How much can you save?

Options

Comments

• zag2me
    zag2me Posts: 695 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    250 banked at the end of the month, looking at over 21.5k total now :)

Bring on next years 5k ISA allowance hehe
    Save save save!!
  • LucyTheDwarf
    LucyTheDwarf Posts: 880 Forumite
    Options
    I can't wait!
    Target Cash Net Worth: £25K by January 2012
    Progress
    May-08
    19.0%; May-09 40.0%; May-10 63.0%; May-11 58.4%; Jun-11 58.5%; Jul-11 58.9%; Aug-11 58.7%; Sep-11 59.0%
  • Rose_Crow
    Rose_Crow Posts: 388 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    grn.w.nv wrote: »
    Ah - I seem to be a few days behind you. My money turned up in the Halifax ISA today, but like you, it now says I have £500 left to invest, let me know what happens with yours and whether it sorts itself out :)

Just checked and it's sorted itself out, back to £3600 left to invest :)
    Clutter Free Life 2019
    31 of 172 items decluttered :D
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yeah mine seems to have sorted itself out too! Phew!

Target now: make it to the end of this semester, five weeks after this one, without drawing the interest on the ISA. Approx £55 per week for everything. Should be fiiiine! :)
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • JimLad
    JimLad Posts: 950 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Bit of a hit to my savings today :(

£521.99 to get my car serviced and the cambelt replaced.

With that expence taken into account (even though i dont have to pay till next month, good old credit cards :)) i can only save about £50 this month :(

Its payday today and my new total is £9900 / £20000, almost half way!
    Mortgage Free 22/03/17
    MissWillow is my OH!
  • dippykitty
    dippykitty Posts: 1,138 Forumite
    Options
    JimLad wrote: »
    Its payday today and my new total is £9900 / £20000, almost half way!

Well done! :D You should pass the halfway mark next month then hopefully!
    ISA savings: £25,139 Other Savings: £1750 (tied up in bond)
  • **dancingbutterfly**
    Options
    what a fab thread! may i jump on the savings wagon?! basically me and the oh want to start saving for a deposit for a house.

we are looking for a deposit of at least £20k, we have £10k coming to us next year from a savings plan he set up many moons ago! and we have another £15k coming to us in 2015. but i want a house sooner than that!:D

so i need to save (as quickly as possible!) £10k. at the mo i have a online savings account with barclays which pays something like 3% interest and 5% interest if the money is untouched. (pls dont quote me on the figs!)

ive done the budget planner on here and it says we have £900 left over every month so it shouldnt take me too long!

does anybody have any tips for me? am i better off saving the cash in a different account/isa? i have no idea!:o

thanks!:T
  • dippykitty
    dippykitty Posts: 1,138 Forumite
    Options
    what a fab thread! may i jump on the savings wagon?! basically me and the oh want to start saving for a deposit for a house.

we are looking for a deposit of at least £20k, we have £10k coming to us next year from a savings plan he set up many moons ago! and we have another £15k coming to us in 2015. but i want a house sooner than that!:D

so i need to save (as quickly as possible!) £10k. at the mo i have a online savings account with barclays which pays something like 3% interest and 5% interest if the money is untouched. (pls dont quote me on the figs!)

ive done the budget planner on here and it says we have £900 left over every month so it shouldnt take me too long!

does anybody have any tips for me? am i better off saving the cash in a different account/isa? i have no idea!:o

thanks!:T

No tips at the moment as I'm in a bit of a rush, but just wanted to say welcome to the thread! :D
    ISA savings: £25,139 Other Savings: £1750 (tied up in bond)
  • Rose_Crow
    Rose_Crow Posts: 388 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Having a bit of a naff month myself, had to borrow £250 off my boyfriend for car insurance, which I am paying back this month and next. Also having to fork out for insurance on the horsey car (family car, we all split the cost). Why do these things all happen at once?!

Anyway at least I got £30 from Quidco which has gone back into the short term savings. Once I've paid bf back I'll be back on the wagon.
    Clutter Free Life 2019
    31 of 172 items decluttered :D
  • Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one thats having a *** * month!

Finished the year for uni, last exam was a completely failure and the assignment I did was rubbish so I don't think I am going to pass that module which hopefully won't **** everything up.

Getting close to overdraft limit and I am moving to new house for placement, of course I don't have enough for the rent so will have to borrow the money for a month until I get paid. Hopefully in a couple of months when things have settled I will be able to save loads.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback