Reclaim CPP article discussion

Options

Comments

• nicavecmini
    nicavecmini Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 1 May 2014 at 6:44PM
    Options
    I sent off the form a while back, taking more than a little inspiration from the templates on here. I came home today to find a cheque for £215 sat on the doormat! Hurrah!
  • Southernbell
    Southernbell Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I disagree, mainly in contacting FOS who can do nothing-but also because it is only the CPP scheme which will be sending the cheque.

Anyway, if you feel that all this extra complaining activity will speed the resolution then by all means continue.

If you read my linked thread, you'll see that I had to write direct to the CEO of HSBC before a speedy resolution to my problem. I was waiting far longer than you have before I resorted to that, however.

How negative your comments can appear to be! I feel sure this Forum is not just about you and how you like to impose your opinions on others here who have had different experiences and may have achieved a better outcome in a different way. Surely the Forum is for posting relevant queries and comments to help other in a positive way?
  • Peewit
    Peewit Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Just wanted to say I have today received a cheque for £234 after filling in and sending off my CPP claim form in March. Had I not read your posts about how easy it was I would probably not have bothered, so thank you!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Surely the Forum is for posting relevant queries and comments to help other in a positive way?
    It's also for dispelling mis-information.

You have posted that you complained to basically the wrong people, how is it "negative" to give the correct information?

As I said, if you feel that all this extra complaining activity will speed the resolution then by all means continue. I'm just telling you that such extra actions will make no difference.

I notice that this thread has far far more posts simply stating that cheques have been received. The posts which are the most "negative",however, seem to be those accusing CPP of incompetence etc.
  • GBSouthYorks
    Options
    Posted three forms for my sister and I at the beginning of March, we received three cheques today totalling over £800 between us! Have never tried to do anything like this before, thought it would be too much hassle. How wrong was I, if you think you qualify don't hesitate.:j
  • Rotti
    Rotti Posts: 232 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 May 2014 at 8:35AM
    Options
    It's also for dispelling mis-information.

You have posted that you complained to basically the wrong people, how is it "negative" to give the correct information?

As I said, if you feel that all this extra complaining activity will speed the resolution then by all means continue. I'm just telling you that such extra actions will make no difference.

I notice that this thread has far far more posts simply stating that cheques have been received. The posts which are the most "negative",however, seem to be those accusing CPP of incompetence etc.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)

Well spotted re. the posts and yes there are many people very happy about their refunds but surely it is natural for people with concerns or problems to look to forums for others with similar problems? And to be met with a constant barrage of sanctimonious negative comments is not helpful. You are giving incorrect information yourself telling everyone to go to the ombudsman when that should be a last resort after receiving a final response from the bank. I don't think it should necessarily be up to the ombudsman to sort out the bank's problems and there is plenty of room for healthy debate and some people power in the meantime. We call it "squeaky gate syndrome" - the one that makes the most annoying noise gets the treatment the fastest.

And let's face it, without the problems this would be a very boring thread indeed made up of "I got x and my husband got y and we are very happy".
  • tux900
    tux900 Posts: 410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rotti wrote: »
    We call it "squeaky gate syndrome" - the one that makes the most annoying noise gets the treatment the fastest

Squeeky wheel... :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 4 May 2014 at 8:36AM
    Options
    You are giving incorrect information yourself telling everyone to go to the ombudsman
    I have told you to go to the Ombudsman if you remain dissatisfied with the response you have received. This is in line with the agreed financial complaints procedure detailed here;
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
    I have at no time advocated everyone going to the Ombudsman
    without the problems this would be a very boring thread indeed made up of "I got x and my husband got y and we are very happy".
    I agree it's already a very repetitive thread, as the vast majority are indeed "very happy" at the outcome of their complaints.

Thanks again for your contributions to the thread.
  • IrishCath
    IrishCath Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    With the help of the template letter I too like many others received £272.:):D

Thanks for all the help available on this site. Much appreciated .
    Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear from Cpp.;):T

Cath
  • LadyRas
    LadyRas Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hello All
    I discovered that I had CPP before 2005 so I wasn't part of the scheme. I wrote to the bank using the template letter and to my surprise I was telephoned within 7 days with an offer of redress. I explained in my letter that I was unable to provide bank statements, as in this instance as at the time I took out the policy payment was only accepted by Visa or MasterCard. With hindsight I now realise what a damn cheek the bank had to insist on this. Fortunately I found some old documentation which showed this requirement printed on the Direct Debit form. I urge you to write to your bank. I was paying for the policy for longer than I knew. I hope that my experience encourages someone to take action. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure