Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 600Posts
    • 368Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 44
    • youravinalarrrf
    • By youravinalarrrf 24th May 17, 6:28 PM
    • 267 Posts
    • 163 Thanks
    youravinalarrrf
    I am interested in how you propose to achieve your cridit balance refund with this lot!!

Trustpilot experiences suggests it will be a problem.
    Originally posted by icharus
    Given other people's experiences I'm assuming it will be a problem before it even starts and will probably take some considerable time to achieve.

Customers have no other option but to use Iresa's formal complaints procedure and it will begin the day after my switch away completes by reminding Iresa that in order to comply with the terms and conditions of their Operators Licenses they have just 6 weeks from the date of the switch to provide me with my final bill and refund any credit balance owing to me.

If the final bill and credit refund is not forthcoming during this 6 week period after 8 weeks it will be escalated to the Ombudsman Energy for resolution. Should it still remain unresolved and unpaid after this it will eventually end up as a claim in the small claims court.

At each of these stages the additional costs to Iresa will increase but in the end I will get my credit balance refunded one way or another and it will end up costing Iresa far more than if they had complied with the regulations from the beginning.

It will be up to Iresa to decide whether they want to play a silly game which they cannot and will not be be allowed to win.

Surely Iresa can see that they cannot continue to keep racking up unnecessary additional costs through fines and/or court costs before the inevitable happens and they become insolvent and go bust. With no new customers joining them for quite some time it's more important than ever that they get their house in order immediately before any remaining cash flow they have dries up completely.

It's a battle of wills but no matter how long it takes you can be certain that I will win in the end.
    • pooch
    • By pooch 24th May 17, 6:33 PM
    • 691 Posts
    • 336 Thanks
    pooch

I note that Iresa has had another day of terrible reviews on Trustpilot and Facebook.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    Yes, I noticed more than one individual spamming the supplier's facewbook page with duplicate posts. (and MSE thought they had it bad )

Trustpilot? They should be done under the Trade Descriptions Act

Fake reviews plague consumer websites
    • you_llneverwalkalone
    • By you_llneverwalkalone 24th May 17, 11:17 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    you_llneverwalkalone
    I,ve completed my move to Iresa month ago.

Move happened as expected. Online account opened with correct details. First direct debit taken.

Gave Iresa my opening meter readings & received email confirmation of the reading but the reading is still not showing my online account. Still not receive my final bill from Eon either.

I,ll keep you updated.
    Originally posted by you_llneverwalkalone
    I had to open a ticket with Iresa on the 22/5 regarding the meter readings & they replied the next day.

Received my final bill from Eon today but the readings are 63 units out in Iresa,s favour.

Iresa sent me an email confirming my reading but they chose to send Eon a different reading.
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    Switching from E.ON
    I had to open a ticket with Iresa on the 22/5 regarding the meter readings & they replied the next day.

Received my final bill from Eon today but the readings are 63 units out in Iresa,s favour.

Iresa sent me an email confirming my reading but they chose to send Eon a different reading.
    Originally posted by you_llneverwalkalone
    Morning you_llneverwalkalone and sorry to lose you.

Iresa may have sent us the meter reading you gave them. I suspect the industry third party (Data Collector) that checks readings are in line with previous usage held for properties might have changed it. If they did, both suppliers need to use the same reading to open/close their respective accounts.

Is this for the electricity? If it is, 63 units is below the threshold needed to be able to challenge these changes. The difference needs to be 250 units or above but, where below, the reading they've given will stand. Although it means paying one supplier for more units than expected, this is balanced out by paying the other for fewer units.

Hope this explains you_llneverwalkalone.

Malc
    ďOfficial Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • steve.whitworth
    • By steve.whitworth 25th May 17, 2:07 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    steve.whitworth
    Total lack of response
    Iresa may be the cheapest out there, and that's great, but trying to get any response from them via email is impossible. They failed to give my previous supplier the switch over readings, which resulted in estimated readings. I've emailed them multiple times over the last two months about this and had no response whatsoever. The multiple emails are all recorded on my account as open tickets - they clearly have no targets to clear these and I doubt after two months that I'll get any response at all.
    Fortunately the discrepancy is fairly minor, so I'm going to just live with it, but reading other posts, I'm dreading something bigger going wrong and having to fight with an unmanned office to get it resolved.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

615Posts Today

5,934Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just leaving Manchester after the funeral of my beloved grandma Gladys who passed away last night. https://t.co/nuC9ry5mP6

• The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Follow Martin