Student loans and pensions

Options

Comments

• bamgbost
    bamgbost Posts: 469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well not sure whats going on but the Ombudsman must be having a back log.

I made a complaint ages back to cheque centre, and forwarded their final response to adjudicator. Whom said they agree with me and ordered CC to pay.

They appealed, and its now gone to the ombudsman. Been there for at least 2 mnths or more.

No further response. aaaaargh.

any1 else in same boat?
    365 Day 1p challenge - £371.49 / 667.95
    Emergency Fund   £1000 / £1000 ( will enlarge once debts are cleared)
    DFW - £TBC
  • reason2
    reason2 Posts: 362 Forumite
    Options
    was just browsing some of my old emails from Payday lenders..

i think this, from cash genie is one of my favs!

http://imgur.com/lT3ECJg
  • FourMenHadADream
    Options
    bamgbost

I have a quick quid case with ombudsman since March after QQ disagreed with adjudicator.

Was picked up by ombudsman for review on 26th June and when I called on Friday for an update I was told that the Ombudsman had left no notes since he picked the complaint up and to call back in a week or two to see if there's been any progress.
  • FourMenHadADream
    Options
    Reason2 that's a fantastic response the guy is clearly trolling. Off to FOS with that, I would also make FCA aware of the attitude of a regulated firm.
  • Neo187
    Neo187 Posts: 284 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So, a couple of days into this and already have an offer from one company which I've accepted. Wonga, PaydayUK and QuickQuid are the big ones I'll fight for months on! I wont be accpeting any offers unless its my full interest repaid (plus interest!) Between them I've calculated circa £7K of interest from the days about 4-5 years ago when they was lending me as much as my monthly wage! Wish me luck!
    Started comping: September 2013
    Wins so far: Cunard QM2 Cruise, X Factor final tickets, £1,000 Team build day, Dinner at the Ritz with Rolls Royce limo
    :D:j:T
  • List_Maker
    List_Maker Posts: 68 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi guys, just wanted to let you know that I received my last refund from lending stream today for over £5k. This brings my total refunds to £10,850.
    Lending stream only gave me a breakdown of what they would be paying two days before the deadline date, I disputed it as they had missed off a few lines of interest paid back. But sorted within a week. So just be careful with them if you do have all your records, mine were still on my account when I logged in Which made it easier.

I can't imagine that back in Oct when I decided to peruse this I would be in this position. Lessons truly learnt and now in a decent position to save for a house, with a good amount of deposit in the form o refunds. Just 18 months to wait until all defaults and odd pdls that were not refunded are a distant memory.
    Keep going!!! :j
  • BreakFree14
    BreakFree14 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    List_Maker wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wanted to let you know that I received my last refund from lending stream today for over £5k. This brings my total refunds to £10,850.
    Lending stream only gave me a breakdown of what they would be paying two days before the deadline date, I disputed it as they had missed off a few lines of interest paid back. But sorted within a week. So just be careful with them if you do have all your records, mine were still on my account when I logged in Which made it easier.

I can't imagine that back in Oct when I decided to peruse this I would be in this position. Lessons truly learnt and now in a decent position to save for a house, with a good amount of deposit in the form o refunds. Just 18 months to wait until all defaults and odd pdls that were not refunded are a distant memory.
    Keep going!!! :j

I have had no luck with Lending Stream what so ever, they have point blank told me that affordability checks were correct despite having 20 loans with them in the space of 2 years, how did you manage to get further? Should I go to the ombudsman?
  • Neo187
    Neo187 Posts: 284 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have had no luck with Lending Stream what so ever, they have point blank told me that affordability checks were correct despite having 20 loans with them in the space of 2 years, how did you manage to get further? Should I go to the ombudsman?

100% yes! dont take anything they say accurate.
    Started comping: September 2013
    Wins so far: Cunard QM2 Cruise, X Factor final tickets, £1,000 Team build day, Dinner at the Ritz with Rolls Royce limo
    :D:j:T
  • List_Maker
    List_Maker Posts: 68 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options

Yes just take them straight to FOS, I had over 35 loans within 2 years, all of them whilst I was in a DMP.
    Get as much info as you can, don't worry about sending your bank statements. The FOS was so unjudgemental. The fact they could see I was having 4 different pdl companies adding funds each morning, plus returned dds, charges and basically not affording to live really helped my case.
    FOS service said that after the first few loans LS should have asked for more info from me about my ins/outs. My internal score with LS plummeted which should have been and indicator.
    Good luck!!
  • reason2
    reason2 Posts: 362 Forumite
    Options
    i sent a copy of a credit agreement and info to uncle buck.

They advised they don't have any records and so this is no longer their responsibility.
    In fairness it is 6 years old, but any advise if they have wiped all information from 6 years ago how is best to proceed?

i have the agreement and all their emails back and forth
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure