Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen!

Options

Comments

• angela110660
    angela110660 Posts: 929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Really feel for you but don't stay if you don't get support. I used to do similar job but one student pushed me to the limit. Dreaded every day after working happily there for seven years. Felt that all my good energy was wasted there and came home to my own kids and OH and treated them with no patience at all. One day just applied for an office job and was successful and haven't looked back. Never dread work these days and cannot imagine doing old job now. Good luck to you.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Really feel for you but don't stay if you don't get support. I used to do similar job but one student pushed me to the limit. Dreaded every day after working happily there for seven years. Felt that all my good energy was wasted there and came home to my own kids and OH and treated them with no patience at all. One day just applied for an office job and was successful and haven't looked back. Never dread work these days and cannot imagine doing old job now. Good luck to you.

Thankyou, just keep telling myself 3 weeks until half term and then 7 weeks until summer, I'm going ask for a transfer to a different class in September, the younger end. If I don't ask !!
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Had a lovely breakfast of poached eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes on toast and then took doggies out for a nice walk in the sun.

Checked panelbase and was able to redeem £10.00. Also won 15 points on luckyph0ne, not much but it all adds up.

Still trying to concentrate on the little things to keep costs down and I have frozen some crusts of bread which will be perfect for breadcrumbs, ran out of hand soap in the kitchen could have sworn I had a bottle of shower gel I wasn't keen on, anyway couldn't find it so have put a sample sized bar of soap I got free in a hotel I think! popped it in a pretty dish by the sink, after all soap is soap. Also found 3p in the washing machine after a wash, popped this in my purse as I'm trying to keep a little bit of loose change in there for when I need a banana for work snack.

£bay item sold, so that will be roughly £2.50 to hols pot when they pay up, I have also relisted an item.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Fingers crossed about the transfer at work.

I love the comment about the 3p - I do stuff like collecting napkins from takeaway restaurants and myself a frugal pat on the back.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    chanie wrote: »
    Fingers crossed about the transfer at work.

I love the comment about the 3p - I do stuff like collecting napkins from takeaway restaurants and myself a frugal pat on the back.

Napkins also jump into my handbag.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    What a beautiful day it has been managed 4 loads of washing, all dried on the line:D.

Realised that I had £8 credit on my h&m account from when I returned something, searched and managed to find a free delivery code and ordered my self some new underwear and 2 vest tops for DD, cost me £1.58 :D.

Have done 2 hours paperwork for one of DH friends, probably need to do another 2hours tomorrow evening and then april is up to date, I don't get paid in cash for this, but I do get paid in meat as he is a farmer, I love being able to do this:).

DD was busy making cakes when I went to do the paperwork, when I came downstairs DD and DS had eaten all but one that they had saved for DH:eek:, so I have made some choc crunch tray bake otherwise there would have been nothing to put in lunch boxes tomorrow.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,299 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I also got a £10 voucher from Mr M this week as they had substituted quite a few items which is not like them and I had ordered 3 bottles of wine for £12 and they only sent me 1!! I've had Mr A deliveries in the past and their substitutions are beyond a joke. Mr S are the best in my opinion but I usually shop with Mr M as DD works there and I get family staff discount.

I've got a drawer full of Cost@ napkins at work :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Bartering - what a great idea. Just out of interest, what meat do you get?
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    chanie wrote: »
    Bartering - what a great idea. Just out of interest, what meat do you get?

Bartering that's the word I was looking for. I get lamb and beef depending on what he has.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    I also got a £10 voucher from Mr M this week as they had substituted quite a few items which is not like them and I had ordered 3 bottles of wine for £12 and they only sent me 1!! I've had Mr A deliveries in the past and their substitutions are beyond a joke. Mr S are the best in my opinion but I usually shop with Mr M as DD works there and I get family staff discount.

I've got a drawer full of Cost@ napkins at work :)

I agree Mr S is very good, I refuse to shop with Mr A after several bad deliveries and terrible customer service, won't even step into a store.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure