PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Tues 28th Oct 08

Options

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Shepherd Spy and apple pie are made, and waiting to be cooked (timing has to be right for Mr LW's lunch at 1pm, as he's working from home today) and bread rolls are in the airing cupboard, rising.

We have to visit Morrisons when Mr LW finishes at 3.30 - not looking forward to that, but it has to be done.
    Icewytch have a Happy Birthday.:bdaycake:

JackieO congratulations; it's great to see the back of the hospital for a year, isn't it?:o

Snowy I hope Dylan is having a better day today; I really feel for you at this time.:cry:

I've been getting to grips with the household accounts; there are a couple of annual standing orders that will be due soon, so have earmarked the money on the spreadsheet so that we don't spend it elsewhere.

Both of us are wrapped up in fleeces today, as it's so perishin' cold. Even the ravens pecking at the neighbour's bin bags this morning looked chilly!

Keep warm'n'well everyone.:D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • wannabe_sybil
    Options
    Good morning.

The Health Visitors seemed to think that little bear was not too bad, in that they gave me lots of information and watched him hurtling round relentlessly. They said he was obviously understanding what they said and that he made good eye contact. They didn't see the young rascal flirting in the newsagents a few weeks ago!

Somebody is going to come round and take me to the mums and tots group. I feel like I am being put in a taxi to go to school because I am a naughty girl. I don't feel really comfortable with it, but I suppose I shall just have to buck up.

I was extremely poorly after taking the antidepressant last night. Little bear started surfacing around 6am, but when I tried to get out of bed I couldn't. I managed to crawl to dear heart for him to take over. I know that there are lots of people on here who can identify with how awful that feels. Fortunately little bear woke up singing happily and not being sick like he was last night. Dear heart is not having his usual night out tonight.

I could sit here and enumerate all the ways I feel bad about the last two days but Lady Sybil Ramkin would do no such thing, so I shall be making all the lists for Christmas, ordering any presents needed, trying to get through some paperwork (I think my paperwork can best be described by the term 'blast radius') and knitting scarves to sell on ebay because today I am only doing things that I can do sitting down, unless it is for little bear. If nothing else I shall concentrate on knitting, because that is easy.

I shall also be thinking about possibilities for tea. Baked potatoes with something are looking extremely likely!
    Ankh Morpork Sunshine Sanctuary for Sick Dragons - don't let my flame go out!
  • wannabe_sybil
    Options
    I meant also to say

Icewytch - happy birthday!

Thank you for all the support you gave yesterday. It really did keep me going.

Hugs to all.
  • Money_saving_Diva_2
    Options
    Hi all

I had a horrible day yesterday. I fell and couldn't get up due to having bad knees and though I tried I just ended up pulling my arm etc so my OH had to call the ambulance crew to help me. I felt really stupid, but I have to say the ambulance guys were fabulous. Neither of them a day under 50 I would say but they were both so sweet and one of them hugged me cos by the time they arrived I had tried with my OH twice to get up and failed and was feeling shaky and in pain so when they got here I ended up in tears. They were really sweet. Once I was back up on a chair I was fine again, but my knees hurt like hell and my arm feels like someone pulled it out of the socket. Today walking is really painful.

It's a shame 'cos today we are finally getting rid of the enormous tree stump we have in the garden. JCB has been here since 0800 plus neighbours with chain saws. I didn't sleep well due to being in pain and the noise woke me from the little sleep I was having so am very very tired. yawn3.gif My OH (and my knees) won't let me go downstairs so I haven't been able to watch any of it, but he has been taking pics on the digicam, so I will be able to 'see' it that way.
    hapbirth.gifIcewytch!
    Jorgan - sorry to hear about your gran *hugs* honey
    Pollys and Cheapskate - great to have you here with us again
    JackieO - Really pleased that you have been discharged for a year - that is fabulous newsblissysmile.gif

Sybil - still thinking of you and hoping you are doing Ok today. Your description of your vets visit with Evil cat just had me in stitches.. I think every cat owner on here has been thru that experience!!
    Snowy - my heart breaks for you - such a horrible time for you.hugs.gif

Sorry it's all been gossip and not OS though I guess offering the logs to my neighbours for their open fire counts! I won't be cooking today at all but we have cold chicken for sandwiches for lunch (HM bread) and toad in the hole for dinner - my OH made yorkshire puddings for the first time on Sunday and now he has mastered the batter he wants to try it again. Using sausages from the freezer to use them up.
    smileyhug.gifto everyone who needs them today and congrats to anyone celebrating anything.

Diva.x
    To be frugal, you need to spend money wisely, simply spending less is not enough.
    If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best...
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.
  • Bargain_Rzl
    Bargain_Rzl Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

It's tricky to keep up with people's as I don't post that often any more, but I have been reading the threads today and yesterday and from what I can remember:

Icewytch - happy birthday :bdaycake:
    JackieO - :j :j :j :j :T :T :T :T
    Jorgan, SnowyOwl, MsD, sybil - :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

redruby: an unbirthday present is now in the post and on its way to you ;)

I had a horrible cold for most of last week and was off work on Thursday - should really have been off on Friday as well but had a presentation to prepare for Monday, so couldn't really not go in. (The presentation didn't go too badly, considering I am really phobic about doing them. My boss handily forgot to mention until afterwards that I am going to have to deliver the presentation to another 7 groups over the coming months - I thought it was all done and dusted :o :mad:)

What with being alternately ill and busy, I haven't got a lot done lately, and my flat is a tip, so I need to use some of my free evenings this week to sort it out. My laundry basket is at that stage of containing all my wearable work clothes. Also, even if most of my flat is a junk tip, I don't like the kitchen and bathroom not to be clean and tidy. I can't see my kitchen surfaces at the moment :eek: but at least it's a quick and easy job to clear them up - one of the advantages of having a dishwasher!

I've been aiming to leave the heating off until November but I have a sneaking suspicion it might be going on this evening.

This evening I am going to make (a variation on) Jamie Oliver's bacon and pea pasta from the Ministry of Food website. I was going to make it yesterday but forgot to buy the creme fraiche :doh: so I reheated a portion of last week's fish pie instead - also an MoF recipe :D. I'm going to buy the cookbook this Friday when the Book People next come to my office.

Going out to the opera with my dad on Thursday (cheap tickets - £20 each in the dress circle :D), then going to a concert given by a good friend on Saturday, and singing in one on Sunday :j

Need to get four unfinished opera reviews out of the way this evening, which will leave tomorrow as an evening with no plans or obligations - bliss!

Must get on with work now!

Love Rzl xx :wave:
    :)Operation Get in Shape :)
    MURPHY'S NO MORE PIES CLUB MEMBER #124
  • SassyMoneySaver
    Options
    Hello all. Hope everyone is doing well. Cold but sunshiny here in Bristol and I am off out with the kids for the day. made our own packed lunches . got them all to choose their own fillings and pack a little lunch box each so hopefully they won't complain about not having burgers when out.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :bdaycake: ICEWYTCH:j
    Morning all:)
    Gosh it's freezing here today, was meant to be going for a walk with my friend but i'm staying put and sortin the sty out.Haven't done any housework since Dad died so it's a real mess:eek: :eek:
    Will be making soup of some sort and having freezer surprise/shock for tea.Am really skint cos of now work so will be scrimping this week:o
    HUGGLES to all in need:A
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Diva I'm really sorry to read about your fall. I think you should put OS on hold and concentrate on getting better after it; do you know what caused it? :confused: Anyway, take care of yourself, and have OH do the running about.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • natzini
    natzini Posts: 561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all
    Popping in again because the workman is late.... by more than 2 hours! I have loads more to do today, grr. Gotta get my car checked over, new bulb fitted etc before the MOT tomorrow. Hurry up workman!

Un sou est un sou
  • wannabe_sybil
    Options
    Money Saving Diva - I do hope you are feeling alright. A fall shakes you up far more that just a bruise. I am glad that the ambulance men were nice to you. After all - you deserve it. I hope this will make you laugh, as I found it hilarious at the time. I fell downstairs a few years back and dislocated both shoulders. I landed face down and couldn't get up and when dear heart rang the GP the GP suggested that if I have fallen and couldn't get up then perhaps an ambulance might be more appropriate. Well, I will not deny that is was very painful, but at that time we were possessed by three cats and one of the paramedics was extremely allergic to cats. Indeed, I think that they were in a worse state than me getting into the ambulance. Of all the social embarrassments - and of course the cats were all over the poor lady and her face was swelling up as I watched. I hope Treacle is being suitably supportive.

I am not sure if I am allowed, so I shall be very naughty and say that this is my address for the first entry in my blog http://wannabesybil.blogspot.com ! So I shall be able to witter on there and put serious, Old Style, stardrops related items on here. I shall try and get it on my profile, when I feel a little more grounded. Of course I shall remove it as soon as I realise it shouldn't be there. I feel so wicked.

Actually still struggling, but bucking up!

Very cold here, so I am about to go and find a nice warm sweater and do some of the knitting I have promised myself to do. I actually enjoy knitting, and find it very therapeutic.

Thank you again to all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure