Travel credit cards

Options

Comments

• EllieG63
    EllieG63 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I have had this card for a few months now and the savings on Euro transactions are great. The account management pages on their website are a bit basic and its hard to work out the date for payments on there but they do send you a reminder email before its due and their customer services seem very helpful if you send an email with a question. I would definitely recommend it for anyone that goes into the Eurozone regularly and pays off their balance every month in full.
  • jonould
    jonould Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Quick approval and good online site. Only drawback I've come across is that it doesn't link with my finance software for automatic balance downloads as no-one's heard of them - but no real issue.
  • NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    Options
    EllieG63 wrote: »
    I have had this card for a few months now and the savings on Euro transactions are great. The account management pages on their website are a bit basic and its hard to work out the date for payments on there but they do send you a reminder email before its due and their customer services seem very helpful if you send an email with a question. I would definitely recommend it for anyone that goes into the Eurozone regularly and pays off their balance every month in full.

Good not only in the Eurozone. Metro Bank credit(and debit) is equally good in SEPA..
  • heavenscanwait
    Options
    Hi
    I already have a Halifax clarity credit card and have now been offered travelex supercard, which created a lot of hype last year.
    Looking at the current article, I can't see any advantage in getting supercard over clarity. So I'm essentially looking for advice whether I should get supercard or not bother.
    Regards
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    Will need to see the new term. Do they still treat the cash withdrawal abroad as purchase, like the old one did ? If so tt is better to have both clairy and Super card and then link your super card with clarity to get cashback of £5 for over £300 cash withdrawal.

yes but with a 2.99% charge
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    So do you mean the new Travel card charge 2.99% for Cash withdrawal abroad now ??
    Yes.

Do not get it if you intend to withdraw cash.
  • glentoran99
    Options
    The old one did not charge for cash withdrawal abroad. I had been using it.

So do you mean the new Travel card charge 2.99% for Cash withdrawal abroad now ??

Yes the new supercard will charge 2.99% for cash withdrawals
  • glentoran99
    Options
    Do you have any link about this new travel card or maybe discussion on MSE??

FAQ in the new version of the app
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks. So now this card can not be called travel credit card anymore.

If you are just using it for purchase. there are already quite a few credit cards are doing the same job or even better as some of them are Mastercard. Aqua, Capital one are a few to name.

The new comer Creation everyday Credit card is doing a better job. And It is a master card. I will apply in a few months time.

It's a travel card that's ideal for purchases, especially if linked to a credit card with a reward scheme.

I can see uses for it. They don't involve an ATM though.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,815 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 June 2016 at 11:24PM
    Options
    It's a travel card that's ideal for purchases, especially if linked to a credit card with a reward scheme.

I can see uses for it. They don't involve an ATM though.

Of course they could call their card whatever they want but people could easily see that they are not attractive anymore like it used to be. Even just for purchase or cashback.

I do not see any use of to link supercard to other cards just for purchase and for reward scheme.
    For that purpose it is better to use that credit card directly without the need to get link from Supercard.

If people want to get cashback £5 on purchase equivalent of £300+ in foreign currency they are better off if they are using clarity card directly. For smaller purchase with cash back of 0.5% on foreign currency they are better off using Aqua or Capital one directly
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback