Pet Insurance Cost Cutting System/MoneySavingExpert.com Discussion

Options

Comments

• Miroslav
    Miroslav Posts: 6,193 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm confused as to what is best for my 5 cats.

They are all 11 years old, Tesco pet insurance go up to 12 years. Do any other insurance companies, and what would be best?
  • mentaljessie
    Options
    My Mums a Vet Nurse who deals with pet insurance claims and she swears by Marks and Spencers she says they have never turned down a claim made by a client of hers unlike Saga or Tesco who are rather strict at payouts. She says M&S may be more expensive but they will pay for everything including prescription food.
  • ditzymuppet
    Options
    I hope that your cat starts making progress and gets better soon :o

good luck with the insurance :)

~ditzy x
    :pLove hugs and glitterbugs :p
  • Anthillmob
    Anthillmob Posts: 11,780 Forumite
    Options
    just got back from the vets. cain has to go in tomorrow for an op to have his ear drained and his skin tag removed.

£300

we are insured with e&l but have never had to use them in 5 years. the vet receptionist just told us they are useless as a pet insurance company.

has anyone had any dealings with them and will it be easy to claim our money back?
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me
  • Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    Options
    I was looking for some equine insurance a couple of weeks ago and was told not to go with E&L as they take forever to pay out (if they do pay out)...sorry :(

However, I would imagine that as your cat has had no treatment for this condition before and as it seems straightforward, they should pay out.

If they do then I would suggest cancelling with them anyway as Martin has just done an article on pet insurance and there are other insurers that are supposed to be very good.

I got Equine Pet Plan in the end, fairly expensive but excellent reputation.
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• Anthillmob
    Options
    ooh ill have to take a look at the article Martin did. cains my dog (not that that matters). i walked home with him as he hates travelling by car and howled all the way there. he also wet himself on the vets table. bless.
  • Justicia
    Justicia Posts: 1,437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    'Ello mate!

This isn't the same dog who's facial hairs you have been selling on eBay is it? Haha! ;):D

I remember them being poor payers back in my days with the Veterinary industry. The best insurers as far as that went were Pet Plan; very few payment disputes and they were also very good at efficiently paying direct to the surgery rather than the client paying then claiming it back. Obviously though you need to check things like the premiums are OK for you.
    "Part P" is not, and has never been, an accredited electrical qualification. It is a Building Regulation. No one can be "Part P qualified."

Forum posts are not legal advice; are for educational and discussion purposes only, and are not a substitute for proper consultation with a competent, qualified advisor.
  • Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    Options
    Anthillmob wrote:
    ooh ill have to take a look at the article Martin did. cains my dog (not that that matters). i walked home with him as he hates travelling by car and howled all the way there. he also wet himself on the vets table. bless.

Ooops, sorry! :o

Poor doggy :( Lots of animals are like that at the vets though aren't they? Not surprising when the first thing they usually get is a thermometer up the bum closely followed by an injection in their neck. :(
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• Anthillmob
    Options
    the vets given us a leaflet for petplan so we'll be looking into changing.

it almost sounded like he was shouting "harry....harry" in the car where he got into such a state. i walked back home with him.

aye, same dog whos whisker i sold on ebay. maybe i could sell his skin tag hehehe.

(wonder if he remembers this is the same vet who removed his danglies?)
  • Justicia
    Justicia Posts: 1,437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anthillmob wrote:
    aye, same dog whos whisker i sold on ebay. maybe i could sell his skin tag hehehe.

(wonder if he remembers this is the same vet who removed his danglies?)

You manage to sell that tag for a good amount (more than £1!) and I'll have to start selling some of the "souvenirs" I have from those Vet. days ;) lol.
    "Part P" is not, and has never been, an accredited electrical qualification. It is a Building Regulation. No one can be "Part P qualified."

Forum posts are not legal advice; are for educational and discussion purposes only, and are not a substitute for proper consultation with a competent, qualified advisor.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure