Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Elephantchunks
    • By Elephantchunks 4th Jan 18, 11:30 PM
    • 126Posts
    • 662Thanks
    Elephantchunks
    New life. Here we go.....
    • 4th Jan 18, 11:30 PM
    New life. Here we go..... 4th Jan 18 at 11:30 PM
    Right then! New year. New house. New county. New driver. New (to me) car. New log burner (ch'yeah we got it!!). New Mortgage. New life. Here we go........

Hi! Thanks for popping in. Please feel free to post here and ask questions.

I have promised myself that I will post everyday so some days may be me waffling, most will be lists (to stop me from unnecessary waffles) & some will be one word I imagine.
    Last edited by Elephantchunks; 05-01-2018 at 12:04 AM.
    Live a lot. Love a few. Always paddle your own canoe.
Page 2
    • Elephantchunks
    • By Elephantchunks 14th Jan 18, 12:21 AM
    • 126 Posts
    • 662 Thanks
    Elephantchunks
    Not a lot of DIY going on today tut tut.

BUT I have started my bullet journal today I decided not to do it in a note book as I can be quite messy and indecisive which would aggrevate me and stop me from using it. So instead I have added the sheets to my current financial spreadsheet file. I Fudging LOVE spreadsheets! I can choose the funky text; colour within the lines; move information around the page; move information to another page; Amend column widths to suit and delete whatever I like without a page of scribbles AND it saves loads of time.

So the sheets in my spreadsheet are currently as follows:
    Monthly Budget
    Household Bills
    Net Worth
    DIY Spends - Each room in categories
    Yearly Goals - Financial, House, Other.
    January Bullet Journal
    Calendar - Listed the usual but also noted renewal dates for the first time.
    Fun - All fun things we do & treats bought to look back on at year end.
    Extra Income Brainwaves

The January Bullet journal contents:
    Dates to Remember
    Daily Maintenance - daily tick boxes eg. eat less than 1200cal (5 ticks a week would be good).
    Monthly Goals - This month is short. Save £250. Put £400 into DIY account. Save £72 car maintenance. Finish Kitchen.
    Tasks - Plus step by step how to complete them
    Achievements - Main ones eg. Stuck to budget all month, Finished kitchen.
    Daily log - Each line coloured according to key. Eg. Money saved, Financial planning, DIY

I'm sure this will all be amended and extended over time.

What pages have you got on your spreadsheet or bullet journal?
    Last edited by Elephantchunks; 14-01-2018 at 12:28 AM.
    Live a lot. Love a few. Always paddle your own canoe.
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 14th Jan 18, 3:00 AM
    • 816 Posts
    • 3,602 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Ooh an electronic bullet journal. Interesting. I don't mind the fact my notebook has got messy, although I am looking forward to starting my new one soon so all the overview type pages (renewal dates, birthdays etc) can be brought together.

Although I am considering typing them up then printing out sheets to stick in. Oh decisions decisions
    The 100 payment countdown (each payment = £400) 2018 Starts at 13/100 o/s £34,750.
    Term Mortgage free date: October 2029 Current mortgage free date: April 2025 March 2025
    MFW 2018 Challenge Member #162 0/£2,500
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,428Posts Today

10,135Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin