When 1st MOT due on new car

Options

Comments

• Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    intranix wrote: »
    Afterall, i expect some of you have less than 12 months left ;) till the cars next mot during which next time your car could be much less than road worthy but can drive it "legally" in terms of the MOT, till the next one is due.

Give the girl a break guys.

You cannot drive a car " legally " if it is not roadworthy..period.
  • chris147_2
    Options
    tosca5 wrote: »
    I bought a new car in 02 and had it MOT'd the year after and every year since. Look after your car.

You've waster your money then.

MOT'ing a car that's new every year is pointless as everything should be covered by the servicing.
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    chris147 wrote: »
    Apart from a few not very helpful replies I can't actually see if anyone has responded to your question.

Read post #10 and then book your appointment at Specsavers!

:rolleyes:
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • chris147_2
    Options
    espresso wrote: »
    Read post #10 and then book your appointment at Specsavers!

Yes but rather than posting hyper links to other websites why isn't someone just helpful?

And no one had actually posted directly what the time period was for a new car needing an MOT hence my original post.
  • goldspanners
    goldspanners Posts: 5,910 Forumite
    Options
    Apart from a few not very helpful replies I can't actually see if anyone has responded to your question.

read post number 2 (the very first reply) this gives all the information the op required.
    ...work permit granted!
  • chris147_2
    Options
    Visit to specsavers booked :doh:
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes but rather than posting hyper links to other websites why isn't someone just helpful?

And no one had actually posted directly what the time period was for a new car needing an MOT hence my original post.

Well they did didn't they. The question was answered in post #2 and then corroborated by linking to an external website giving the same information.

:doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    to be fair perhaps the op has never had an 'old' car
    some people never keep a car past 1-2 years so never have to deal with mots.
    custardys old bangers on the other hand see mots as possible death sentences ;)
  • saintjanet
    Options
    intranix wrote: »
    To be fair, an MOT is not proof of road worthyness, and really in terms of law it is nothing but a ticket which the law says you should have.

Afterall, i expect some of you have less than 12 months left ;) till the cars next mot during which next time your car could be much less than road worthy but can drive it "legally" in terms of the MOT, till the next one is due.

Give the girl a break guys.
    Funny thing is i had my own MOT today on my MX5,glad to say it passed,though with 14k on the clock and a service 6 months ago at a cost of £300,i would have been unhappy if it had not.I can honestly say i have only failed one in the last 20 years or so,because if i find a problem it gets put right.

My mate owns a garage,not the one we use,and tells some horror stories of people coming for an MOT WITH LIGHTS THAT DO NOT WORK,KNACKERED BRAKES,BALD TYRES AND LOADS OF OTHER PROBLEMS.They are then really surprised when the car fails!!I think its a bit more than a ticket the law says you should have!!
    :) There are two sides to every story.
    I am not a SAINT just a saints supporter(saints RLFC)Grand final winners 2006.World club champions 2007.
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    saintjanet wrote: »
    My mate owns a garage,not the one we use,and tells some horror stories of people coming for an MOT WITH LIGHTS THAT DO NOT WORK,KNACKERED BRAKES,BALD TYRES AND LOADS OF OTHER PROBLEMS.They are then really surprised when the car fails!!I think its a bit more than a ticket the law says you should have!!

At least that's what the MOT is meant to help protect us all from. A shame some people think it's ok to use poorly maintained cars on the road. If not an MOT fail then surely they'll cause an accident.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure