Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• alkaty87
    Options
    We cancelled a month ago and sky was cut off on sunday, during the month had the usual offers on my sky 60% off for 12 months , but when i went on chat to accept it they said the offer had expired and the best they could do was 50% off for 10 moths which was declined and we were cut off.
    Since sunday my sky has been showing 50% off for 12 months but when you click redeem it went down to 10months.
    On wed clicked on link( left sky in the last 12 months) and there was the offer to get 60% off any bundle which i accepted and got the message we are processing your order and your services will be reactivated in the next few days, this morning still no sky so went on chat to find out why, the advisor said you have not accepted any offers and it would not come back on, he then tried to offer me a 30% discount which was obviously declined, anyway to cut a long story short he eventually gave me 60% off the complete bundle for 12 months which was accepted
  • Liberty1577
    Options
    Happier news today!

I woke up today to find an email offering me free land line rental for a year and a text message from, "sky broadband" saying they were sorry to lose me and to ring them if I have any questions... I'm taking this as a, "lets start negotiating" message.

My my-sky inbox is still empty and these offers aren't listed on any of the, "my offers" links provided by mije1983. I appreciate the links, just confirming in case anyone is interested that this land line offer is only in my email inbox. I'll keep checking the links and various inboxes periodically.

Cheers

Have you contacted them about your phone/bb? Theyve already offered you free line rental and I'm sure if you ring you'll get a bb deal too. As everyone has said, don't let it switch off.

As for tv I reiterate what I said in my last post to you. Use the link thinking of coming back to sky and ask for a deal. No need to actually get cut off or wait for a deal! just tell them you've had an offer or a friend has and you want the same, then see what they offer. You'll probably need to politely decline a few offers til you get what you want. I really don't know why you are waiting and worrying unnecessarily. Worst cast you don't like the offers and you say thank you but I'll go ahead with the cancellation. Then keep waiting. Though this has never failed me, my family or friends for the past few years. Always 50/60% plus credit.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Though this has never failed me, my family or friends for the past few years. Always 50/60% plus credit.

...but looks as if things might have temporarily changed (due to SkyQ new push) - tried again yesterday pm but still no budging from 50% discount for 10 months and no bill credits available - going to leave it now til the day of switch off - and let it go off if that's best offer.:(
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Options
    Quote: Originally Posted by Liberty1577
    Though this has never failed me, my family or friends for the past few years. Always 50/60% plus credit.

...but looks as if things might have temporarily changed (due to SkyQ new push) - tried again yesterday pm but still no budging from 50% discount for 10 months and no bill credits available - going to leave it now til the day of switch off - and let it go off if that's best offer.

My tv went off at midnight and today i checked my online account and i still get the 50% off for 12 months.
    I tried the come back to Sky and left Sky in last 12 months and they both say i have to chat or call and there is no offer showing.
    I done Sky-app and no offers at all.
    On the Sky+HD box on my account i get to the account page but it wont let me get any further as an error keeps coming up no matter what section i go to.
    It seems odd that some posters are getting very very good offers and others not a lot. Maybe thats how they even up the offers across the board.
  • applicationcen
    Options
    Cancelled a week ago after refusing the 50% off for 10 months offer. I have TV Box Sets, Cinema and Sky Go Extra
    It has been costing £27.80 pm. This jumped to £61 for this month in advance:(

OK - so followed the instructions - Log into your mysky account and find the link
    'Left sky in the last 12 months ' make sure it's this link only

There is the 50% off for 12 months - which having had a conversation is the 10 months (not 12) at 50%. THEN that offer disappears and it says error processing your order.

I went through this 2 years ago and got a great deal after the cut off with a 2 boxes (free) the large and the normal Sky box on a multi room deal at £37 pm. Before this ended I called them to say I was unhappy with the price hike and they immediately gave 60% off reducing the cost to £27.80.

It looks like it will have to go through to the TV getting cut off again. So irritating.
  • Liberty1577
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    ...but looks as if things might have temporarily changed (due to SkyQ new push) - tried again yesterday pm but still no budging from 50% discount for 10 months and no bill credits available - going to leave it now til the day of switch off - and let it go off if that's best offer.:(

Interesting, I'm due to cancel my tv again at the end of the month, so will have all this to do again. Looks like it might be more of a battle! I wonder if what package you have has any impact on the deals? Have they offered any Sky Q deals? There's a current Mse code for new customers offering Sky Q, boxes sets, movies and sports for £30 a month. Was hoping they might have something similar to temp us to stay. Otherwise It'll be now tv for a while X
  • jiggy2
    jiggy2 Posts: 470 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

i think the temporary change must have happened at end of September.

I got 60% for 12 months, £50 credit and no contract on TV on 28 September. Since then i have only seen people posting that offers seem to have dropped down to 50% for 10 months and them not budging.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Absolutely nothing new (except the on screen 50% for 10 months) and tv has been off since Thursday.

This is no problem .In fact I haven't even got out the Humax, yet, but I am very disappointed at the phone/bb lack of offer and have ordered PlusNet (due on Friday), but I am concerned by the £30 cease fee they and BT charge to go anywhere but to each other(virtually) , which cuts the cashback value considerably, if you move in 12 months' time.

I would have grabbed the above 'just' free landline offer and stayed , but I only got the free broadband offer ('with Sky +' offer re-offered by post, today) and it's not enough.
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Options
    My tv went off Friday night and all i had showing was 50% for 1 year.
    Tried mysky and still 50% off and had a look on the sky pages and all i clicked on kept saying cant do this online please caal/chat to carry on or very sim to that.
    I clicked on the 50% off and went to chat and she said all i can have is 50% off and if i dont take it sky will then offer me 35% as i have used the 50% off a few times acording to her look at my account. I think i have only had a discount for 4 years in over 15 years.
    I said no to the offer and said i had a 60% offer 2 weeks ago which the chat advisor told me was sent out in error. She replied that that offer was way over the top but she would talk to her boss and get back to me.
    She came back and gave the 60% of and i asked about credit and after 5 mins of sending messages i got £30 which is ok.
    I took the offer and i am happy with that.
  • drummer_290
    Options
    It's been a week since I started the cancellation process and still only had the free landline offer so far. I've got another week until the cut off date so I'll hang on for now and if nothing else comes through I'll use the offer I've got and try to separately obtain broadband and sky q deals on top of it with the relevant departments. I'm only a month into a 12-month sky q contract so I'm not expecting much flexibility there but the broadband could might be able to come down at least.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback