BT Broadband, Phone and TV cashback deal

Options

Comments

• zolablue25
    zolablue25 Posts: 1,652 Forumite
    edited 7 May 2017 at 9:36AM
    Options
    I ordered BT Infinity 1 (with eve and weekend calls) on 21st March, it went live on 4th April. I went through Quidco (£100 cashback).

I have today received my £200 prepaid reward Mastercard.

Fibre broadband for £9/pm (taking into account cashback and reward card), nice! I was paying £18.99 to Sky for 17mb before i switched! The BT speed is also excellent (I get 50mb consistently, 9mb upload). Overall, v satisfied.
    Does the Quidco link take you to BT's offer page then? Didn't think you would be able to get both. Great deal if you can.

Edit: Oh yeah, so you can. That is a great deal.
  • ghost_rider
    ghost_rider Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mouse10 wrote: »
    I signed up for Bt Infinity on the £150 pre paid MasterCard and £50 cash back 15/4/17. It went live yesterday and I went to claim vis My BT and it says I am not eligible to claim. I followed the link from MSE which took me to BT .com and complied with the instructions given. Phoned Bt to query it and they admit its a mistake regarding the MasterCard and I should get it. BT deny any knowledge of the cash back offer. I didn't keep a screen shot of the deal and don't know where to find proof of it as the deal has now ended. Anyone else had a problem with this?

I have exactly the same problem! I thought I'd saved the email that it was sent, but deleted it at some point.
  • snook
    snook Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I signed up for Bt Infinity on the £150 pre paid MasterCard and £50 cash back 15/4/17. It went live yesterday and I went to claim vis My BT and it says I am not eligible to claim. I followed the link from MSE which took me to BT .com and complied with the instructions given. Phoned Bt to query it and they admit its a mistake regarding the MasterCard and I should get it. BT deny any knowledge of the cash back offer. I didn't keep a screen shot of the deal and don't know where to find proof of it as the deal has now ended. Anyone else had a problem with this?

Signed up to the same deal, same day, and same result it said I am not eligible to claim, (Broadband is now live),so looks like I will have to contact BT, Did you call a particular number/department? or just customer services?
    When I try to claim the cashback it asks me for an order number beginning with AJM, but mine starts with BTC, did anyone else have the same problem, or find a solution? Love to hear from anyone about this
  • snook
    snook Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Apologies, first paragraph was the original post from Mouse10.
  • OnlyAlan
    OnlyAlan Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    Like others here, I signed-up for the recent BT deal (£150 mastercard and £50 cashback). Soon after I saw Martin on TV saying what a great deal it had been - made me feel quite chuffed.

As I needed a new phone line too, I ordered that at the same time (priced at £49.99). Fortunately, I took a print of my order.

18th March - order placed.
    14th April - line installed but without broadband. The engineer told me I would be unlikely to get standard broadband because of my distance from the exchange.
    14th April - I telephoned BT to ask when I would receive my modem (hub) to be told I had only ordered a line costing £65 (not £49.99). BT promised a 'case manager' would call me back as my order was incorrect on their system.
    15th April - I received a call from BT to say they would call me on 18th to complete my order (a call to say I would get a call??).
    18th April - did not get the promised call so I called them. Told I could not have ordered broadband before my line had been installed (??).
    20th April - received a call from a case manager (Daryl) who informed me he had corrected my order and was crediting my account with £166, which he did (this was £150 Mastercard and £16 for the line overcharge). He knew nothing about the £50 cashback and asked me which cashback site I had used. I told me it was a link from MSE. He asked me to email him the details (Duh - I have no internet). He gave me a 'direct line' telephone number which (I now know) goes directly voicemail. I have left messages but never been called back.
    24th April - I received a hub by post.
    28th April broadband went live on my line. Almost six weeks and many phone calls in total and still £50 down.

All the above I can live with. What I am having trouble living with is my broadband speed: BT say 'up to 17Mbps'. What I am actually getting is 0.7Mbps - enough to post this but not much good for anything else.

First time I have ever regretted following Martin's advice.
    Money may not buy happiness .. but it lets you be miserable in comfort.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    <<All the above I can live with. What I am having trouble living with is my broadband speed: BT say 'up to 17Mbps'. What I am actually getting is 0.7Mbps - >>

Is that over WIfI ???( usually users fault not ISP )
    Have you contacted BT or used your members help pages/ community forum .
  • OnlyAlan
    Options
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    <<All the above I can live with. What I am having trouble living with is my broadband speed: BT say 'up to 17Mbps'. What I am actually getting is 0.7Mbps - >>

Is that over WIfI ???( usually users fault not ISP ) Over an ethernet cable. Going from wifi to cable improved speed from 0.6 to 0.7.
    Have you contacted BT or used your members help pages/ community forum Yes, both, the help pages said a fault had been fixed (don't know what) but there was no speed increase. .

Thanks for the reply.
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aside from your woes with BT CS, it is worth seeing what speeds BT Wholesale can actually supply to your premises.

Put your phone number in here

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

and see what ADSL speed they should be able to offer.

It will be very dependent on your distance from the exchange.

If you should be getting more than the 0.7Mb that you currently have, then you need to go back to BT to find out what is wrong.

However, before you do that, carry out the speed test with your modem plugged directly into the master socket (faceplate removed to remove any internal wiring).

HTH
  • OnlyAlan
    Options
    Thanks Mister G

Modem is plugged in as you suggested. The URL you have given is coming back as insecure and firefox will not open it.
    BT technical say I should be able to achieve ... wait for it... 1 whole Mbps. The exchange is six kilometres away.

Of course, had I known that I would not have joined.

Seems I am stuck with it or have to pay a lump of money for fibre optic.

I cannot see how BT can get away with selling a service which is, in my opinion, unfit for service.
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OnlyAlan wrote: »
    Thanks Mister G

Modem is plugged in as you suggested. The URL you have given is coming back as insecure and firefox will not open it.
    BT technical say I should be able to achieve ... wait for it... 1 whole Mbps. The exchange is six kilometres away.

Of course, had I known that I would not have joined.

Seems I am stuck with it or have to pay a lump of money for fibre optic.

I cannot see how BT can get away with selling a service which is, in my opinion, unfit for service.

Certainly 6km from the exchange would give ADSL speeds of 1Mb.

Did the BT checker say if FTTC (VDSL) was available?

Do you know how far you are from the cabinet, and if it is fibre enabled?

I had a similar situation where being 5km from the exchange and having 1Mb ADSL speed. Fortunately they put fibre to our cabinet in last year and, although being 1.5km from the cabinet, I do get a very reliable 18Mb on VDSL.

These days, there's not usually much difference in price between ADSL and FTTC (VDSL).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure