IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN in Poole, UK CPM, DRP Ltd, Gladstones, County Court Papers received

Options

Comments

• Brain$torm
    Brain$torm Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Just got back from court, the judge struck out the case, due to the less than sparse particulars. :D

Another victory!! :j

Thank you for all the help and support :T
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Brain$torm wrote: »
    Just got back from court, the judge struck out the case, due to the less than sparse particulars. :D

Well done :T

The parking prankster would be pleased to hear from you

Please give us a brief account of the sparse particulars on here

As it was Gladstones, nobody will be surprised at the incompetence
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

When it's all sunk in, would you mind providing a bit more detail about what the judge said, what the PPC's rep said, who attended on behalf of the claimant, who the judge was, etc? We can be like baying wolves once we get a scent of PPC blood! :)

Were you awarded costs by the judge?

Well done on your win. :T
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Brilliant news, well done.

As above would love to have a report of how it all unfolded in court and what the judge said. We'll then use your case to help others.

As BG says you can also send this to pranky, he'll love this!

Are you sure the judge "struck out" the claim or was it "dismissed"?
  • Brain$torm
    Options
    Yes, he struck it out. I'll tell more later.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 June 2017 at 8:44PM
    Options
    Hi, I have read through the newbie thread, tried to get my head around the relevent parts, still a bit confused, so now I'm starting my own thread. I'm trying to help my friend sort out this major issue, I'd be grateful for any advice / guidance.

My friend's a carer, and on the day in question, she was with her disabled client. She parked in a spot outside a shop on Ashley Road in Poole.

Her client cannot walk on uneven surfaces unaided, so she helped her to walk to the shop next door to the one she parked outside.

It's a busy high street, there's no parking anywhere and she didn't see the parking sign on the door as it isn't very clear, it's at the bottom of the door, with signs above and to the side of it. It doesn't stand out.

She was parked there for approximately 10 minutes. Whilst sitting in the shop, waiting for her client, she saw a man walk out of the shop next door and take a photo of her car. After her client had finished, they both walked into the shop to ask why he had taken the picture. The man pointed to the sign on the door, explaining that she couldn't park there.

My friend's client went on to explain about her disability and that she cannot walk unaided, he said it was too late as he already sent the picture to the parking company and there was nothing he could do. I personally think that's a load of crap though, and there was plenty he could have done, if he wanted.

I have paperwork from UK Car Park Management, Debt Recovery Plus Ltd, Gladstones Solicitors and now County Court Papers

I am going to dispute the full claim and write a defence statement for her, I'm just not quite sure where to start.

Well done! :T

I am quoting the above to remind us all what this case was about, when you came here six months ago. I remember this one well, a sign hidden above the kick-plate at the bottom of a random door of a nearby shop, of all places, not near the kerb, on what looks like public highway (road) and the sign was totally unreadable by its positioning, in fact impossible to even see.

Fraudulent, possibly. Unfair business practice, failing the Consumer Rights Act 2015 test of 'Transparency' in contracts, definitely. Something for a formal complaint to Trading Standards, I would say.

Please tell us about the day, a ''court report'' from the defendant and how they felt/what happened.

Looks like Bournemouth - claim no. C2GF3X6K/2 ?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • richy4
    richy4 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    Bump...would love to hear how this went in Court please
  • Brain$torm
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Really sorry it's taken a while to get back to you all.

Anyway, back on subject.....

The decision letter from the court came through the other day, it reads as follows:

It is ordered that the Claiment' case be struck out pursuant to CPR 3.4 (2) (c) the Claiment having failed to comply with CPR 16.4 and the practise direction thereto.

Ordinary costs were awarded, loss of earnings and fuel costs of £111.20. Further costs [FONT=&quot]pursuant to Civil Procedure Rule 27.14(2)(g) were not. I tried to argue for the additional costs, but, the judge went against it.

When we got to the court in June, similar to the first hearing, the Claiment's rep tried to engage in conversation with us. I told him that we wouldn't say anything to him unless it's infront of a judge. He then tried to give me some notes, the full IPC Code of Practice and other case papers. I told him that we both know they should've already been sent to us and that I wasn't accepting them.

In the court room, the judge explained how the proceedings would follow. He then asked me if I'd like him to look into the point I had raised that the Particulars of Claim did not meet the requirements of Practice Direction 16 7.5 referenced by Practice Direction 3A. I said "yes I would." After reading out passages from a couple of very thick books, he then read out the particulars of claim that he had, the only words on there were "parking charges", the rest were dots, dashes and numbers. The Claiment's rep was asked to explain how these Particulars did meet the requirements and why the case shouldn't be struck out. We then argued why they didn't. More passages from the thick books were read out by the judge, the decision to strike it out was then made.

[/FONT]
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds like fun, the Judge was clearly on your side in this case - well done!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Well done you. :T:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport