Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD)

Options

Comments

• biggysmaller
    Options
    I am currently on Three, I am on unlimited data, calls, and texts for £20.00 per month (I had a deal with them a while back!). However I have recently moved and there is little reception at my new place and the Three Intouch app is awful and very unreliable.

So I have asked for my PAC code (painful experience with Three!) and want to move. It has to be a EE based proivder.

How is EE as a provider - are their customer services good? Is there a late payment facility set up like there is with Three?
  • Frozen_up_north
    Options
    How is EE as a provider - are their customer services good? Is there a late payment facility set up like there is with Three?
    Two issues with EE, firstly their SIM only prices are often way over priced, they seem to succumb to existing customers haggling the price down on threatening to leave, not sure about price matching with new customers.

When I last enquired, the staff in a local EE shop didn't understand about call spending caps and avoiding "bill shock", so be careful if switching to EE. Sending text messages saying you are near your limit isn't guaranteed reliable and in any event might be too late. BT use the EE network, as a few others do, so look around.

For info, Three offer an "all or nothing" call spending cap. Data just stops when you reach your limit on Three too.
  • Newusername1
    Options
    Three are offering an unlimited data, unlimited calls and texts for £25. This is the one Ive gone for as I'm massive on data as I don't have broadband. Introductory offer.
  • Newusername1
    Options
    I am currently on Three, I am on unlimited data, calls, and texts for £20.00 per month (I had a deal with them a while back!). However I have recently moved and there is little reception at my new place and the Three Intouch app is awful and very unreliable.

So I have asked for my PAC code (painful experience with Three!) and want to move. It has to be a EE based proivder.

I have only seen unlimited data package by Three offered for £25 so it sounds like you got a good deal.
  • Susan1942
    Susan1942 Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am going to change my phone to Motorola GS. Advised to buy phone £149 from a few places including John Lewis with 2 year guarantee.
    I am with O2 Currently have 300 mb 300 minutes and unlimited texts O2 are
    £192 for phone but monthly cost with
    500 500 minutes and 500 texts at £18 unlimited text would push price £23.
    Can get a deal from Carphone Warehouse with unlimited texts for £18.
    Calculated over 24 months is £432
    I am concerned by SIM only and whether I should move to another provider to get a cheaper SIM only.
    I am concerned whether I would be able to transfer things on my Motorola 3rd generation to the new phone.
    Advice would be appreciated Sue
  • Murielson
    Options
    Just been on uSwitch and they have (uSwitch exclusive) SIM only deal with Plusnet (EE) as recommended deal (limited time offer) and this gives the following for £10 per month:

Unlimited minutes and texts
    5 GB data
    Roaming in 52 countries appears to be included

Deal link below:

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/sim_only_deal/340d8f412814e8981f15069f5131048b11d0837e/
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Murielson wrote: »
    Just been on uSwitch and they have (uSwitch exclusive) SIM only deal with Plusnet (EE) as recommended deal (limited time offer) and this gives the following for £10 per month:

Unlimited minutes and texts
    5 GB data
    Roaming in 52 countries appears to be included

Deal link below:

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/sim_only_deal/340d8f412814e8981f15069f5131048b11d0837e/

Plusnet chop and change their deals online constantly so make you check their other deals to make sure you're getting the one that suits yourself (you can upgrade or downgrade at any time with Plusnet once a member) as it's a rolling monthly deal.

At the moment:

2000 minutes and unlimited texts
    4 GB data
    £9

or

1500 minutes and unlimited texts
    2.5 GB data
    £7

https://www.plus.net/mobile/plans/sim-only
  • ginnza
    ginnza Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Flash sale now on at virgin mobile
    20GB data ,5000 mins and unlimited txt £16

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/sim-only/pay-monthly-sim.html
  • zermattbusby
    Options
    BT (Customers)
    6GB
    U/L Calls - Texts
    £90.00 Amazon Gift Card
    £12.00 P/M

https://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/bt-mobile#4eH0dQ7SpFw:1
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 23 September 2017 at 4:41PM
    Options
    ginnza wrote: »
    Flash sale now on at virgin mobile
    20GB data ,5000 mins and unlimited txt £16
    For that price with 3 you get 30GB data (all of which you can tether) and unlimited mins and texts.
    If you can get the £70 TCB appear to be offering, this makes it £10.17 pm.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure