Say no to Sky's 0844 numbers campaign

Options

Comments

• Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    No an 0844 number costs 5p per minute at all times seven days per week.

Indeed, and worse, it costs significantly more from a Mobile Phone.
  • OldGreyFox
    OldGreyFox Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    edited 24 November 2009 at 3:11AM
    Options
    If your calling from a Virgin Media LandlLine it will cost even more then 5p a minute,to call their 0844 number.

Also Sky need to update their contact info as they say here http://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/skyhelpcentre/contactus
    that Calling Sky 0844 numbers is free for Sky Talk customers.

Where its not inclusive to call at peak times if you only have an E&W call bundle.
  • dougz_2
    dougz_2 Posts: 523 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't any 0870 numbers work either?
  • Inactive
    Options
    dougz wrote: »
    Don't any 0870 numbers work either?

No, Sky have got rid of them all, now that many of us can now ring them within our call packages.
  • W.W.J.D
    W.W.J.D Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    After more emails Sky have know confirmed their mistake and charges are 5p a min at all times!
    A fool think he needs no advice, but a wise man listens to others
  • Inactive
    Options
    W.W.J.D wrote: »
    After more emails Sky have know confirmed their mistake and charges are 5p a min at all times!

But as I have said before, significantly more from a mobile phone and possibly non - BT Land Lines.
  • John_3:16
    Options
    The best way to deal with sky now is by email. The average call seems to be well over 30mins so thats £1.50 a call unless someone knows the best time to ring?
    The measure of love is love without measure
  • MRSCARNEY
    Options
    I got through yesterday on 0800 046 8857, got the number off say no to 0870

Took me 15 minutes to speak to a person who then didn't help but at least it didn't cost me anything !
  • Ya1e
    Ya1e Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    John_3:16 wrote: »
    The best way to deal with sky now is by email. The average call seems to be well over 30mins so thats £1.50 a call unless someone knows the best time to ring?

But the operator is hardly earning their keep, bringing in £3 an hour for Sky. I would htink it's the extra they get by leaving you on hold that earns them extra revenue.
  • theloft
    theloft Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    edited 30 December 2009 at 1:53PM
    Options
    I totally agree with Non Geographical Man !! Publishing a CEO or director's email address is NOT infringing on their personal lives. Anyway the emails would be dealt with by one of their minions. But companies like SKY who are making huge profits, and then make it so expensive for ordinary customers to call them, really need to be taken to task. In the USA they would have to have a freephone number for customers as do all major companies. OFTEL regulated the use of 0870 numbers due to all the complaints and now we have 0844 numbers, for which there is no alternative and companies like 18185 or 1899 do not give these numbers as part of their call systems. I have this morning spent 20 odd minutes on the phone to SKY, so it has cost me over £1, whereas I can phone my friends in the USA for 1/2 p per minute plus 5p connection charge. I cannot understand why Martin MSE has not started a petition to get something done about these exorbitant charges by unscrupulous companies.
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport