2 FOR 1 London days out loophole

Options

Comments

• marmite0
    marmite0 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, we have some friends visiting us in London soon (2adults+2kids) - I've been reading up about the 2for1 offers and it states that each person must hold a train ticket. The problem is that they will be using travelcards (which site says ok) - but from April 2nd kids travel for free and won't have tickets...

So where does that leave them as far as the 2for1 offers go??

>Only one discount voucher may be used per household at each venue/attraction during the validity of this promotion.

Also, the above is from the T&C - does it mean that they would only be able to get 1 free ticket out of 4 ??

Thanks in advance.
  • p00pieb0tt0m
    p00pieb0tt0m Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just come back from London. Used 2 for 1 vouchers at Tower of London, London Dungeons and Science Museum(new Pixar exhibition) and was not asked once for train ticket.
  • malcolmwilliamson
    Options
    If so were you asked to be show rail tickets?
  • capcrackers
    Options
    I cant access the vouchers on 2for1? anyone else have problems?
  • warmasice
    warmasice Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    dam, the site doesnt seem to work. seems like theyre having some database .asp errors. when i did finally manage to submit my form i didn't receive an email confirmation/voucher.
  • monty100
    monty100 Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    Keep trying Warmasice - I tried yesterday as well, and it wouldn't let me register, but later on in the evening I finally managed it by filling in the form at 'claim your voucher' button. This then allowed me to select my vouchers which I printed off. Taking the kids to see Blood Brothers on Saturday - 4 stalls tickets (£45 each) for £96!!! :T What a great website find. :T :j
    Taking control, slowly.:rotfl: :rotfl:
  • anto999
    anto999 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    http://www.london2for1.com/ does work for 2 for 1 offers. Yesterday, my friend used the vouchers for Tower of London.
    But, I have two queries here :
    1. If the FAQ section, go thru Help , it mentions usage of Oyster card if you have a valid travel card on the oyster and proof of travel card. Can this be confirmed or has anyone used this.
    2. Does 2 for 1 offer work for London Eye ..or anyone aware of any London Eye 2 for 1 or any such offer
  • Nicholas
    Nicholas Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

Was hoping to use the 2 for 1 offer sometime over the last weekend of the month, the bank holiday weekend, but was looking at the terms and conditions and it says not available over the bank holiday weekend except at the discretion of the attraction.

I was hoping to go the the Cabinet Offices and War Room and The Tower of London.

Has anyone successfully used these vouchers during the early May bank holiday weekend or Easter?
  • timmo44
    timmo44 Posts: 244 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    buzwad wrote:
    Hi All,

this 2-for-1 deal is a great idea, but don't trust what it says on the london.gov.uk website! My fiancée and I took a day off work to take advantage of this and when we showed our travelcards at the London Eye, we were told that the 2-for-1 deal was only for Oyster card holders.

Even though I showed them a print out from Ken Livingstone's website (which states that any bus or train ticket will do), they did not budge saying that it was an Oyster deal ONLY! :mad:

I've emailed Ken to change his website but the BA staff at the Eye told us we weren't the first people to turn up only to be disappointed by the misinformation.

I think the TfL site does specify the fact that an Oyster card is required. What I find ironic is that my fiancée has an Oyster card, but since we don't start our journey at a tube stop (we're in zone 6), she couldn't have bought a travelcard on it even if she wanted to!

It's a good deal, but just beware of the conflicting info!
    Buzwad

You could always go and get an Oyster Card from any tube... It costs £3 which is a deposit which you can get refunded by taking it back to any tube once your 'flight' is over. I assume they didn't actually have an oystercard reader at the Eye!
    BE NICE - IT'S FREE!
  • Nicholas
    Nicholas Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nicholas wrote:
    Hi,

Was hoping to use the 2 for 1 offer sometime over the last weekend of the month, the bank holiday weekend, but was looking at the terms and conditions and it says not available over the bank holiday weekend except at the discretion of the attraction.

I was hoping to go the the Cabinet Offices and War Room and The Tower of London.

Has anyone successfully used these vouchers during the early May bank holiday weekend or Easter?

Anyone?.............
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport