Comments

• deejayp
    deejayp Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Thank-you for your responses.

I have got a quote for RCL - Grandeur Of The Seas
    05 Aug 2012 , 7-Nights
    From Palma
    Provence (Marseilles), Ajaccio, Naples (Capri), Catania (Sicily), Valletta, Palma
    Total price for 3 of us in an inside cabin flying from Birmingham - £2119
    Is this a good deal?
    Thanks again
    March Grocery Challenge - £73.57 / £250.00
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    Next.....boat. New boats more facilities and bigger, old boats fewer bells and whistles.
    Its a bit of an old boat, with fewer facilities.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • travellerboy
    travellerboy Posts: 797 Forumite
    edited 10 June 2012 at 11:30AM
    Options
    deejayp wrote: »
    Total price for 3 of us in an inside cabin flying from Birmingham - £2119
    Is this a good deal?
    Thanks again

Take a look at vivavoyage website :- Grandeur of the Seas / 5th Aug -7 nts from Palma / 1 Adult + 2 Children 7yr and 9yr / Inside Cabin will cost £1295 and flights booked separately will cost £149 rtn (Birmingham to Palma). Total cost £1742 about £370 saving and you also get a $100 onboard credit.

Remenber on top of this you need to add Gratuities and your onboard drinks which can be expensive. There are deals for soft drinks for the kids, so check it out. Also any shore trips you take will be added costs but all in all it will work out cheaper than many land-based hotel holidays. Have a good time.
  • deejayp
    deejayp Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Thank-you again for all the replies - so very useful.

I hadn't seen the vivavoyage site and hadn't thought about booking seperately from the flight.

I am now looking at the Liberty of the Seas from Barcelona and then booking the flights through Monarch with a couple of extra days in Barcelona.

Thanks again :)
    March Grocery Challenge - £73.57 / £250.00
  • travellerboy
    Options
    Laurascxx wrote: »
    Am looking to go on the Independence next October, there should be quite a large group going on the 4 day sailing.

It is just a shame Royal Caribbean require a larger deposit than some of the other cruise lines.

Compasscruise Holidays have given me the best price so far.

x

I am sure you mean Oct 2013 as Indy is on 14nt cruises this October. Maybe a little early to book?
    If there are so many going you will be able to get a group booking, that means potentially free cabins and the deposit will be for the group which will be a lot less.
  • GemP
    GemP Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    We are going on the oceana to the western med in July. First time cruisers as well as it being our honeymoon :):) I was wondering if anyone had any advice regarding excursions and any other information you think a first time cruiser should know.

ps what type of sockets are on the ship? Do i need to bring a 2prong plug for hairdryer etc??

Thank you in advance of taking the time to respond :)

Have you tried Cruising Excursions? Just google them. We used them in October for our Western Med cruise and they were brilliant! And cheap!!!
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    MSC are pushing their relocation cruises a bit more these days.

25pppd cruise only inc solos.

http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/Cruise-Deals/Ocean_Voyages.aspx

there are reasonable options for 1 ways flights with avios and US booking agents
  • bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Options

there are reasonable options for 1 ways flights with avios and US booking agents

It's been going since end May/early June and there's only about 4 cruises left on the offer today- although there are now some for the return re-positioning next year.
  • bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Options
    MSC had a few more options on the repostioning cruises back up on their site last night. Not shown on the link page above but if you do a search for Ocean Voyages from the homepage they appear.
  • avril123
    avril123 Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to ask stupid question but what is a US booking agent and how do you get in touch??

Many thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure