Purple or Blue Debit card with Natwest Select A/C ?

Options

Comments

• limitation
    Options
    ServiceCard 250 was simply put the Offline Debit Card with the £250 Cheque Guarantee Scheme acceptance mark meaning you could issue a cheque up to £250 and the bank would still honour it.

One of the highest around for when the scheme existed.

NatWest must value you highly in relation to internal scoring then...

Thanks for that ! Its a shame the cheque guarantee scheme ended ! Ohh I never knew that ! Banked with them for years.
  • tazbedo
    Options
    I hold a "Current Plus Account" with NatWest (and I have the Blue Visa Debit Card /with no check guarantee signs).. when I opened the account there was some sort of 3-way Credit Check.

I believe I qualified for the 2nd best account available, IE; my Credit score was not good enough for the best account, but it was good enough to not be lumbered with the step/ flex account.

I have held my account for over 2 years now, and I have noticed on my Credit Report, NatWest have put something on there which comes up GREEN saying SATISFACTORY..

..I don't understand why they have done that as I don't have an over-draft facility with them, nor have I borrowed from them.

My credit score is very poor, and NatWest won't let me go even 1 penny over-drawn, eg; if I have 9.99 and go to withdraw 10.00 it will deny it.

HOW CAN I GET THE PURPLE DEBIT CARD? Do I need a good cr score?
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tazbedo wrote: »
    I hold a "Current Plus Account" with NatWest (and I have the Blue Visa Debit Card /with no check guarantee signs).. when I opened the account there was some sort of 3-way Credit Check.

I believe I qualified for the 2nd best account available, IE; my Credit score was not good enough for the best account, but it was good enough to not be lumbered with the step/ flex account.

I have held my account for over 2 years now, and I have noticed on my Credit Report, NatWest have put something on there which comes up GREEN saying SATISFACTORY..

..I don't understand why they have done that as I don't have an over-draft facility with them, nor have I borrowed from them.

My credit score is very poor, and NatWest won't let me go even 1 penny over-drawn, eg; if I have 9.99 and go to withdraw 10.00 it will deny it.

HOW CAN I GET THE PURPLE DEBIT CARD? Do I need a good cr score?

Speak to your branch tell them you want to apply for a full service card...
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • jalexa
    jalexa Posts: 3,448 Forumite
    Options
    tazbedo wrote: »
    I hold a "Current Plus Account" with NatWest (and I have the Blue Visa Debit Card /with no check guarantee signs)..

Are you sure your current (blue) card is not already a full "offline" card? Can you try it at Pay@Pump.

If it is there is no need to "go purple". If your credit score is "very poor" (and why do you say that?) you may not be successful. Watch out though for any account changes or card re-issue.
  • coolesticeking
    Options
    jalexa wrote: »
    Are you sure your current (blue) card is not already a full "offline" card? Can you try it at Pay@Pump.

If it is there is no need to "go purple". If your credit score is "very poor" (and why do you say that?) you may not be successful. Watch out though for any account changes or card re-issue.

Taken from the NatWest Website:
    (http://www.natwest.com/global/visa/common-questions.ashx)

My card does not work in self-service petrol pumps, why is this?
    If your Visa Debit card replaces a Solo card (and begins with the numbers 4751 27 or 4751 28) this cannot be used in unattended Point of Sale terminals. This card type can only be used at a retailer or supplier of services where they can authorise the transaction with us at the time of the transaction being made and self-service terminals, such as those on trains or at petrol pumps, cannot perform such an authorisation.

All Blue Visa Debit Cards come under this number range meaning it's an Online Card and can't be used where authorisation is required.
    David :)
    £1 of debt is too much for me!
  • Toe-Jam
    Toe-Jam Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone else's purple card, ringfence the funds for a day then put it back in your account again to spend until its claimed by the retalier?

Particularly over the weekend ?
  • jen245
    jen245 Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Toe-Jam wrote: »
    Does anyone else's purple card, ringfence the funds for a day then put it back in your account again to spend until its claimed by the retalier?

Yes mine does, it holds it for 48 hours then drops off until the payment is claimed. I dont think this is anything to do with the card though, as it happens on my savings account aswell (which has the blue card)
    Debt free and staying that way! :beer:
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Toe-Jam wrote: »

Yeah my purple debit card does that always has done.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • Toe-Jam
    Toe-Jam Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Options
    stclair wrote: »
    Yeah my purple debit card does that always has done.

pain in the bum that is, whats the point in taking it out for a day.
  • just_about
    Options
    Still no luck in getting the purple card. The branch advisor today told me that I have a their select a/c which is their basic a/c !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So basic a/c does not come with the full service card (just followed what Stclair had said in his earlier post :) ). I was shocked to hear this really and told her that I hold a cheque book with their basic a/c and she looked surprised and told me that I do not have an overdraft that is why i did not have the purple card !!! Serious another advisor at Natwest bites the dust ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure