Software4students

Options

Comments

• Money_Grabber13579
    Options
    I'm not entirely sure how you can blame all this on S4S. There was a postal strike after all. We got mail yesterday (12th November) that was postmarked 1st November. So there still is huge piles of mail to clear.

I've ordered with them in the past, and received it very quickly. And I'm afraid, if it's been lost in the post, then the licence key has to be cancelled, otherwise, there could be some people getting free copies!

On the other hand, I'm not really sure I understand the address. I've walked down Botanic Avenue every weekday for the last 3 years, and never knew that's where they were based! And I don't think there's going to be 150 departments in any of those buildings!
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
  • Money_Grabber13579
    Money_Grabber13579 Posts: 4,267 Forumite
    Newshound! Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 13 November 2009 at 11:35PM
    Options
    The parent company which was mentioned earlier is registered in Newry for some reason, even though they use the address of Belfast.

Incidentally, the place where the company is registered in Newry is 4 Pine Grove. 2 Pine Grove is derelict, and the whole area doesn't look in great repair. Sound fishy?
  • GentleGiant_2
    Options
    I'm not entirely sure how you can blame all this on S4S. There was a postal strike after all. We got mail yesterday (12th November) that was postmarked 1st November. So there still is huge piles of mail to clear.

I've ordered with them in the past, and received it very quickly. And I'm afraid, if it's been lost in the post, then the licence key has to be cancelled, otherwise, there could be some people getting free copies!

On the other hand, I'm not really sure I understand the address. I've walked down Botanic Avenue every weekday for the last 3 years, and never knew that's where they were based! And I don't think there's going to be 150 departments in any of those buildings!

nothing to do with Royal Mail - they send them via first class post - which is not tracked. Therefore how would they know these have all been 'lost' if they entered the postal system.

These have clearly been 'lost' and never despatched - despite the lie that they have been.

There is a mailbox company at that address - so clearly they are operating out of a mailbox.
  • Money_Grabber13579
    Options
    nothing to do with Royal Mail - they send them via first class post - which is not tracked. Therefore how would they know these have all been 'lost' if they entered the postal system.

These have clearly been 'lost' and never despatched - despite the lie that they have been.

There is a mailbox company at that address - so clearly they are operating out of a mailbox.

It's probably not too big an assumption that if there are loads of complaints about non-receipt of goods, they've probably been lost. Anyway, why would they want to not dispatch them, then get Microsoft to cancel the codes and then send them out? That doesn't even make sense, even if they were a fraudulent company. It would only cost them more money.
  • spaceman5
    spaceman5 Posts: 2,716 Forumite
    Options
    they are defenetly not a fraudulent company, i ordered the microsoft office 2007 enterprise edition for £36.xx when it was on offer a couple of months ago, and recieved it just after a week of ordering, and everything works as it should, dont know whats gone on with this batch, it may just be as simple as they say, and they are endorsed as a partner on the microsoft website, i checked this first before ordering, i am sure people will get there orders sooner or later
    Take every day as it comes!!
  • GentleGiant_2
    Options
    am sure they are not fraudulent - however to ignore emails and blame Royal Mail for issues is not on.

they bank the money and so should deliver the items in accordance with that agreement.

We are talking about young children being deprived of their software here.
  • mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    Options
    am sure they are not fraudulent - however to ignore emails and blame Royal Mail for issues is not on.

they bank the money and so should deliver the items in accordance with that agreement.

We are talking about young children being deprived of their software here.

If you are worried about the children you could buy it at PCWorld and be sure of getting it there and then.
  • GentleGiant_2
    Options
    Are you going to pay PC World prices for me? No? Well run along then......

I entered into a contract with a company at an agreed price.
  • Pershore
    Options
    I have used Software4students several times over the past 18 months without issue. Delivery has normally taken 3-5 days they have never been quick but have delivered within the time they state on the website.

It is true that they tend to post out using first class post and so nothing is traceable once it has been despatched.

My guess is that they have given a date of 18th for resending software, in case any of the original batch arrives in the mean-time (can just imagine the look on our faces when trying to validate the products we have purchased and Microsoft declines due to the activation codes being nulled). So I think they need this time to determine what has been recieved and what has been activated.

Just wait and I am sure they will be good to their word in sorting this out.
  • DatabaseError
    Options
    I've ordered with them in the past, and received it very quickly. And I'm afraid, if it's been lost in the post, then the licence key has to be cancelled, otherwise, there could be some people getting free copies!...
    !

I've been following this thread, wondering if I was the only person that thought this was reasonable..reading this means I'm not :)
    SfS have my money - and I'm not concerned in the least, if it takes an extra day..or week..or month to arrive it's not the end of the world, I've lived without it until now..I can live a little longer!
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure