Topcashback, Quidco and Shopitize app deals thread - post all deals and codes

Options

Comments

• philatio
    philatio Posts: 676 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just got the Shopitize app and trying to use it for the first time on some Cornettos from Morrisons. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm signed in.. I scanned the barcode on the product OK.. I then take a pic of the receipt exactly as shown (its a small receipt only 3 items).. and everytime after a minutes wait it says 'receipt unrecognised'.

I've tried on my iPad and my Android phone. The app seems to convert your pic to a low res one before sending it and therefore it becomes unintelligable (it looks fine in the preview).

I'm at the point of giving up. I've done receipt scan/save things for TCB and Quidco, never any problems.
  • lovingtescoforever
    Options
    Cadbury eggs and spoons double chocolate (4pk 136g)

£1 Cashback Shopitize
    Expires in 4 days

£2 in Sainsburys & tesco
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

£1 Cashback Shopitize
    Expires in 4 days

£2 in Sainsburys & tesco

Thanks for that love. I am going to wait until Tuesday when all the Easter items will be hopefully half price, so £1 and get £1 back. Well fingers crossed anyway!
  • paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well there won't be anything reduced in my Asda as they have no Easter stuff left today. Couldn't get my creme eggs or malteser bunnies
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    edited 21 April 2014 at 6:40PM
    Options

£1 Cashback Shopitize
    Expires in 4 days

£2 in Sainsburys & tesco

Bought these today as they are 98p in Morrisons. I scanned them all seperately at self-serve; but can only upload one receipt. Does this mean that when it says seperate receipts, they mean if you are claiming other offers on the app, so for instance Egg N Spoons and say Tropicana and washing up liquid ... these would all have to be on seperate receipts, which would be honoured, but not all the same product?
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Lima-India
    Lima-India Posts: 401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bought these today as they are 98p in Morrisons. I scanned them all seperately at self-serve; but can only upload one receipt. Does this mean that when it says seperate receipts, they mean if you are claiming other offers on the app, so for instance Egg N Spoons and say Tropicana and washing up liquid ... these would all have to be on seperate receipts, which would be honoured, but not all the same product?

For shopitize, as long as all the items can be bought at Morrisons (the Cadburys and Fairy liquid can, but I don't see Tropicana on my phone) then you can answer the question for each one, then scan then all and then upload the one receipt which contains all the products. I hope that helps.

In the previous conversation - there is lots of talk about separate receipts for Clicksnap and Checkoutsmart which are 2 different apps to Shopitize - is this where the confusion is coming from?
    I hope that helps :)
  • Heather_10
    Heather_10 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Regarding these being the same company, I am sure I have used the same receipt to claim different offers from these two apps? are they now saying that you can't do that?
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lima-India wrote: »
    For shopitize, as long as all the items can be bought at Morrisons (the Cadburys and Fairy liquid can, but I don't see Tropicana on my phone) then you can answer the question for each one, then scan then all and then upload the one receipt which contains all the products. I hope that helps.

In the previous conversation - there is lots of talk about separate receipts for Clicksnap and Checkoutsmart which are 2 different apps to Shopitize - is this where the confusion is coming from?
    I hope that helps :)

Sorry the tropicana was just an example, i had seen it on one of the app but couldn't remember which one. I wasn't sure of the T&Cs for Shopitize, but it seems that you can only buy one product on offer not multiple of the same, which it may differ for other apps.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Lima-India
    Options
    Sorry the tropicana was just an example, i had seen it on one of the app but couldn't remember which one. I wasn't sure of the T&Cs for Shopitize, but it seems that you can only buy one product on offer not multiple of the same, which it may differ for other apps.

Sorry for not understanding fully. Yes - Shopitize is for 1 of each item only. if there are 2 types of product in the 1 image then it's either/or. if there are 2 separate pictures of items then sometimes it's because they're only redeemable from different shops. Only occasionally there are 2 separate pictures of similar items that could be bought on a multibuy - one recent example was the Butterkist Popcorn (1 salted, 1 sweet). And you're right on other apps they tell you how many times an offer can be redeemed and there are quite a few which are allowed multiple times.
  • Lima-India
    Options
    Heather_10 wrote: »
    Regarding these being the same company, I am sure I have used the same receipt to claim different offers from these two apps? are they now saying that you can't do that?

See post 2063 below from Quidco Rep stating need to claim via separate receipts. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure