RevitaDerm, Revitol, Perfect Radiance?

Options

Comments

• Ell2577
    Ell2577 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone please advise whether they have been successful in receiving the refund from this company? I have now called them twice and both times they have told me I would receive confirmation emails of the refunds....have still not received them!

Also has anyone had experience of the Halfiax and this company? I have contacted them a couple of times to try and report the fraudulent transactions but they say I have to give them 15 days to respond and refund before they can proceed with the claim. Also as I voluntarily gave them the bank details does this mean that I dont have a claim and the Halifax dont have to do anything? I actually have not received any products from this company at all. They did not wait the 14 days before they debited my account of almost £160....I am beyond despair. I could cry....
  • competitionscafe
    Options
    More legal action against fake news sites and free trial scams by the FTC:
    http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/509368

So it's worth filing a complaint with the FTC (as the companies are usually in the US but you don't have to live in the US to report a company/file a complaint), perhaps send them a link to this thread too?
    https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?lang=en
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • Wilger
    Options
    I also am a victim of this scam but got all of my money back although I had paid by debit card. In 7 weeks I lost £489. Here is what I did:

1. Cancelled the card so that no money could go out but refunds go in. Visited local branch of my bank and they opened a Dispute File.
    2. Rang Revitalize and cancelled the contract. They said that if I returned unopened articles, they would refund them.
    3. Sent items off and was immediately refunded £332.
    4. That left 4 items. Re-read the conditions on the website and found that I was contracted for Revitaderm Moisturiser and Perfect Radiance Serum.
    5. The 4 items they sent were not mentioned in the contract, so I never asked for them. They broke the contract.
    6. Two items never reached me. If they had then I would have returned them and received a refund.
    7. Because they sent unwanted goods and 2 were never delivered, I demanded a full refund for all. They immediately did so.
    8. Now all my money is back and I have learned a lesson!
    9. I found the staff at the call centre polite, reasonable and helpful at all times and told them so.
    10. Asked the bank to close the Dispute File. Phew!!
  • kezcatz
    Options
    I cannot believe how many of us have been scammed by this. I cancelled my credit card a few minutes after receiving my credit card statement. Horrified and felt sick to see £230 taken out in a matter of a few weeks and best of all, having never received the pots of gold! I have sent numerous emails to revitaderm, they have only responded to my first one confirming 3 accounts have now been closed and I am still waiting to hear about reimbursement, but having cancelled my credit card I dont know how that will happen. The Halifax have never called back but Action Fraud were helpful and I wonder if anyone has gone as far as trying to make a claim under section 75 consumer credit act. Wouldn't you think that major banks etc are aware of these companies?:eek:
  • 12Casey4F
    Options
    just found this site by accident after foolishly paying 5.95 for free trial on Revitaderm. After reading what has happened to other people i'm worried they will try and take more money each month. I tried calling the number that appeared on the terms and conditions but no reply. have just cancelled my debit card in the hope they will not taken any further payments. Do any of you that have been affect3ed by this scan think this will be enough action to avoid them taking money out of my account. Its the first time have purchased anything on the internet not through PayPal and the last. What do you think?

I did the same as you, it all depends on how quick you are in acting. If you read my blogs on pages 4 & 5 you will see what I did. I hope you are as lucky as I was. but it's an awful few days of worry.
    Good luck 12Casey4F
  • pinkleslee
    Options
    As a follow up to a message i posted last week i thought i would let you all know that i managed to cancell my accounts and within one day they had credited my bank account with £78 just waiting to see if i get the other £78 back.
    All i did was email them and demanded that they close my account and reinburse me as i was led to belive that i had 30 days before they would take any money from my account not 1 week.
    I also informed my bank of what had happened and if it happens again they will get my money back and they will also chase up my other £78 if it is not back in my account within a week.
  • meximum wrote: »
    Complete Newbie to the forum although I have been receiving and acting, successfully, on the news posts for a while. Lovin the site!

Re the above products, surely I can´t be the only (self confessed) IDIOT to have been sucked into this ¨free trial¨ that turned out to cost 75 quid a month? Haved tried various searches but can find no reference? I must be doing something wrong and desperate to get to get out of this deal now! Please, please help:cool:

i got sucked into this deal but realised what was going on b4 i lost any money thankfully this is what you have to do to stop it all,
    call perfect radiance on 08081683685 quote them your details ie telephone number, tell them you want to cancel your order all 3 of them!!( i didnt realise there were 3 but trust me there are!!) she will give you a cancelation number for all 3 items (write them down )i then emailed the company back and this is what i wrote
    " ths email is my formal letter of cancelation for the following items( then quote your 3 reference numbers) if any money is taken from my card i will be informing the fraud squad and will be passing your details onto them straight away i do not give you autorisation to deduct from my card for any of the above product or for anything else for that mater ,i trust this is the end of it. i then rang the bank and canceled my card to be on the safe side ,hope this helps you ,all the best :(
  • Strangely
    Options
    This is all depressingly familiar. I've put a summary post on my website that details the history of the original Google Profits/Treasure Chest and Teeth Whitening/Colon Cleansing scams and also includes details of a class action against the original perpetrators.
    http://strangelyperfect.tv/10909/fabian-tactics-of-google-work-at-home-scam-legal-team/

Perhaps it's time to really nail down this scam's operators and get a class action going against them?

If not, just stay on the ball and get chargebacks at the earliest opportunity, because the websites and negative option scamming that I'm seeing now are almost exactly the same as those that we saw back in 2009. If it's not the same people, then it's an almost exact copy!!
  • competitionscafe
    competitionscafe Posts: 4,050 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 December 2011 at 4:15PM
    Options
    Ads are still running on Google (adwords) for fake news sites promoting the Perfect Radiance and Revitaderm scam using fake display urls of UK magazines and newspapers. Eg: These ones use the Daily Mail and Marie Claire domains:
    scamfakenewsadsenseads3.jpg

Clicking the ads takes you to a fake news site:

beautyhealthsmarts.com/uk/index5.php

Registered to:
    William Stefan
    5303 Glenhill Ave NE
    Canton, OH 44705
    USA
    williamstefan97@yahoo.com
    http://whois.domaintools.com/beautyhealthsmarts.com

The links to the Revita Derm and Perfect Radiance scam go via a4dtracker.com which belongs to Ads4Dough:
    6965 El Camino Real #105-441
    Carlsbad, Ca 92009 United States
    Tel 1-760-888-0229
    CEO: Jason Akatiff
    jasona@a4d.com
    http://www.a4d.com/contactus/
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ads4Dough/158369904220224
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • juliulio
    Options
    Halleluja, Just checked my bank account and have been refunded for the two amounts (£160 ish) taken previously. I had rung on 0808 168 3685 and mentioned the 'magic' words Federal Trading Standards (that I would be contacting them asap). Within 24 hours I had two cancellation emails. I wondered if I would receive any actual refunds as I had cancelled my debit card already. But hey, its all back. Just a word of warning here, obviously cancellation of cards doesn't mean this company can't still take out or put back funds as they wish. Good Luck All.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure