NST November: battening down the hatches!

Options

Comments

• PheoniX
    PheoniX Posts: 247 Forumite
    Options
    Not read the challenge yet but please sign me up! :D
    :D Ninja Saving Turtle :D
    SFD 1 Food 0 Fuel 0 Fun 0 Misc 0
  • allie23
    allie23 Posts: 1,858 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Please sign me up SOA. Thanks for running the thread this mopnth.
    Save 12k in 2024 Challenge
    Frugal living Challenge 2024
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 31 October 2014 at 3:19PM
    Options
    Happy Halloween

I'm planning the following budgets/numbers

food £180 (2 adults, 1 3yo, 1 baby, 1 cat)
    HH £80

SFD 20

exercise difficult working FT and with two kids, struggling to fit everything else in but I'll try at least a run a week, plus carrying a sleeping DS (3.5yo) from the bus most nights might count too

personal challenge(s) be more chilled and grateful for the things I have, try to clean/tidy one thing a day that does is not part of the daily routine (dishes, washing etc)

Got paid today, and put £52.92 towards the CC, and various amounts (total £524) towards savings incl emergency/christmas/MOT and £420 towards the wedding debt.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi All...

I'm gonna be giving November's a miss I'm afraid - just because I'm moving house, and have lots of additional expenses - furniture, setting up all my bills, removal costs etc... I think I'm just going to have to live on whatever is left... Hopefully come December everything will be up and running and I'll have a better idea of what my new budget is going to look like...

Good luck everyone though - I'll pop in and do some cheerleading!!! :D
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well my budgets will be
    Food 50.00 (low but really overspent last month.)
    Fuel 30.05/50.00 Already dipped into this one.
    Animals 25.00 need dog food this month
    Going out 50.00 - 2 concerts need to pay for 1 ticket.
    Misc - 30.00

There will be no straying from these figures.

Exercise - will try to double distance of my daily dog walks.

Personal challenge, - stop stressing, enjoy all the brilliant scenery around here, go out walking in different places. Loose 7lbs in weight !!!
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • bobs_burgers
    Options
    Hi everyone,

After lurking for October on the boards, I've decided to sign up and I'd love to join in :)

As I've just done all my budget for the month.....

Food - £140 (ideally I'd like to only spend £40 but my freezer died last month so my stocks are pretty low)
    Fuel - £50
    Going out - £50

2 outings - I have a tickets for concerts already bought, but I'll need to pay for parking etc

15 NSD's

Exercise - I have a fitbit and I don't think I've ever hit the daily target, so I'm going to try and hit the daily target at least 20 times the month.

Personal - Apply for at least 3 jobs a week (I really, really, really hate my current job but I don't do enough to try and escape it) :)
    Make £10 a day November £27.57/£300

Nov Batten Down the Hatches #16 Food £50/£140, Fuel £40/£50, NSD 1/15, Lunches 5/19, Exercise 1/20, Personal 4/12

Bubblews = &bobs_burgers
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh forgot

outings lunch next weekend with one of DS old nursery buddies and his mum (cheap place, burger), tomorrow we have a halloween party in a park, tickets purchased ages ago, will bring some food I think and maybe buy DS a wee treat there.

Dying for a girls' night out but will see, OH sees his mates every week in the pub, my last visit was my hen do in August
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • traveller
    traveller Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, my budgets:

Food: £300.00-this is for myself and 4 children aged 21,17,15 and 6. It also includes food for work.

NSD's I'm aiming for 25-It's a bad month for me, I cannot add to my spending card next month :o

2 Outings- A trip with my daughter to Manchester Uni. The cost of that may make it my only trip :eek:

Exercise - will aim to do it daily :eek:

Personal development-To be more chilled out and a more go with the flow person :) Another one that needs to appreciate who and what are around me more and make the most of life as it is rather than what it was or could be :) Sadly, it's not as easy as it sounds and not to get so stressed with work! Maybe one day my personal challenge can be skydiving or something :rotfl:

Thrifty, carrying a 3 year old is definitely exercise :) I had to carry my now 6 year old from the train station and bus stop from when he was 8 months old to just under 4 years and I had very toned arms :D It can be very stressful returning to work and juggling young ones, so do look after yourself - it's very easy not to without even realising, as your so busy looking after everything and everyone else :)
    :A Your Always in my heart, you never ever will be forgotten-9/9/14:heart2:
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 October 2014 at 9:31PM
    Options
    Evening all,

Plan for November is:-

Food - £230 for 2 adults, 5 dogs, 1 cat

Petrol - £100

Misc - £200 (this includes £100 for my holiday last week, although I only spent £40)

Outings - 1 meal with family to repay them for a huge favour, 1 lunch with friend, 1 dinner with friends (only happens every 6 months), 1 work do (if it is planned for nov but might be dec)

Exercise - gym twice a week

Personal challenge - lose 8lbs, I lost 21lbs earlier this year but some has crept back on, it all needs to go by Christmas

See you all tomorrow

Edit:- I'm planning on having 18 SFDs :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Good luck with the house move, abundant - hope it all goes smoothly for you.

My food budget is £210, travel is £200 (will be going down to Cornwall again for uncle's thanksgiving service).

I had to laugh about the outings, as the current Nov plan includes a visit to the nurse, visits to optician, a school trip with dd, my own school's prizegiving evening, Cornwall and dd's school fair where I have a stall. Not a single one is purely for fun!! But a friend has split from her partner very recently, so I shall save my outings for meeting up with her, I think.

Exercise is almost planned: Primal meets ZuzkaLight in my living room :j

I'm aiming for 18 NSDs as I need to feel more in control. I shall return to my daily (or nearly) gratitude lists. I shall put £1 in a pot for every day where I do 10k steps, eat 10 veggies, do a workout, eat no added sugar, have an NSD or use the bike (to pay for dd's party). I shall use the September mantra of 'appreciate what you have' as I found it really helpful.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure