Real Life, Dating and Money!

Options

Comments

• Littlebirdie
    Options
    Sooo today has been a good day.

I went and got a cup of tea (cheaper than coffee :j )

I also got some food for the week. Spent around ~£6 in veg, yog and breakfast. Got veg as it's cheaper than fruit. If I had bought 3 portions of fruit prob would have spent £10.

Bit of a dilemma. Found a top I really like. It's £40. I can also get it through a cashback website. I think I'm going to get it and pay £20 a month for it.

Tomorrow will be another cheap day.
    To staying out of debt!
    Credit card (Nov 2018):£894.60 . Emergency fund: £2000/3000
  • Littlebirdie
    Options
    Hey Starlighthappiness thanks. Still can't really believe it.

So today was a cheap day. I had another rubbish nights sleep. So I bought a coffee and then some more treats at work so spent ~£3.00. Had an indulgent food day as well. Well it wasn't too bad but could have been better.

I really hope I have a good nights sleep tonight.

Ooo I rang up the bank and changed my payments to £50 a month so hopefully in 10 months time I'll have £1000 emergency savings. I'm not going to get too ahead of myself as I'll then spend my 20's wishing my life away.

I've been listening to a lot of podcasts lately about happiness. It was interesting saying that we all have a happiness set point. So no matter what happens in life we go back to our usual level of happiness. I can totally see that. Another podcast spoke about how we are always looking for the next thrill and an industry is made around that. Whether it be chocolate, shopping, clothes, food, holidays etc. It really got me thinking and it's a good point. The podcast really emphasized about enjoying life in the moment and it's something that is really backed up by evidence. Recently I've really got into mindfullness and has had a big help on me sleeping (when I'm not super stressed).

Hopefully for a cheap week. No nights out planned so no money on booze!
    To staying out of debt!
  • Littlebirdie
    Options
    Hello,

So lazy old slog of a day! Could not be arsed for it.

Spent a little bit

~£4 Ald!

Bought milk, fruit and eggs. I'm annoyed about the eggs as I really didn't need them and probably could have got away with not having them this week. You know what it's only ~70p but I'm going to take them back in the morning. It's little spends like this that add up. Although it has got me thinking on Friday rather than take something out of the freezer.

Thursday night having a great night and having a friend over. Really looking forward to it. I can't believe I'm saying this but the money from the eggs will be better spend on something for Thursday. Feeling a bit bored at the moment so looking forward to it.

Sold something on eb@y! Only sold for £2.50 but I charge £5.00 for packaging. Going to put the money into my emergency account. Now that I'm not putting money into it monthly I still want to see it increase every so often.

I also got £0.08 cashback :j . Every little helps ha :rotfl: I think I'll put that money into my emergency account also.

Also just thought today in August I'm goi to get a pay rise! It will only be by ~£30 a month but still that can pay towards my holiday next year - it will be an extra £180 by the time I go.

Just waiting for my account to balance out so that I can get an accurate view of my balance.

That's it for now. Happy Monday everyone - I hope my Tuesday is better :p:
    To staying out of debt!
  • Littlebirdie
    Options
    So I am defintely an emotional spender and eater :rotfl:

Finished the hard workout and someone offered me a brownie - could I say no? Nope. So had my brownie and then I felt tired and grumpy so went and bought this extra special bread for £2 and couldn't even taste the ingredient that they were promoting :rotfl: . So a waste of money.

The thing is I don't know if I can stop it as I don't want to be too harsh on myself. I'm going to stay mindful of it as if I tell myself to stop I'll probably just go and tell myself I deserve more expensive items. Cause if I do so I'll obses on buying more
    To staying out of debt!
  • Littlebirdie
    Options
    Hey

Today was another lazy old day. Think I'm just stressed and tired.

So spent like £0.37 on an apple then like £0.85 on some food. Loads of cravings throughout the day so good that I didn't spend more really. Ate loads of treats. H
    To staying out of debt!
  • Littlebirdie
    Options
    Hey

Today was another lazy old day. Think I'm just stressed and tired.

So spent like £0.37 on an apple then like £0.85 on some food. Loads of cravings throughout the day so good that I didn't spend more really. Ate loads of treats. Oh took my eggs back :rotfl: .

Also a bit conscious as I'm not sure which card I put my cashback too as not sure if the account I selected is still around. It's only £0.08 though so not the end of the world.

I have £155 in my account and will get £60 put in from the dress. I've got to get train fairs and a few other bits. I would love to end the month with ~£100 in my account. Then I would be out of my overdraft! 9 days until payday...
    To staying out of debt!
  • ab_saver
    ab_saver Posts: 334 Forumite
    First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello! (again)

I thought you'd gone quiet on your old thread and didn't realize that you had started a new one. Sounds like you are doing really well - sorry to hear you found yourself back in the overdraft again.

I am also a sucker for coffee - so I bought myself a really nice thermos and brought mine from home - saved a lot (even with nespresso coffee!). A colleague bought a cafetière for the department, and people have chipped in with nice ground coffee - so you can still have your fix without breaking the bank.
    I'm sure you don't need me to tell you it's cheaper to buy a bag of apples at the start of the week either. It can be so hard to keep up these small MSE habits - when work got tough I definitely lapsed.

You have to have some enjoyment in life though- and it sounds like you've struck the right balance between frugality and living a little! :)

What you said in your first post really resonated with me - I'm constantly reminded that I can't afford to have all the things I want at the same time - but that I can have a comfortable life.
    House fund: ~£5000 / £10,000 :D_£1000 emergency fund #208 - £151.74/ 1000 _
  • Littlebirdie
    Options
    Hey ab_saverthanks for stopping by :) I can't quote your post on my phone.
    Yes I too have a thermos and omg it is amazing. Whilst I haven't got good at making coffees, I always make sure I go to a coffee shop that gives a discount or a few extra stamps! Oooo a cafetiere sounds like a good shout. Basically I don't want to be having a coffee every morning but I think I'm getting to that point.

Yeah when life is great I'm brilliant but when it's not I'm just want to do lots of little spends to make myself feel better.

So today was a speedy and a eaty kinda day. Think I'm basically tired and obsessing over numbers, whether it be saving money or calories and bloomin hec it's exhausting and doesn't have a good outcome.

Today I got the money back for the dress! I've also spent money on treats and meh I'm not going to dwell on it. Overall I'm not in my overdraft and with a bit of luck in not going to go into it this month. The £0.08p did go into the right account.

Might be going for a drink over the weekend :j I thrilled as I haven't had a glass of wine in a while!
    To staying out of debt!
  • ab_saver
    ab_saver Posts: 334 Forumite
    First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Ahh I have spendy/eaty days whenever work is getting a bit much either hours wise or just generally intense. You do have to have some pleasure in life and a few treats!

I don't have a coffee every morning (I run out of time with early starts!) but I do have quite a few! My addiction is fuelled by my (not very MSE) nespresso machine... which is expensive - but still cheaper than a coffee out! If you like frothy/foamy coffees, I used to have an electric whisk type thing to foam the milk up...

I'll have to remember all this myself when I move departments to one with a c0sta in the same building :eek:

Well done on staying out of the overdraft :D
    House fund: ~£5000 / £10,000 :D_£1000 emergency fund #208 - £151.74/ 1000 _
  • Littlebirdie
    Options
    Ah ab_saver you have got me curious about this nespresso machine! Is really as good a shop bought coffee?

Soo today has been a good day. I would say it's been a spendy one but MSE. So went to the charity shop and picked up soooo many clothes and all from very well known brands :beer: . I would think that my work summer wardrobe is sorted! Thrilled to bits! It did come to £40 although baring in mind one of my clothes would have cost that I'm happy. I do need to get an under dress though as a few of them are see through. My work clothes has been on my mind so glad to have that done. I also got my new summer jumper delivered which was £40 and I bloomin love it! It's ridiculous to think I spend that on one item and then bought so much for the same price. My clothing style is changing as I go into my mid 20's. So defo go to charity shops again.

Happy days :beer:

Friday tomorrow :j
    To staying out of debt!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills