give, but you could always cancel and have your wife/husband join a month later as a new customer.

For more tips on beating Sky see here at AVForums.
    :T
  • n3phi1im
    Options
    mesaka wrote: »
    I live in a remote place where the sky broadband offer is not available. Instead they want to charge an extra STG10 per month. Is it still worth while?

Broadband comes in 2 flavours these days.
    Unbundled is where the provider actually owns the cabling, this is where your really cheap offers are to be found.
    Resold (standard) is when a provider actually buys bandwidth from BT and sells it on to you at a markup.

The Sky Broadband-Connect product is a resold service, and you can get this sort of product cheaper elsewhere.
  • SAVEMEAFORTUNE
    Options
    I always use Rpoints - very reliable. And was tempted to do so here even for the £100 cashback rather than £150. BUT it does seem as though it's not the cashback site you go through but SKY's responsibility to pay up so opted for Topcashback (just signed up).

But before i "click through" for a package, does anyone know if any of these codes (half price or free installation etc.) can be used together with a cashback site link?

Also am I most likely to be able to haggle at all (wangle free Sky+ box by saying I can upgrade to a more expensive package but cant afford the +box) if I pick a cheap package first? I'd like sky+ (currently have what i call "freeview plus" and it's great)...
  • n3phi1im
    Options
    t4v wrote: »
    I have been with $ky long before they went digital and I would love to go HD but they refuse to give any loyalty bonus. The one they had last year was a joke as better deals were still being offered to "new subscribers". At the moment I have the movie channels which I barely watch, so I'm thinking of dumping them but would keep them if I went HD but went I tried to use that as a haggling device I got nowhere. Are there any tips anyone can give to haggle with them. I got though to India and I was wondering if I got though to Scotland I may do better, is there a time of day when my chances of getting though there is more likely?

Broadcast HD is only 720 not 1080 (unlike HDDVD [RIP :cry:] and Blu-Ray). You can get the same quality by buying an Upscaling DVD player (around £50) and subscribing to a monthly DVD rental like Lovefilm.

If you are into sports though Sky HD is the way to go.
  • cjyoung
    cjyoung Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I suspect the fact that this offer is around at the moment may be influenced by the imminent launch of Freesat from the BBC & ITV (www.freesat.co.uk). Admittedly the channel line up won't be so wide, but still likely to impact Sky.

Once people buy kit for that, they will probably be much less likely to throw it away and subscribe to Sky. I may be tempted with a Freesat HD PVR to supercede my DTT PVR if the price is right.

Just my 2p worth.

Chris
  • philscott100
    Options
    Has anyone cancelled Sky and then reapplied using wife/husband/partners name to get a new account through the cash back option where the address and joint bank account are the same?
  • SAVEMEAFORTUNE
    Options
    Was looking forward to having sky sports and sky movies again having moved away from the parents. But for FREE i'll give freesat a go first. When everyone stops signing up to SKY I'm sure they'll top this offer so there's no need to RUSH in.
  • carl3418
    carl3418 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    NEW SKY CUSTOMER ,had the basic 1 mix and the £5 brdband,i did have the sky plus tho,quidco tracked next day £130 so in effect sky plus works out free!! just need to upgade the mix now so im not watching crap all the time !my monthly sky bill works out at £21 so not bad for broadband calls and tv
    :j looking after the housekeeper sir !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport