Flight delay compensation, US and Canadian Airlines

Options

Comments

• pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have read posts where the flight is from the USA, sometimes with a connection.

I am well aware that such flights are not covered. However, my MAN -MSY began in Europe to the USA. My question whether the fact that there was a connection in PHL negates EU regs.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pollypenny wrote: »
    I have read posts where the flight is from the USA, sometimes with a connection.

I am well aware that such flights are not covered. However, my MAN -MSY began in Europe to the USA. My question whether the fact that there was a connection in PHL negates EU regs.

Go back one page for posts #564-69, and loads before that.
  • pollypenny
    Options
    Ok, thanks. I'm trying to summon up the energy for a continued fight.

• pollypenny
    Options
    I downloaded your excellent guide, Vauban. Thank you.

However, I'm pretty sure that AA will use the bad weather as their get out, as well as their insistence that the connecting flight, PHL to MSY, is what counts.

They've given us 10,000 air miles each so I think that's it.

• Finst
    Finst Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    My wife was on the Air Transat flight from Glasgow this summer where the pilots were arrested for being over the alcohol limit - delayed for 24 hours and it was in the news for a while.

Air Transat initially offered $200 gift card at the time, but thanks to a letter to customer services using the guide here, they agreed to pay the full 600 euros almost straight away. Win!
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Finst wrote: »
    My wife was on the Air Transat flight from Glasgow this summer where the pilots were arrested for being over the alcohol limit - delayed for 24 hours and it was in the news for a while.

Air Transat initially offered $200 gift card at the time, but thanks to a letter to customer services using the guide here, they agreed to pay the full 600 euros almost straight away. Win!

Finst, thanks for posting.

It would have been a hard case for them to defend.

The flight crew certainly caused everyone, including their employer, an awful lot of time, trouble and money.

Incidentally, it's not the first time this has happened at Glasgow, must be the good beer up there.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • jules06
    jules06 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Hello
    I started a compensation complaint via Resolver back in March 2016 for a flight delay from LHR to NYC. flight was over 4 hours late in due to a technical issue with the cabin pressure.
    After hearing nothing of note from AA I escalated the case on the 11th July. 13 weeks have now passed and I have heard nothing from the CAA. Does anyone know if I should have heard anything by now ~ even if its an acknowledgment saying they are looking into it ?
    Many thanks
    J
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jules - read Vauban's Guide - CAA a waste of time and space, Resolver works sometimes .
  • jules06
    jules06 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Woah that's a bit wordy ! Was hoping for an easy reply like " hang in there bla bla bla "

whats wrong with Resolver ? I thought Martin Lewis had his finger on the pulse !
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Resolver can sometimes work. It depends on the airline. Most just pay lipservice and ignore it.
    Your own letter, then NBA then court action are the only way of getting closer to a result (still no certainty)
    Or hand over to a NWNF if you can't face reading Vauban's most excellent guide (and that's just the basics of the process)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport