Heron Foods/Farmfoods Freezer Shops -spot any good buys?

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I thought I'd post in case Farmfoods keep a check on the thread.

When I was in there today a customer came over to the checkout and asked for the price of various fruit and veg. The cashier apologised explained that they hadn't had time to label them up properly.

I asked him why and he said that they were very sort staffed because people had left because they were disillusioned. He said that Farmfoods keep cutting their hours but at the same time expecting them to do more.

That doesn't sound like a good employer.:(
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Options
    maman wrote: »

When I was in there today a customer came over to the checkout and asked for the price of various fruit and veg. The cashier apologised explained that they hadn't had time to label them up properly.

I asked him why and he said that they were very sort staffed because people had left because they were disillusioned. He said that Farmfoods keep cutting their hours but at the same time expecting them to do more.

Could be just that 1 store.
  • maman
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Could be just that 1 store.

You're probably right about the staff leaving but I'd have thought the worsening of conditions would be company policy.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yesterday, I heard a colleague of Farmfoods started at 5am and this was 2:35pm.

It's not like the deliveries are done before the shop opens.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Bought in Heron foods today;

14 x 25g bags of Walkers crisps for £1.29. Cheese and Onion flavour (don't know if it is only C&O - was only flavour on offer in our branch). Making them 9p a bag. OK, so 25g bags aren't huge, but ok for pack ups and picnics :D (assuming you like C&O flavour :D)

Greying x
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £8/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    maman wrote: »

Probably because he wasn't an octopus. I've worked in retail and one thing that annoyed me was customers getting all self centered. Especially when you're busy and short staffed.
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So it's self centred to expect prices on products is it ?
  • maman
    Options
    Probably because he wasn't an octopus. I've worked in retail and one thing that annoyed me was customers getting all self centered. Especially when you're busy and short staffed.

Surely customers can expect good service from a service industry??

The conversation I had with him was friendly and sympathetic but that's not really the point. He should be discussing his (justified) gripes about poor conditions of service with his employer not moaning to customers about it. That's not very professional.

In recent weeks I've had a very similar conversation (people leaving not replaced, short of staff etc. leading to poor customer service) in John Lewis, Santander and a department store. In all three cases I wanted to part with money but they were too busy to help me.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    edited 15 August 2016 at 9:03AM
    Options
    I also spotted the Petit Pois in Heron - in my store they were in the super duper bargain freezer along with

4 Magnums (smallish ones) @ £1.49. Double Choc and Peanut Butter

750ml Bofrost Italian Lemon Sorbet @ 69p

Also spotted or bought:
    Chiller:

Jus Rol Shortcrust 3 for £1. (No puff, sadly)

Flora Pro Active Light 350g (40% free) 89p

President Brie 500g as mentioned by Greying Pilgrim £1.49

Muller Corner 4 pack (strawberry/digestive) 89p

Activia Forest Fruits 4 pack 59p

Freezer:
    Xsell Salmon Fish Fingers 700g for £1 (I haven't eaten fish fingers this century, but what the heck, I shall pretend they are goujons. In my defence, I was a registered childminder for 15 years and ate goodness knows how many leftover ones. Hundreds, probably.)

Xsell Luxury Fish Cakes 600g for £1.25. Can't remember what variety these are, but they are always very nice.

Xsell Vegetarian Mushroom Risotto rissoles - think these were £1.

Ben and Jerry's 500g for £1.49

Edit: The bottom of my Heron receipt says 'All 2 ltr milk now only 87p!'
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure