Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Options
    Do you know that sausage dogs make the list of most aggressive dog breeds in the UK? But their little faces!

I am feeling a bit self-conscious today.. I was feeling pretty good this morning. I listened to Cherry Pie on my way to work which is one of my confidence boosting songs (I know, I know!). Then one of my colleagues mentioned one of my biggest flaws in my appearance and thing I am most sensitive about (not my weight for once), but I used to get teased about it as a child. So now I've gone from positive to feeling super ugly and considering putting a paper bag over my head. Why couldn't I have been born pretty, like all the other women in my family, rather than looking like someone tried to make a playdough face.

Sigh. I wonder if I could just build a robot me and spend my days at home under a blanket.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Lighthearted penguin about food.....

Oh No!!!! I'm sorry Pyxis - I didn't realise that this could be a penguin issue for some. hmm.... I'll have to call her mollywobbles instead. Is that better?

I'm really sorry if I've made things hard for some. I just love my dog so much that I have to talk about her. :(
    :eek: No no no no! Happily, I was joking! Well, sort of joking! :D in as much as I got the munchies for sossises! Note well the grinning emoticon at the end! That's usually a clue that it's all tongue in cheek! Emoticons are so useful like that, because you can't see the twinkle in my eye!

The only reason I penguined it, (and I didn't originally - I went back on reflection and whited it), was in case a craving subject triggered anyone else!

M&S do these fantabulous sossises called "Italian Style". They are delish! I've got two packs in th freezer, but I haven't seen them in Marks for several weeks, and am terrified they've stopped doing them! :( So I'm trying resist for as long as poss! :rotfl:

(((((((Happily)))))))
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Waves_and_Smiles
    Waves_and_Smiles Posts: 5,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 18 March 2016 at 1:42PM
    Options
    Afternoon all!

Hahahahaha! So far the rice is still on the delivery list! I feel terribly self-indulgent although it is actually only £4 for a kilo which isn't as expensive as it could be. As I now only smoke e-cigs and don't drink, wild rice can become my guilty pleasure! WaSp thinks I have lost the plot by even questioning it. This happened with a jar of pickles once, I felt it was a waste of money but I was really craving them. He happened to mention it to Milliefleur because he thought it was funny and she sent him to the shop with her money to buy me 4 jars. I often have benefit guilt much to WaSp's amusement, usually over things that would be good for me but aren't available in value brands.

Aw, I love sausage dogs! They are so adorable! Don't worry Happily, Pyxis was only joking. I think being in a group of 100 little sausages would make me very happy!

Good luck on the decorating, tea and ono! Want to do mine next? This place badly needs painting, it hasn't been touched for 9 years and the last time it was done very cheapily so has become transparent showing random dabs of plaster over the years. WaSp can't do it because he can't stretch and the idea of me trying it is laughable.

Aw, code! I am sorry that happened. You are totally gorgeous to us! It is also lovely to see you. Have a big hug.

Pyxis, if I can throw my money away on the extravagance of wild rice you can have a sausage! I am a terrible influence...
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Pyxis
    Options
    ((((((Code)))))))

Re. the reference to your 'flaw', what sort of tone did your colleague use? Was it a jokey one, or a helpful one? I'm hoping it wasn't a jibe. :(

Code, sometimes when I'm in a coffee shop, or sitting waiting for someone, I people-watch. I look to see just how many really beautiful/pretty people of either sex there are out there. And do you know, there are hardly any that you'd call really stunning, and only a few that you'd call good-looking. Most people are lumpy and bumpy with too big this and too small that.

I know it's easy to say, and I'm self-conscious about two or three things, one of which I can't do anything about, at least not without having surgery which I would never contemplate!

We recently had some photos taken for the AmDram group, and I really don't like the way the weight I've put on has affected my face, plus I'm starting to look old, unless I smile! So I try and smile all the time now! :eek: I was practising a routine in front of the mirror last weekend, and I was concentrating, so had a serious face on, and I looked awful! So old and fat! But when I smiled, I looked a lot younger!
    When my face is in a neutral expression, I look like Grumpy-Cat! :eek::eek:
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    I love Grumpy cat. I agree with Pyxis, code. Most people just look average and ok. There are very few absolutely stunning people out there. The biggest flaw I worry about is that I look like I have a big double chin. It isn't what it seems, it is because of my thyroid disease which means my neck and jaw are always swollen over my thyroid area but I hate it! Then there is the acne that chooses to pop up randomly, or the fact that my teeth are brown because the dye in my antibiotic has stained them over the course of 20 years. I could go on. I am still pretty average though, most of us are.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    I love Grumpy cat. I agree with Pyxis, code. Most people just look average and ok. There are very few absolutely stunning people out there. The biggest flaw I worry about is that I look like I have a big double chin. It isn't what it seems, it is because of my thyroid disease which means my neck and jaw are always swollen over my thyroid area but I hate it! Then there is the acne that chooses to pop up randomly, or the fact that my teeth are brown because the dye in my antibiotic has stained them over the course of 20 years. I could go on. I am still pretty average though, most of us are.

Totally! While there are people like Aiden Turner around in the world, there have to be lots of us normal people to even things out :rotfl:.

I am cross on your behalf though code - there is no need for meanness, and come to think of it no need to ever mention anyone's appearance if it's not to give a compliment.
  • Birdie85
    Birdie85 Posts: 9,330 Forumite
    Options
    Big hugs Code, what did they mention and how was it said? I can't see why anyone you work with would say something mean about your appearance?! Agree with the others though, the majority of folk are average lookers, I know very few people who are genuinely, naturally 'beautiful'. Apart from myself, of course! :p

Tea - I love that you have a decorating plan! Hope you manage to stick to it! I think I need a plan for live in general, I lose so much time faffing about doing nothing! :o
    Overcome the notion that you must be ordinary. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary!
    Goal Weight 140lb Starting Weight: 160lb Current Weight 145lb
  • Pyxis
    Options
    Well, I am gradually working through the piles, and sorting/tidying - cleaning as I go.
    I need to get some cupboards installed. That's been a big part of the problem, not having proper cupboards, so things are just piled up everywhere.
    Upstairs, I've just got what should be my workroom left to do. That's a nightmare, because it holds big boxes of craft stuff that will stay, but I need cupboards. They're all piled up on each other, four or five deep, so if I want something out of the bottom box, I can't get it.

Plus I've got loads of tools and stuff like screws and bolts and electrical stuff. I don't have a garage, and the little garden shed is only big enough for garden stuff. Anyway, I wouldn't keep tools in a shed. They'd go rusty.

One big problem is a lot of china I inherited. Good sets. Vintage, etc. I wouldn't use it myself, but it's too good to give away, really. The thought of trying to sell it does my head in, though.

I wish I did like it, but I really don't!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Options
    He didn't mean to be insulting. He was saying that he had the same thing only not as bad as me. I don't think he realised. The thing is, if you met me you wouldn't think I had any body issues. I'm quite open about being chubby and not pretty. I wasn't even the most beautiful woman at my wedding !!!!!!. DH has a very beautiful friend who was invited. Biach looks like a Disney Princess.

He just triggered one of my buttons in that I do wish I was more attractive. It's not even like an ugly I can do something about with weight loss and makeup. I knew I should have eyelinered more today.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • Pyxis
    Options
    I suppose it's like my smiling thing. You just have to do the best you can. Things like, maybe, a nice flattering hairstyle with hair in good condition, wearing clothes in styles and colours that suit you, but that are comfortable too, that sort of thing.

And of course, being as beautiful a person as you can possibly be! That's probably the best way! Being friendly and smiley etc. and then people just see the smile and the twinkly eyes and don't notice the rest! :)
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure