PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2017 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Options

Comments

• Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    After sorting through the bedside cabinet,I started on a couple of bags of stuff waiting ( in decluttered front room),for donation.
    Then I drove 3 bags of stuff to the charity shop.These contained:
    600:packet of Winnie-the-Pooh thank you cards
    601:cube puzzle
    602:bouncy ball
    603-604:2 books
    605:another packet of thank you cards
    606:Dory swimming goggles,still in packaging
    607:fairy blanket
    608-610: 3 cookbooks for weaning/toddlers
    611:steady cup
    612-638:kid's clothes
    639-667:bag of rags:kids clothes in no state to sell,my clothes with bleach stains from working,outgrown underpants.....just realised I also meant to donate my mahoosive montain of odd socks.Next time....

When I got home,I photographed a few toys (from the cupboard of doom :o) that I will eventually get around to listing for sale.

Tonight I did a job I have been meaning to do for a while: sort out my small shelving unit of clothes.It is only a small unit (3 shelves,about 1 metre across.)Everything is just shoved inside.TOnight I divided it into sections for t-shirts,trousers for work,trousers for home,jumpers for work and home,and going out clothes.Looks lovely.I set aside a few clothes to donate and rag,will count those when they go out.

Because there is no room on the shelves,my underwear and socks sit in boxes ontop of the shelving unit.I took each box,folded socks Kondo-style,so they are no longer over-flowing the box.Looks lovely.Underwear was decluttered a little,sorted (not Kondo).I desperately need to buy new bras (last done 4 years ago),so tonight I researched a couple of charities that take used bras.WHen I have bought replacements,I will sent them off.

I am really in the mood to have another day off tomorrow,and continue blitzing this house.Unfortunately my customers might not be impressed with that.Neither might my bank balance :o.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• Fruittea
    Fruittea Posts: 956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You're doing so well Saver-Upper - it's great to get so much done. I had a bit of a go on the packed up boxes yesterday - I now have 3 empty boxes and all my cookery and gardening books are back on the shelves and in the right place.
    Here's my update:
    535 – recycled 10 old non working solar lights
    536 – Glass vase – CS
    537 – Paperweight – CS
    565 – Books – CS
    566 – Seed rack – front gate
    I'll be trying to Ebay some clothes later on - well hopefully.
  • jillybarchester
    Options
    I am helping my daughter declutter and we have started with her loft space. I've now got 6 bin bags of clean/near perfect soft toys in my living room. All the soft toys that were marked CE have gone to my very grateful charity shop but I now need to know what to do with the rest. Amongst them are teddy bears and Walt Disney toys that have just stood on a shelf - never ever been cuddled. Please don't tell me that I have to take them to the local tip!! Suggestions please?
  • gemmajenkins0208
    Options
    I am helping my daughter declutter and we have started with her loft space. I've now got 6 bin bags of clean/near perfect soft toys in my living room. All the soft toys that were marked CE have gone to my very grateful charity shop but I now need to know what to do with the rest. Amongst them are teddy bears and Walt Disney toys that have just stood on a shelf - never ever been cuddled. Please don't tell me that I have to take them to the local tip!! Suggestions please?

You could offer them on one of the facebook selling sites? I'm sure there are little girls(and boys!) out there who would love some extra teddies to cuddle :o
  • cherie1122
    cherie1122 Posts: 489 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've sometimes seen them advertised on Freecycle.
  • gemmajenkins0208
    Options
    All rubbish gone out for weekly collection tomorrow. Some OOD food from the fridge and cupboards and the remnants of mums birthday cake eaten, board binned and airtight tub it was in washed and put away.

We have finally been allowed to collect the possessions that belonged to my grandad that he left for us. My brother is currently sorting out the area where his desk is as he's having my grandads old desk, he is also having my grandads old laptop. My dad is having my grandads old office chair(a very expensive, very high quality chair) and i will have my dads old chair.

Oh and one of the items on the sell pile is being collected tomorrow :D
  • Saver-upper
    Options
    Fruittea wrote: »
    You're doing so well Saver-Upper - it's great to get so much done.

Thank you Fruittea.Yes,I love big marathon sessions like that.As long as I don't drift onto the computer (checking emails,lurking here,etc),,then I can get alot done.Such a feeeling of satisfaction after days like those.

Tonight:
    668:sorted out the "little messes"( in front room and bedroom) that resulted from yesterday's whirlwind blitz-papers put away,mostly

When I was sorting out my socks and undies yesterday,I realised I had another box of not-used-for-years bras in the shelving unit at the top of the stairs.Tonight I emptied the box-several pairs of tights set aside for the rag-bag to go to charity (they must be very old,cos I haven't worn tights since I stopped working to have my first child 15 years ago :eek:).I also found a couple of pairs of knee-highs and footlets,which I put in my newly-organised boxes.The bras (12 !!),hardly worn,I will donate to Smalls for All.Will count them out when they go.

Emptied a bag of random stuff:
    669:very old mobile phone box/instructions/warranty papers out for recycling
    I also found a very old mobile (probably about 10years) and 3 chargers to fit it.Turns out those chargers also fit my current phone,so will put them in my box of chrgers,because my kids are always borrowing/temporarily losing my chargers,so these will be very handy.

From same bag I also found
    670:old Christmas cards -recycled
    671:old booklet of Christmas stickers-thought about keeping these for 8yo,but binned instead.
    672:lots of children's drawings set aside to file tomorrow.
    673:bundle of receipts for 4 kid's school uniforms from September 2013-shredded.I did,however,keep the receipt for son's first secondary school uniform.No real reason,but these are the sorts of things I keep :o

Things I put back into the bag because I couldn't be bothered mking decisions about,included a child's book of drawings,lots of loose pages of drawing,and 4 pairs of Heeleys wheel removers icon_rolleyes.gif.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• gemmajenkins0208
    Options
    The lady came for the item I was selling, so that's a small space on the landing recovered :D

My brother has finished sorting out his desk area ready for my granddads desk being delivered on Saturday and he's on about getting rid of another piece of furniture in his room altogether.

I have listed a couple other furniture items that are taking up space on our landing and I still have the box from the new monitor I bought a few weeks ago but it's recycling next week so I'll get rid of that then :)

I literally cannot wait until tomorrow evening as dad has said I can take his office chair which means I can get rid of my old, cheap, shot one :rotfl:

He won't go on his computer at night so I can take it up tomorrow evening instead of waiting until Saturday morning :D
  • purplevamp
    purplevamp Posts: 10,327 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 23 March 2017 at 5:46PM
    Options
    purplevamp wrote: »
    56-62) 6 videos (ebay :T)
    63) CD (Amazon)
    64) Really old duvet
    65) Really old pillow
    66) Soap dish (really old but perfectly fine until DS2 dropped it this morning :cool:)

67-68) 2 pairs of old dead shoes
    69) Dried up hairband
    70-72) 3 baby cardigans (ebay)
    73-78) 6 Cook books (ebay)
    79) Shower gel bottle, had been hanging around since last year (decanted last bit into new one, had to wait as it was a lynx one and didn't want it in my pretty lady one :rotfl:)
    80) Chipped glass chopping board
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039
    Now: £92,275.21 Jul 2037
    Swagbucks ~ £100 (2023 ~ £355)
    Surveys ~ £79.56 (2023 ~ £344.20)
    Make £2024 in 2024 #35 ~ £246.61 ~ (2023 ~ £2,224.70)
  • Saver-upper
    Options
    This morning I had a couple of hours to fill in between dropping kids to school,and going to work,and I was itching to continue sifting through bags of mostly papers (though sometimes other surprises do pop up :D).

In the first bag I emptied,I found:
    674:crushed box containing most,but not all of, the pieces of a Marvin's Make and Create magic kit.I had peeked at this kit a few weeks ago,but really couldn't be bothered sorting out if all the fiddly pieces were there.They weren't ,and the kit was 100percent cardboard and paper,so all recycled.
    675:envelope of mail forwarded to me from the parental homestead.I was a bit lazy here-put all the letters in my "to be filed" pile,so they will be looked at again,and binned the envelope

From a folder of papers,I decluttered:
    676: a 16 year old notebook,with notes (not diary) of holiday to Egypt preperations,to do lists,exchange rates,etc.It also included notes on books about pregnancy,books to read one day,my weight.....Binned (not my weight :o)
    677:expired Tesco vouchers.Lots of money thrown away right there :eek: (it is possible I spent it online for Christmas,but don't think so)

I need to go through that folder again,because it still has cards from the children in it,so will sort those another time.

678: From another folder, I got rid of a bundle of papers.It also included a whole lot of home-made cards that my kids made for their cousins and grandparents (my parents) in Australia,for Christmas 2012 :eek:.Never posted.My dad died Nov 2015,and I can't bring myself to throw these out now.Not sure what to do with them now,especially as I guess the kids would have always thought I had got around to posting them :o.

I put together a couple of bags to take to charity.This afternoon I donated:
    679:a cook-book
    680:kid's jumper
    681:pr of jeggings,never worn
    682:old jumper of mine
    683-684:2 satchels

And for the rag bag:
    685-695:11 pairs of tights
    696-697:2 pairs trousers
    698-702:5 t-shirts
    703-708:6 pairs of socks
    709-712:4 pairs underpants
    713-718:6 remnants of fabric