Add your feedback on energy supplier Green Star Energy

Options

Comments

• MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    edited 19 May 2017 at 8:51AM
    Options
    Hi all

Thanks for your posts. I'm sorry to hear that a few of you have had a few hiccups with the switchover to Green Star Energy. Switching is generally straightforward, so it is always frustrating when we hear that things don't go to plan.

As part of its bid to take part in the collective, it agreed to boost its customer service so we'll certainly be following up with it to understand the issues that some of you have highlighted.

If you need to get in touch with Green Star, do use its dedicated collective contact routes. You can call it on the MSE number 0800 029 1560 or email mse@mygreenstarenergy.com.

Hopefully you should hear back quicker by contacting it this way than by the normal email address/phone numbers.

I hope this helps.
  • StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    Options
    MSE_Dan_L wrote: »
    Hi all

Thanks for your posts. I'm sorry to hear that a few of you have had a few hiccups with the switchover to Green Star Energy. Switching is generally straightforward, so it is always frustrating when we hear that things go to plan.

As part of its bid to take part in the collective, it agreed to boost its customer service so we'll certainly be following up with it to understand the issues that some of you have highlighted.

If you need to get in touch with Green Star, do use its dedicated collective contact routes. You can call it on the MSE number 0800 029 1560 or email [EMAIL="mse@mygreenstarenergy.com"]mse@mygreenstarenergy.com[/EMAIL].

Hopefully you should hear back quicker by contacting it this way than by the normal email address/phone numbers.

I hope this helps.

I used this e-mail and I'm sure other people did also.

This was to submit my meter reads a couple of days ago and I still don't know if anyone has even seen the e-mail, let alone actioned the meter reads.

There's nothing wrong with a few IT systems issues, they happen all the time, but I think people are worried that they're not receiving the service they should be considering the promise to step up with a dedicated team for this switch.

Hopefully you guys can get in touch with Green Star and make sure that your collective switch customers are guided through this switch properly.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • StopIt
    Options
    Just an update and apologies for the double post.

My account with Scottish Power shows both Gas and Electricity as switched to Green Star (Hudson Energy). They're now awaiting my initial meter readings from them to send my final bill.

Time to step up guys. You have the meter reads, I hope there wont be any further communications break downs!

Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • MSE_Dan_L
    Options
    Hi all

Just to add to my earlier posts, a few points of feedback around the meter read issues which were mentioned. Green Star has confirmed that it has spotted some intermittent issues with meter readings being added to accounts, which it believes has led to some of the error messages being mentioned.

The good news is that it believes this has now been resolved, so if you've been asked to provide meter readings, fingers crossed this'll work again as usual.

We're continuing to work closely with Green Star to look at some of the other service issues mentioned. In the meantime, if you need to get in touch with it, do use the special collective number 0800 029 1560.

Thanks
  • smartn
    smartn Posts: 296 Forumite
    Options
    I've had the same problems as I am sure many others have had with the collective switch. I sent an email with my readings on the 16th and still haven't even had a reply. Not off to a good start are we? And I still can't fill in a reading online.
  • StopIt
    Options
    MSE_Dan_L wrote: »
    Hi all

Just to add to my earlier posts, a few points of feedback around the meter read issues which were mentioned. Green Star has confirmed that it has spotted some intermittent issues with meter readings being added to accounts, which it believes has led to some of the error messages being mentioned.

The good news is that it believes this has now been resolved, so if you've been asked to provide meter readings, fingers crossed this'll work again as usual.

We're continuing to work closely with Green Star to look at some of the other service issues mentioned. In the meantime, if you need to get in touch with it, do use the special collective number 0800 029 1560.

Thanks

I don't know about any one else here who has had the issue but there has been no resolution here.

The Green Star site still shows as unable to submit meter reads, and my e-mail that I sent to them remains unacknowledged and unanswered. Scottish power still shows as awaiting the meter reads from Green Star also.

Would it be possible to chase them up to actually send their customers at least some correspondence in reply to queries? I know IT issues happen but ignoring support queries is not the level of service what I signed up for.

• feed_me_chocs
    feed_me_chocs Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, my switch date was a week ago and I still can't submit readings online. I've emailed customer services and the mse prefixed email address as suggested by them earlier in this thread, but I've had no response. At this point I don't even know who is my supplier now. Wholly unimpressed so far, especially as 50k switches were made available and I don't believe all were taken, but they don't even seem able to cope with those that did take up the offer.

Stop leaving us in the dark Greenstar!
  • Xiol
    Xiol Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Just to add to noise here, I've also been unable to submit meter readings since they were first requested. I've sent two emails, one to the normal place and another to the mse@ address and both remain unanswered and unacknowledged.

I appreciate the smaller suppliers like GSE probably aren't wholly prepared for an influx like what MSE can generate, but even so, this isn't off to a great start.
  • MSE_Dan_L
    Options
    StopIt wrote: »
    I don't know about any one else here who has had the issue but there has been no resolution here.

The Green Star site still shows as unable to submit meter reads, and my e-mail that I sent to them remains unacknowledged and unanswered. Scottish power still shows as awaiting the meter reads from Green Star also.

Hi StopIt (and others)

Ahh, that's frustrating to hear. Although Green Star believed it had got to the bottom of the issue on Friday, unfortunately there seem to still be a few technical gremlins. It has confirmed to us this morning that its techies are hard at work on this; we're highlighting this as a priority issue for our users to be fixed.

We're also flagging the email response concerns and will keep pushing until we see a step-up on this.
  • KevlarSmartypants
    Options
    Had trouble offering opening meter readings today, thought I'd share my feedback to them here (I'll send it to the mse@ address too). I'll bet their call centre has been run off their feet!!

I'd recommend emailing meter readings, or be prepared to wait on the phone..
    Complaint about your on boarding process
    I’d like you to share this message with the managers responsible for your UX design and for customer on-boarding.

I’ve spent about 40 minutes this morning to provide you with my opening readings, and my first impressions of your customer service and organisation are bad already. I’ve spent another 10+ writing this email as a result. Your on boarding process is the problem.

I’m impressed how quickly you arranged the handover (I would have preferred to have my handover on 31st May when my fixed rate ends, but no-one seems to offer that yet).

a. Your ‘Transfer Date Letter’ asks for opening meter readings, and says the easiest way is to use your website. I went there and couldn’t log in, it turned out that I didn’t have an account, but you failed to explain that I had to create one separately. Why did you not create an account for me, or at least mention in the email that/what I would need to do that? You’ve not made it easy for me to get onboard, instead you’ve set a puzzle for me to solve. I searched my email for details of an account invitation, attempted to renew my password, to be told that my email address wasn’t recognised (even though you have it and use it - I understand these will be on separate systems, but come on guys, join up your processes!).

b. I use a password manager (as many do) to avoid remembering the complex passwords I use to keep my account (and by extension your system) safe, yet you limit my password to 8 chars. Why limit your security if your customers are willing to use complex passwords? As a standard I use 24 random chars with all char types. Equally, on registration you prevent pasting values into the password confirmation field, which was inconvenient.

c. When I had finally created my account, I went to submit a meter reading, but your site said that I could not because you didn’t have my meter numbers (they’re in the photos attached to this email, btw). Why suggest that online submission is simple, when it’s a protracted process, and can eventually turn out to be impossible?

d. Next I tried calling the number you provided, it offered me the option to provide meter readings to an automated system before it offered me a person to talk to, so I took the automated option. I entered my account number as requested, and the system told me that it could not accept a meter reading because my account was not yet active. If your phone system is designed in a way to direct customers to an automated service that won’t work for new customers (where you should be making good impressions), why not put in a separate number that will work, and share that number in your ‘Transfer Date Letter’? Suggesting new customers give opening readings by phone will result in them taking the first option you give them to do so, and I expect they will all have the same experience as me.

Two attempts, two failures, at this point I’m getting seriously frustrated. You’ve given me two bad directions, and I’m just trying to give you two numbers as you’ve asked which shouldn’t take more than a few minutes.

e. So next I tried calling your call team, who shouldn’t be burdened with this information, especially if you’re experiencing a step up in your new customer intake thanks to a deal that your company made with Money Saving Expert. I’ll bet it’s been manic there, and testing your call centre staff’s patience, which would probably do nothing for your staff turnover. I waited for 10 minutes before hanging up. The automated recordings kept telling me I could use the automated services to submit meter readings - if I hadn’t already tried it I would have at this point because I’m sick of hearing the recording go around and around and around. The way your system is working here is setting you up for failure and complaint, customers choosing to use their right of withdrawal, and increasing your call volume because they will end up hanging up, failing to make the automated system work, and calling again, giving your staff a hard time - it is your poorly designed on boarding process doing this.

f. Finally I’ve chosen to send you an email and sort it out in your own time. I was able to give EDF a meter reading in 2 minutes using their app (by sending them photos of my meters). I am not going to waste my time installing and setting up your app because I do not have confidence that it will do what I want it to, because of my experience outlined above. I suspect it’s a wrapper for your web interface, rather than an actual app, in which case my bad experience would be compounded.

So your staff will have to deal with an enquiry that your automated systems could have handled, which has instead resulted in several calls and a lot more man-hours than is neccessary. And now you’ve got this complaint to deal with too.

Hopefully this account of my experience will help you find the glitches in your system and smooth them out.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback