Whooaaaaaa! We're half way there Whooooaa! Livin' on a prayer

Options

Comments

• Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    No debt progress to report.

Suffering with hayfever so badly haven't slept for last couple of nights. Head so blocked up today, doing easy jobs in work off this afternoon, cancelled boyfriend visit tonight, Night in watching cheesy film on my todd seems the way forward. Think boyfriend sulking no reply to my text !!

Nothing planned for the weekend, lodger moves out tomorrow. The room will need a coat of paint, and a good clean. She has been here for 9 mths. Be great if I can find another one like her, hardly seen her at all, hibernates in her room most time.

As the weather isn't great forecast for tomorrow plan to start clearing garage out. Can't afford to do a lot this week. Roll on payday next week.

Have a good weekend folks.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Calling14
    Options
    Ok somehow my debt has creeped back up. Mainly house expenditure plus I was watching Glastonbury and saw Robert Plant(Led Zep) decided I have to see him once in my lifetime so bought a ticket for a local gig in November. Sort of a bucket list thing.:beer:

As I have no lodgers at the moment, ordered new internal oak doors today. Well no cost involved for the doors, I work for a house builders in office, but been cleaning the showhouse evenings, deal is I take payment in goods instead.:)
    Just need to pay someone to fit them but will make such a difference to my house as has old doors just like cardboard with dents in. Just doing downstairs next week - excited going to look so smart.

Decided last 12 months have cleared a lot and deserve a TREAT oops.

Back on track for July, been down dumps last few days, boyfriend thing isn't working out, I feel happier when I don't see him. Can't explain what it is. So just going to get my house done up this month and enjoy the summer, without spending if possible.:cool:

Emptying Freezer at moment, so meals will be dull this week. Needs defrosting but hey ho no major food shop needed. I am on a mission:A
    Debt now stands at 6982.84:(
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • SouthernGuy
    SouthernGuy Posts: 175 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear things aren't great with the boyfriend. Us men hey, who needs em! haha :)

Cool about your doors. I've recently moved into an ex local authority house and it has all the original panel hollow doors. I'd love to replace them all with solid oak doors, especially as I haven't re hung the bathroom door yet since decorating it last month. I need to get a chippy in to do it as I need it hung on a roller rather than on hinges so that it doesn't open into the already small bathroom.

Keep smiling :)
  • Calling14
    Options
    Well men have their uses, especially joiners, plumbers, electricians lol. Haven't got rid yet couldn't cope with any more stress yesterday.

Yesterday started off bad and seemed to get worse as the day went on. Had some bad news my sister in law who has cervical cancer now in a hospice and may not last the week.Only diagnosed in Feb, so rapid. Having lost my sister in January (Dementia) and Brother in Law brought everything flooding back so upset last night and had 3yr old grandson who was so overtired and whinging, together with I had toothache - bad night.:(

Anyway today feel brighter, looks as due to changing my mortgage over this month to a 5yr fixed deal, I don't pay July's payment. Not that I don't trust Building Societies but will keep the cash in my bank anyway, even though a haircut would be great. :j

Off this afternoon, picking up my new door handles, and clearing a space in garage for the doors - major task. Better to lie them down flat apparently.

Ran out of wine and as it is my independence day tomorrow - 5yrs of freedom and living in my wee house will celebrate.:beer::cool:
  • Calling14
    Options
    Well doors arrived a week early, so grumpy delivery driver had to wait whilst I cleared space for them. Excited going to look so cool, handles are awesome.

Been in my house today 5yrs and will be celebrating my freedom with asda curry and wine later. May even get some coffee cake, stress off my shoulders when I got my house was immense.

Today paid off 161.00 off credit cards. So in a bubbly mood.

Weekend mood tad early
    Put off boyfriend dumpage not seeing him this weekend, if he wants to spoil me in the week, with meal out we shall see could reconsider his future hehe.
  • Calling14
    Options
    :jWell decided to remove temptation of spending and make an extra payment of 200.00.
    Bringing my total down to 6621.84:j
  • Calling14
    Options
    Well feeling very sad my lovely sister in law passed away yesterday. only diagnosed with ovarian cancer in February this year. Struggling to cope with work today.

Need to paint door frames with Gloss when I get home, worst job ever and somehow keep the dog away from them, doors being fitted this week.

Hoping the funeral isn't until next week, long drive 3hrs or more each way, so may need to stay somewhere overnight as well.

Giving myself a few weeks off debt busting but will still ramble away on here,
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So,sorry to hear this, take care of yourself x
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • Calling14
    Options
    Thanks dawnybabes. Life can be tough at times. x
  • SouthernGuy
    SouthernGuy Posts: 175 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear this Calling14 :-( be sure to look after yourself and yes I agree you should take timeout from debt busting for now.

xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport