• pollylyn
    Options
    Have pm'd you too
  • beanhead
    Options
    ellieo wrote: »
    im stuck with hampers recieved on the 27th december
    suppose im lucky to have got anything

Please fill out the form anyway as one of the questions relates to whether the goods were as expected and another whether they were received in time.

If you contact Christine Deakin or Phillip Etherington (who the letter says to contact) at the council on: 01603 222595 then they can probably send you a form and prepaid envelope if needed.

Sorry if already mentioned, but doing this on iPhone in a hurry so can't check, but the address forms need to go to is:
    Trading Standards,
    Norfolk County Hall,
    Martineau Lane,
    Norwich,
    Norfolk,
    NR1 2UD

Good luck everyone! - Let's nail him!
    :beer:
  • bluepatchworkcat
    Options
    I received this form this morning too. Looks like they're sending it to everyone who contacted Trading Standards. I don't expect for a minute it might mean we are refunded our monies, but its worth doing to help bring this **** to book.
  • room512
    room512 Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just had the letter too!
  • bluepatchworkcat
    Options
    Have just printed off all my emails to Neil(l) ready to forward to Trading Standards with the questionnaire. There's quite a lot, plus the (very rare) replies too, which I hope will be damning.
  • beanhead
    beanhead Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    I have just spoken to Phillip Etherington at Norfolk Trading Standards and he advised that they are aware of all the Norfolk Hampers thread on here but they would like more details of everyone affected via the questionnaire - Anglemum80 has kindly pdf'd, you can email her for a copy (or see my previous post to be sent one) - to build up enough evidence for a formal interview and hopefully bring about a prosecution. This may result in some people receiving their money back but tbh I expect Alvey will just say he's bankrupt.

Please complete a form even if you managed to get your money back via Paypal or another means - there is a question on that, and it's about finding out how many people he let down and/or misled.

FYI Trading Standards were fully aware of how events unfolded ie it was a long running "offer", not a sudden deluge of orders, lies about refund cheques, substandard goods etc. in short, they really have got his number but need lots of evidence now.
  • Alwaysskint22
    Options
    I got a letter today thru the post. Will definitely be filling it in and returning ASAP. Looks like things are catching up with mr Alvey at last :):)
  • candy222
    candy222 Posts: 406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow this has made my day.As some of you might know from previous posts i did not buy any hampers but i have been very out spoken regarding this company,please anyone who has had issues with this company be it large or small, fill in the form and make Neil have to answer to hes actions. Remenber this is not a man that has had some bad luck as he has tried to make everyone believe,he has done this before,dont let him get away with it.This is your turn now to fight back.WELL DONE TO OP FOR THE UPDATE.
  • cathy36
    cathy36 Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I was the first to contac Norfolk County Council way back at the beginning of December and was told they had received no other complaints at that time. They gave me verbal advice on what to do, which I posted on this site, and said they had logged my complaint. I was thrilled when I received a letter from NCC earlier in the week together with a questionnaire saying that they are carrying out a criminal investigation. I have printed off all my evidence and returning the form ASAP.
    ***The only email I accidently deleted was the one The Norfolk Hamper sent out in Dec/Jan before he said they had ceased trading saying he apologised and would still get the xmas hampers sent out and was trying to get people to STILL sign up for the 1 a month offer over 12 months. If anyone still kept theirs please can you send me a pm message *****
  • rufydoofyM
    rufydoofyM Posts: 545 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I too have been following this thread with interest. I have always been wary of Christmas and hamper schemes but had the money been available at the time I too may have been a victim.
    I'm sure some people have already become too stressed by all this to carry on fighting but please gather the evidence and send it on and make this man pay in someway and prevent him from doing it again as I have no doubt that he will try.
    Good luck everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport