Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour.

Options

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    marshallka wrote: »
    Di, don't want to bank your hopes here but I think you may have them TBH. It sounds like they are now going to look into it for you. I just hope all the digging has paid off for you. I really do!!! And it will not harm with all the Click info on here just to make "Others" aware of these companies if you know what I mean.

You are just going to have to wait now and see what comes of it. I realise that you have been round the roundabout a few times with this but hopefully it will come a nice ending.

Good luck

Thanks again Marshallka.

I will keep an open mind on this, I have a feeling they will come back with yet another reject of some sort, but still see what happens, and I will let you know, you have been a star through out.:T A Big thanks x

That's right others need to be made aware of these companies like Click, so its good to post it up. Cheers.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    Options
    Its almost as if they want to send everyone bananas going round in circles not knowing who they ever dealt with and all at ONE address and all the same directors as the others too. I wonder what they have been up to all this time.... I bet they will be allowed to start again and again too. Just a pity that no-one ever does anything from the authorities to stop this kind of thing. Then again, its all a big circle of friends me thinks!!

You can say that again! My sister said the same as you, and said they will more than likely just start up again and again, so far they have got away with it and until or if rules will ever change they will continue to do so.
    Yeah LOL I reckons they are a big circle of friends and look after each other.
  • di3004
    Options
    My email from the Adjudicator......

Dear Mr & Mrs

I can confirm that I received and reviewed your papers this afternoon. There is nothing further I require from you unless you feel the need to send more documents in.

I further note your desire for this case to referred to an ombudsman. Once I receive a response from HFC I will be writing to you.

Yours sincerely
    M
    Adjudicator | Financial Ombudsman Service
    South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR T:
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    My email from the Adjudicator......

Dear Mr & Mrs
    I can confirm that I received and reviewed your papers this afternoon. There is nothing further I require from you unless you feel the need to send more documents in.
    I further note your desire for this case to referred to an ombudsman. Once I receive a response from HFC I will be writing to you.
    Yours sincerely
    M
    Adjudicator | Financial Ombudsman Service
    South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR T:
    Hmmm, don't know how to take that now Di?

Fingers crossed that HFC own up to it. Personally I would think that just having the application without PPI would be enough for the adjudicator to ring alarm bells in that "someone" else sold the PPI. Its so unfair when you have been told to provide PROOF that Click did not sell it. I would say that Click would actually agree to "saying" they sold it to you just because they know that you have no recourse. FOS needs to get to the bottom of this type of thing. Its almost criminal TBH, in fact I would call it criminal.
  • di3004
    Options
    Hmmm, don't know how to take that now Di?

Fingers crossed that HFC own up to it. Personally I would think that just having the application without PPI would be enough for the adjudicator to ring alarm bells in that "someone" else sold the PPI. Its so unfair when you have been told to provide PROOF that Click did not sell it. I would say that Click would actually agree to "saying" they sold it to you just because they know that you have no recourse. FOS needs to get to the bottom of this type of thing. Its almost criminal TBH, in fact I would call it criminal.

Cheers Marshallka

I emailed the adjudicator yesterday to ask him to confirm acknowledgement of receiving our paperwork, and to ask is there anything else that he can think of that we should send to him if its not sufficient what we have sent.
    So his response was in regards of my email.

So even though he has confirmed he received and reviewed our paperwork and does not require anything further, but if we feel the need to send further info we wanht to do so.

When he states he does not require for us to send in anything further I was hoping that was a meaning that there is no need because we have supplied the info they exactly need.

He is aware that we want this reviewed by the ombudsman as stated to him on an earlier email.

See what HFC has to say, but I have my doubts TBH.

Your so right though Marshallka, it is criminal.
  • di3004
    Options
    I thought HFC/Endeavour were not writing directly to me, the Adjudicator said all responses will be going back to him, yet we received a letter dated 24 June (so they typed this out yesterday - Friday) and it arrived in the post this morning, think they are trying to make a point.
    All the time they said HFC had no involvement they are now stating HFC may have been involved, but still covering their ground.
    So due to this I am expecting the letter from the Adjudicator about this as well, still in regards of the Click Application form and the Agreement have not been brought up as yet with them, this have only been a recent thing with the FOS, so that is yet to come.

Anyway, letter here received in today's post.........

Dear Mr & Mrs

Account number: ***********

We write to you further to your letter dated 14 June 2011.

You requested in your letter details of HFC's involvement with Endeavour Personal Finance.
    As you will see on the bottom of your Credit Agreement it states registered number and registered address, then advises a member of the Household International Group of Companies.

As part of the Household International Group of Companies the policy was to speak to customers to ensure information passed on by Brokers were correct. For this reason you could have been contacted by a member of staff from HFC Bank Limited.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Services Department on 0845 602 8230. Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm who will be pleased to help.

Yours sincerely

Department Manager
    Secured Lending Centre.
  • marshallka
    Options
    I thought HFC/Endeavour were not writing directly to me, the Adjudicator said all responses will be going back to him, yet we received a letter dated 24 June (so they typed this out yesterday - Friday) and it arrived in the post this morning, think they are trying to make a point.
    All the time they said HFC had no involvement they are now stating HFC may have been involved, but still covering their ground.
    So due to this I am expecting the letter from the Adjudicator about this as well, still in regards of the Click Application form and the Agreement have not been brought up as yet with them, this have only been a recent thing with the FOS, so that is yet to come.

Anyway, letter here received in today's post.........

Dear Mr & Mrs

Account number: ***********

We write to you further to your letter dated 14 June 2011.

You requested in your letter details of HFC's involvement with Endeavour Personal Finance.
    As you will see on the bottom of your Credit Agreement it states registered number and registered address, then advises a member of the Household International Group of Companies.

As part of the Household International Group of Companies the policy was to speak to customers to ensure information passed on by Brokers were correct. For this reason you could have been contacted by a member of staff from HFC Bank Limited.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Services Department on 0845 602 8230. Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm who will be pleased to help.

Yours sincerely

Department Manager
    Secured Lending Centre.
    Thought this would be their reply TBH Di. You and I (and loads of others on here) know that Brokers that are going bump are admitting to selling policies when they know that consumers have no comeback and seem to have covered all areas. How can they say that information passed on by brokers...... the application was with NO PPI???

I would imagine that now the adjudicator will agree that Click sold the policy and Click will no doubt agree that they sold the policy regardless of who actually did because it gets all concerned off the hook. They all would have profited from this sale TBH and that is the problem. They all stick together in it. In fact its set up that way it would seem and FOS will not go into thorough investigations to prove otherwise. Its such a shame they were allowed to do this.
  • di3004
    Options
    Thought this would be their reply TBH Di. You and I (and loads of others on here) know that Brokers that are going bump are admitting to selling policies when they know that consumers have no comeback and seem to have covered all areas. How can they say that information passed on by brokers...... the application was with NO PPI???

I would imagine that now the adjudicator will agree that Click sold the policy and Click will no doubt agree that they sold the policy regardless of who actually did because it gets all concerned off the hook. They all would have profited from this sale TBH and that is the problem. They all stick together in it. In fact its set up that way it would seem and FOS will not go into thorough investigations to prove otherwise. Its such a shame they were allowed to do this.

Thanks Marshallka

Exactly my thoughts as well.

And for them to say to check the information passed on by Brokers were correct as well!

We have not yet questioned them on the application form not being ticked by Click, and will ask the adjudicator if they will be asking about this, it won't make any difference though I don't think, like you said they all stick together on this.
  • ianhillwoodville
    Options
    A fascinating thread. Nothing I can add except a good luck. I am watching all I can about underwriters/intermediaries and so on as I have just moved my complaint from GE to Pinnacle as underwriters. Not sure I understand all the nuances of the relationships covered here but do wish you well.
  • marshallka
    Options
    Thanks Marshallka

Exactly my thoughts as well.

And for them to say to check the information passed on by Brokers were correct as well!

We have not yet questioned them on the application form not being ticked by Click, and will ask the adjudicator if they will be asking about this, it won't make any difference though I don't think, like you said they all stick together on this.
    Just reply to the adjudicator that Click did not sell the policy and you do have proof as the application was without PPI so how can HFC that they were passed details from Click. In fact I would send HFC a copy of your application to see that you did not want PPI from CLick. See what they say then. They have offered for you to supply more info and its not a final response as such.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure