PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Breadmaking - recipes, hints, tips, questions

Options

Comments

• Lychee
    Lychee Posts: 446 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Allexie wrote:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I FORGOT TO PUT THE PADDLE THINGY IN!!!!!!!

*hugs Allexie* You're certainly not the first to have done such a thing ;P

Peanut Butter bread sounds interesting, wonder if I can give it a go with my Panasonic if someone has a recipe please?

Does anyone here make bread rolls? Other half says my rolls 'can be softer like the supermarket bought soft rolls'. pfft. So my rolls may be a little chewy... well, anyhow, is there anything I can add to make rolls more 'soft' or just less time in the oven?

• elvis_bloggs
    Options
    Allexie wrote:

sobicon8.gif sobicon8.gif sobicon8.gif sobicon8.gif sobicon8.gif sobicon8.gif sob

I hereby wish to tender my resignation from the honourable guild of breadmaker owners!

Wot a waste of ingredients/time/leccy.....boo hoo!

*note to self....engage brain before using breadmaker*
    You should see my bread Allexie, it's brill, I buy it from Aldi and it saves me money on putty.
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you use less milk powder it's not so sweet or cake like.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Allexie wrote:

Which is precisely why I modified every recipe in my handbook with a big handwritten...

First fit the paddle!

..bah humbug!! :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • cheaptokeep
    Options
    I use Wrights ciabatta mix for rolls. Make up the dough and then finish them in the oven. They are light and soft. Might be worth a try. A packet makes about 10. I think the packet is less than 60p.
    No idea how many £2 coins as they are in a big tin.....but at least £20 since Christmas. :j
  • Allexie
    Allexie Posts: 3,460 Forumite
    Options
    Peanut Butter Bread Mk11 (amazing what a difference a paddle can make!)

Is a monster of a loaf! Rose like something demented...hit top of BM and stuck so the crust got torn off when I opened it. :rolleyes: Will have to turn it on its side to cut it so no one sees the missing crust :D The smell is amazing...fresh bread and roasting peanuts...yum.

*I will get the hang of this BM malarkey...I will...I will icon9.gif *

P.S. It tastes really good, light and airy, (but not in a shop-bought way), with the peanut flavour and crunch coming through strongly! Just a touch too sweet though...will reduce sugar next time. (What is it with these recipe writers and sweetness!)
    ♥♥♥ Genius - 1% inspiration and 99% doing what your mother told you. ♥♥♥

• churchmouse_3
    Options
    little_lil wrote:
    thanks everyone for your replies. I guess that the answer will be down to trial and error.

one other quick question, i want to make malt loaf but cant find malt extract in tescos and have had a quick look online at both sainsburys and tescos and they don't have it. Any ideas where i can get it?

thanks
    I get my malt extract from the chemist its one of those family run businesses nota big one but i have been told that Boots may sell it as well
  • lyns_2
    lyns_2 Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    I got my breadmaker of my mom over a year ago and have only just took it out the cuboard.
    Its a bush 1.5lb and i just want to make white bread/cheese bread in it but i cant find the book that came with it.
    If someone can please give me a recipe for either cant find them in the list though i do fancy the choc one but have no chocolate in
    Number 4 due 21st jan
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Slightly over a pound and a half plain loaf.

460g flour
    260g water
    2 tbsp sugar
    2 tbsp milk powder (optional)
    2 tbsp oil or butter or lard
    2 tsp salt
    1 sachet (7g) active yeast
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • lyns_2
    lyns_2 Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Sqeaky pc crashed on friday and went to a craft fare yesterday at the nec so have only just got your recipe shall go and try it now

Just found this site www.bakingmad.com sorry if its already listed on here
    Number 4 due 21st jan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family