What happens if you don't pay your water bill?

Options

Comments

• DILLIGAF_2
    Options
    This is copied from direct gov.
    Many water companies send out bills twice a year, in April and October. You can pay your bill all at once or in instalments - perhaps weekly, fortnightly or monthly. If you get behind with your payments the water company can't disconnect your supply, but they can take action to get their money and, if necessary, take you to court.
    There is a scheme called 'WaterSure' that may be able to help you. There is a useful flow chart on the Consumer Council for Water (CCWater) website where you can check if you are eligible for the WaterSure scheme.
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 February 2010 at 12:02PM
    Options
    It may be useful information but why resurrect a four year old thread?
  • alexfrag
    Options
    Well..lets see...i can read that some people here are thinking that they are very honest...but in fact..they are very stupid.:eek:

We pay, 20% in VAT, £1000.00 POUNDS MINIMUM IN COUNCIL TAX, Income tax, National Insurance, Road Tax.......etc :mad:....I mean...the state is very expensive...and they should not charge water bills for households as they are enssential for health and living. The state expend £billions£ of pounds in things they shouldnt expend for and then they pass the water supplies for companies to explore the business...so..you are explored by the state and the company....you are a double slave.:rotfl:

What scares me is that people dont mind to be controlled. water bill is a moral crime, dont pay it.:T
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    'Explored?'

Another troll who cannot spell - hopefully nobody will bite!
  • mod-boy
    mod-boy Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I think he means 'exploited' and unfortunately whether people like it or not, he makes valid points here....

perhaps it could be said that those condoning utilities practices have a vested interest?
  • samsmoot
    samsmoot Posts: 736 Forumite
    Options
    Can I say something here? Actually, best not...
  • pinky2681
    pinky2681 Posts: 210 Forumite
    Options
    alexfrag wrote: »
    Well..lets see...i can read that some people here are thinking that they are very honest...but in fact..they are very stupid.:eek:

We pay, 20% in VAT, £1000.00 POUNDS MINIMUM IN COUNCIL TAX, Income tax, National Insurance, Road Tax.......etc :mad:....I mean...the state is very expensive...and they should not charge water bills for households as they are enssential for health and living. The state expend £billions£ of pounds in things they shouldnt expend for and then they pass the water supplies for companies to explore the business...so..you are explored by the state and the company....you are a double slave.:rotfl:

What scares me is that people dont mind to be controlled. water bill is a moral crime, dont pay it.:T

if you think its a crime buy your water from tesco and strain out your toilet waste see how long you last drinking dirty water. Water is very cheap from water companies thames water for example charge £1.87 for 220 gallons supply and waste and £80 per year to bring it to your door and take away the waste try and see how much tesco would charge to deliver water to your door every time you need a bath and pay there prices per bottle its your kind of attitude that is costing everyone extra on there bills :mad:
  • GlobalCollusion
    Options
    I dont think it is fair they can charge for the water it's self. Do they own the water? It fell from the sky into their pockets?!?!

I feel the water is as much mine as it is yours. Fair enough they bring the water to us but this does not justify what they charge us for it. They can't even fix leaks.

Water is a basic human need and people should not be making profit from it. Insted they often put poisons in it (floride and other chemicals) and sell it on for as much money as they can get away with.

Hopfuly people will wake up soon!

A bit off the subject but i feel the same way about motor insurance. Anyone who dives on the roads has to get insurance.... fair enough. But how come we have to buy it from a selection of profit making organizations?!?! To be competative you may say? Ridiculous! Premiums should be cost of claims + running cost.
  • deano4930
    deano4930 Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    I dont think it is fair they can charge for the water it's self. Do they own the water? It fell from the sky into their pockets?!?!

I feel the water is as much mine as it is yours. Fair enough they bring the water to us but this does not justify what they charge us for it. They can't even fix leaks.

Water is a basic human need and people should not be making profit from it. Insted they often put poisons in it (floride and other chemicals) and sell it on for as much money as they can get away with.

Hopfuly people will wake up soon!

A bit off the subject but i feel the same way about motor insurance. Anyone who dives on the roads has to get insurance.... fair enough. But how come we have to buy it from a selection of profit making organizations?!?! To be competative you may say? Ridiculous! Premiums should be cost of claims + running cost.

The amount of times i have heard that from customers on the phone..

I would happily disconnect someones property and let them live off the water from the sky!
  • kaya64
    kaya64 Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    alexfrag wrote: »

I don't because i am against being forced to drink water that is fluoridated against my consent, but to some on here they consider me a common thief , but maybe if more people protested our water supply would be safe to drink . I am against paying to be poisoned not sure why anyone else would willingly pay to be poisoned the mind boggles ....:eek::eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure