Renovations and Repayments.

Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a lovely holiday Alex :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 19 May 2016 at 9:08PM
    Options
    Hope you have a nice time on your holiday! :) Well done on the decluttering, we desperately need to do that as well.

Thank you. :) More decluttering done today, I'm quite happy with the results and should have quite a few things to sell when we get back.
    maman wrote: »
    I didn't realise Speedos were so expensive!:eek::D
    Hope you all have a really great holiday when it comes.:A

:rotfl:

Thanks, maman. :)
    newgirly wrote: »
    Have a lovely holiday Alex :)

Thank you. :)

I'm really looking forward to going away. This is our first family holiday together in 3 years, already seems very different with our son being much older and with a dog. We're going to the Eden project and eating at their restaurant (no doubt someone's going to tell me it's not very nice now). No, not gone all eco-freakery, will be arriving in a 4.2 Jag. ;) Got a deal on a free bottle of wine, so have kept MSE in mind. ;) Also chartering a boat for a day to go deep sea fishing. I'll admit it's bit extravagant but I'm really looking forward to that and it's a surprise for my son. The cottage we're staying in looks lovely, just hope it lives up to expectations. Nothing else booked but quite a bit more planned - can use the iPad to find things / book them and perhaps post on here what a good time we're having. ;);)

To be honest, I won't be keeping my spreadsheet during the time we're away and I've no doubt the spending won't be very controlled as I've no desire to be frugal on holiday. :eek::j

Wife is working away tonight and won't be back until almost 10pm tomorrow night (we're leaving for Cornwall on Saturday), can't say I'm too pleased about that and neither is she.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been to the area many times. Check out Flambards, Gweek Seal Sanctuary, Poldark mine and Wheal Martyn online. All are great for children. Don't be put off the 'theme park ' side of Flambards, there's some great historical stuff there too. And a few rides wouldn't go amiss either.;)
    Oh and if it's not too far, Morwellham is excellent.
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds great Alex, my lot used to love fishing in Devon on holiday and cooking it for dinner, enjoy :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I've been to the area many times. Check out Flambards, Gweek Seal Sanctuary, Poldark mine and Wheal Martyn online. All are great for children. Don't be put off the 'theme park ' side of Flambards, there's some great historical stuff there too. And a few rides wouldn't go amiss either.;)
    Oh and if it's not too far, Morwellham is excellent.

Thank you, maman. :)

Looking those up on the 'net now. I already know my son would like to see the seals. :) Poldark, Wheal Martyn and Morwellham all look good.

Flambards looks like it would be busy? Son would love to see the dinosaurs (event over half term) but I don't know whether I want to deal with the potential crowds such a place inevitably attracts, to be honest.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    Sounds great Alex, my lot used to love fishing in Devon on holiday and cooking it for dinner, enjoy :D

Sounds like fun. :)

I'm looking forward to going to some nice seafood restaurants. Living in Derbyshire, there's none. :(

Any recommendations for decent oysters / lobster, maman?
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • maman
    Options
    AlexLK wrote: »
    Thank you, maman. :)

Looking those up on the 'net now. I already know my son would like to see the seals. :) Poldark, Wheal Martyn and Morwellham all look good.

Flambards looks like it would be busy? Son would love to see the dinosaurs (event over half term) but I don't know whether I want to deal with the potential crowds such a place inevitably attracts, to be honest.

Don't think it is half term in Cornwall next week. There could be children on school visits but that would be all. Sorry but I haven't a recommendation for seafood restaurants as I've always had hordes of children with me so not had the opportunity.

BUT when you take a family holiday to France to visit the Normandy beaches and the Bayeux Tapestry, there are some super restaurants in Honfleur.:)
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Don't think it is half term in Cornwall next week. There could be children on school visits but that would be all. Sorry but I haven't a recommendation for seafood restaurants as I've always had hordes of children with me so not had the opportunity.

BUT when you take a family holiday to France to visit the Normandy beaches and the Bayeux Tapestry, there are some super restaurants in Honfleur.:)

The dinosaur event is only over half term which is week commencing 28th May. :( Half term in Derbyshire isn't until then. I thought this was a 2 week holiday but it's only one, so son is having a week off school as well as the half term. Entirely my fault, shocking parenting. :o;)

We'll certainly take a family holiday to France at some point, though I make no guarantee to come back. :rotfl: Not visited the North but had some very nice holidays on the South coast. Son has been to France a couple of times before but he wouldn't remember it.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • maman
    Options
    You'd better add the cost of fines for bad parenting to the spreadsheet!;)
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    Options
    Well done on the clutter clearance and the bundle of items to sell once you return from holiday. As they say, next month is always another month.

Have a lovely time on holiday, and hopefully will come back raring to start the new month.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport