Remember you're a womble - 2016

Options

Comments

• sweetpea26
    sweetpea26 Posts: 831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Have been up to my eyes these last few weeks and have been ill alongside it so apologies for lack of posts.

Firstly a total of 32p in road kill :)

£20 claimed shop scan.

29 in T points :)

all in all not alot but every little helps :)
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Been feelin' poorly, so not much wombling done, although I did purchase some new undies and support framework (!) in the week, online, and that arrived yesterday. Spent £30 but saved a whopping £143 as it was all in the sale :j

I've got some YS savings to report, but have temporarily misplaced the receipt, so I'll be back online to report that later x
  • miss_empty_piggy
    Options
    I can't believe I've found this site. I totally love wombling. I started a page in my diary for "things I got for free" etc but didn't realise it was an actual 'named' thing. This is brilliant - is it wrong that I'm really excited??

Can I please join you and become a womble?

I got 3 free carrots yesterday - it's a start (30p) :)
  • FunBrum
    FunBrum Posts: 716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Bob, I've just added up my totals. £1,461.04:eek:

When I find roadkill, I've been popping it into a little red campervan money box. It's getting full so I will soon be graduating to a larger campervan money box! It will be interesting how much is in there at the end of the year! :D

Now my life is getting back to normal. I can start shopping for YS and hopefully points! Strangely, I like the little value wombles. I feel I have achieved more, if that makes sense?! ;)
    Living a frugal retirement without treading on the planet :T
    Womble #17- £2,018.41 €2
    TURTLES NSD's 01/31
    FLC £3000/£2,328.12
    CCCC2016 #10 £19 monthly spends on clothes
    Wombled nectar points=728 Wombled Boots points=316
  • The_Only_Girl
    Options
    DH and I wombled free Swedish massage from MIL. Would have been £6 (I know - cheap as chips right?) We also had moisturising foot spa, pedicure and manicure (DH, DS1 and me) and I paid only £21.
    "There is Life AFTER DEBT."LBM 2009 Total Debt £49046.24 Debt Free as of 27/08/2015
  • greengoblin
    greengoblin Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    Roadkill total for March 34p, so a grand total of £4.04 for the year so far. Kicked of April with a 20p yesterday though :)
    All that is gold does not glitter
    All those who wander are not lost

:starmod:Recycle ALL the things!:starmod: :p
  • Azzzaa
    Azzzaa Posts: 346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I was kayaking at work today (I'm a teacher) and found 2 fishing lures to attract pike caught in the trees on the opposite side of the bank where the fisherman fish, they cost about £6 each and both were very nice ones too so we're definitely worth nabbing :) I shall be using them once the open season for fishing comes around :) :beer:
    Documenting my journey from full time support worker to full time eBay reseller :)
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    OK - have found my receipts and pleased to report YS savings of £4.43, plus a Sainsbob Brand Match voucher, but I'll count that if and when used.

Updating signature.

I know nothing about fishing Azzzaa, but the lures sound like a great womble for you! Well done :)

TOG - hope your holiday in the Philippines is lovely and relaxing. Jealous of the massage!

FunBrum - I get what you mean about the little wombles being more satisfying. I especially love YS luxury food items. They taste even better then :rotfl:
  • chirpycheap
    chirpycheap Posts: 207 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Welcome Miss Empty Piggy I’m sure with all the wombling you’ll soon be a ‘full piggy’. Welcome back FunBrum and hope you are feeling better SweetPea. Glad to hear the cobwebs have been cleared for you Bob!

I’ve not been active on here for a week or so. My DS has been home for the Easter Holidays and has had to use my laptop to work on. Anyway he's now gone home and I’m all caught up with the thread and still feeling inspired by everyone’s wombling reports.
    It’s not been the most frugal of weeks as we have all been off work and at home. There is normally just myself and DH to cater for so with one extra at home our weekly bill for food and entertainment should have increased by one third. Unfortunately it seems to have increased by at least fifty percent. A combination of me spoiling everyone and DS having hollow legs plus some trips out is probably to blame. Hopefully some of the extra spends will be offset by some of the wombling that we have been doing.

DH found 2p, our first road kill. I think folks hold on to their change around here as there is rarely anything on the ground to find!
    In Ikea we checked our receipt in the ‘Swipe a Surprise’ promotion and found that we had won a hot dog. I was going to throw it away as we’re all veggie but then we found out that they do a quorn hot dog (60p). DS who is always hungry was happy for five minutes.
    I used two £1 vouchers in Tesco for Almond Milk and got £5 off our £50 shop. We were able to pick up some yellow stickered items too but I forgot to see how much I saved as we ate them! We then went for a meal and used some Tesco Points and saved £37.50 on our bill.

My sister has had to clear out her in laws home as her FIL recently died. Some people would be unhappy using stuff from the deceased but we knew them well and they were lovely people and we’re perfectly happy having things from their home in ours. Most of the stuff has gone to the charity shop as the MIL was a real hoarder but we have had a couple of boxes of household items. We now have a set of good quality saucepans, bedding and towels and lots of kitchenware. It has been a reminder that ‘stuff’ to excess can end up being a huge burden for those that you leave behind!

DH did some DIY jobs for a friend so she rewarded him with a beautiful teabread, some fancy butter and a jar of home made preserves. I reckon that’s a £2 womble at least. On the way home we popped into Poundworld and bought some half price mini bags of Easter Eggs for 50p to pop into a late Easter basket for my nephews.

I did an Approved Food shop and spent £40. According to my receipt I have £100 of shopping. I’m very pleased with what we’ve bought. I generally buy once or twice a year and although I don’t think it looked like £100 of what I’d pay for shopping I had some excellent (if out of date) bargains.

Finally we saved £5.88 on troughs and compost at B&Q using a combination of a seniors discount and multibuy offers.
    Sorry for the long catch up post. I’m declaring my total at £225.45
    Stashbusting 2019 - 230/300
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    sweetpea26 wrote: »
    Morning everyone.

Have been up to my eyes these last few weeks and have been ill alongside it so apologies for lack of posts.

Firstly a total of 32p in road kill :)

£20 claimed shop scan.

29 in T points :)

all in all not alot but every little helps :)

Awww to hear you've been poorly Sweetpea26. Glad to see you posting again.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport